Individual Regions

Bump11

2 hours ago, Feedback said:

I understand it only effects team points within that region. I would have thought TSSAA would have all regions doing the same thing.  It just surprised me that region 7 was the only region and for state you only place the top 4 to make it. Teams could potentially be rewarded for having more kids in consolations then in the finals. And kids that lose their 4th place spot after wrestling for 3rd would not have in other regions. Fyi- this had no bearing on my wrestler. Just thinking of others and how they would have made it if in a different region. 

We had this rule a couple years back and then voted it away and for some reason voted it back last year. I m not a fan of the rule and agree that it seems that teams that have more kids wrestling those extra matches are grabbing extra points.  Example we had 7 finalist (5 champs and 2 runner ups) and 1 4th place but came in 2nd in points to Brentwood that had 2 champs 1 runner up and 4th 4th place finishes. At the end of the day it is what it is team point wise but I ll take the 7 finalist of the team title. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Feedback said:

Any reason why Region 7 had a true 4th place and no other region had that?  Doesn’t a double elimination tournament mean you can only lose twice. Can’t that unfairly add team points by allowing two kids that have lost twice wrestle again?  Just curious on thoughts and why it isn’t consistent throughout the state. 

Well the fact region 7 is far from region 2 where most of the brackets only had 4 people in the weight class and kids get to just show up to the region tournament and make weight and boom they make it to state the true 4th kinda gives you a second chance to get in the state tournament after having a solid tournament keeps the 3rd place match interesting as well..