I’ll Say It

eastten

Just now, pioneer42 said:

Shelby has been in the Union Family a while. She influenced a lot of kids every where. GC has an excellent coach but she would be welcomed with open arms if she was at GC. 

I think she could be the answer for the Tigers if given a fair chance. She won't be fired because a few delusional fans go nuts after losing to a bitter in county rival, but she won't ever be successful either if her players have to go home and listen to their parents, relatives, and neighbors run down her ability to coach. Players have to believe in their system, and they have to give their best effort for it to work... long term this depends on support from the community and the players for Coach Bowman to succeed at Lexington.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I think she could be the answer for the Tigers if given a fair chance. She won't be fired because a few delusional fans go nuts after losing to a bitter in county rival, but she won't ever be successful either if her players have to go home and listen to their parents, relatives, and neighbors run down her ability to coach. Players have to believe in their system, and they have to give their best effort for it to work... long term this depends on support from the community and the players for Coach Bowman to succeed at Lexington.

I hope she finds a place that is a good fit for her. She is a basketball 24/7 type of coach. I am not so sure Lexington is like that. 

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

This is so true. 

On 2/19/2020 at 12:02 PM, RealisticFan45 said:

This is accurate according to TSSAA. She is on the district with Riverdale and Blackman i believe

Same district but located in Smyrna.  They are hosting the district tournament this week and will play Riverdale on Saturday. She really coaches those girls up and took Riverdale to OT last Friday. Should be a good game on Saturday .

On 2/13/2020 at 11:34 AM, eastten said:

Just. Because. A. Player. Plays. In. A. Storied. Program. Does. Not. Mean. They. Should. Be. A. Miss. Basketball. Finalist. 

East Tennessee snubbed again. Let’s release names of “committee” members. 

Unpopular opinion coming in....

Mr/Miss Basketball, Mr. Football, really doesn't matter. Way too much importance is put on it and there is absolutely no way anyone is watching a majority of the teams in the state play to build their opinion. It is a great honor if you win it, and all are deserving of the honor. However, not winning doesn't make your contributions any less valuable. We have many districts and regions that can't get their MVPs correct, why do we expect that they can do it on a state level.

That being said, there are a lot of fan bases that are unrealistic about how good their own players are. Most fans watch their own team all season long and struggle to view everyone through unbiased lenses. Just because your player had a great year, doesn't make them the best. Doesn't take anything away from them, but is just the way it is. Too many people in this world think the "system" is out to get them.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SportsWestTN said:

Unpopular opinion coming in....

Mr/Miss Basketball, Mr. Football, really doesn't matter. Way too much importance is put on it and there is absolutely no way anyone is watching a majority of the teams in the state play to build their opinion. It is a great honor if you win it, and all are deserving of the honor. However, not winning doesn't make your contributions any less valuable. We have many districts and regions that can't get their MVPs correct, why do we expect that they can do it on a state level.

That being said, there are a lot of fan bases that are unrealistic about how good their own players are. Most fans watch their own team all season long and struggle to view everyone through unbiased lenses. Just because your player had a great year, doesn't make them the best. Doesn't take anything away from them, but is just the way it is. Too many people in this world think the "system" is out to get them.

BEST POST I HAVE SEEN ALL YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i will admit idk everything about basketball, but what i do know is that I was blessed enough to have a great D2 career and some of these fans need to go watch games at every level before stating a kid is this or that or can play here or there.

• Upvote 1