AAA Individual State Predictions

TalkingSense

21 hours ago, Bump11 said:

i’ll work on the back side of the brackets this week when i can get  brackets printed out. but at first glance... this is how i’d have the QF through the finals..lightweights first.  i’ll do the rest later

106-

#1 Ethan Wilson (Bradley) over #4 Russell Ford (Indy)

#3 Keegan Schulz (Munford) over #6 Chas Stokes (Oakland)

#2 Bentley Ellison (Cleveland) over Kalen Reed (G’town)

Owen Gobel (Franklin) over Caleb Mackie (Warren)

Wilson over Schulz

Ellison over Gobel

Wilson over Ellison

113-

#1 Hunter Borders (Wilson) over Kainen Kyle (Maryville)

Easton Lipsey (Bradley) over Jackson Masters (Summit)

#4 Kolin Koss (Bartlett) over Douglas Mann (Kenwood)

#3 Justin Bradford (Blackman) over #2 Chris Calvin (McGavock)

Borders over Lipsey

Bradford over Koss

Borders over Bradford

120-

#1 Jackson Bradford (Cleveland) over Alex Rose (Blackman)

#6 Ross Keith (Lebanon) over Zachary Teaster (Heritage)

#4 Bryce Woerner (Rossview) over Dylan Ables (Centennial)

#2 Trey Bates (Beech) over #5 Luke Belcher (Bradley)

Bradford over Keith

Bates over Woerner

Bates over Bradford

126-

#1 Trae McDaniel (Cleveland) over Presley Dittmer (Indy)

#5 Avery Warnock (Wilson) over Javelle Gillespie (Science Hill)

#3 Brennan Watkins (Dobyns) over Taron Patterson (Bradley)

#2 Sammy Shires (Rossview) over Caleb Adkins (Tullahoma)

McDaniel over Warnock

Shires over Watkins

McDaniel over Shires

132-

#3 Tyler Seeley (Science Hill) over Gavin Hughes (Bradley)

#1 Frankie Medina (Riverdale) over Riley Fort (Wilson)

#5 Kenney Harless (Stewart’s Creek) over Dejuan Williamson (Lebanon)

#2 Ethan Moore (Rossview) over #4 Hunter Davis (Heritage)

Seeley over Medina

Moore over Harless

Moore over Seeley

138-

#1 Christian Isbell (Clarksville) over Nate Kinnear (Houston)

#4 Landon Fisher (Jefferson) over Zach Garabrandt (Farragut)

#3 Cole Fort (Wilson) over Shane Lemons (Dobyns)

#2 Braxton Mann (Science Hill) over Nathanial Gonzalez (West Creek)

Isbell over Fisher

Mann over Fort

Isbell over Mann

138-

Isbell over Fisher

Mann over Fort

Isbell over Mann

so you don’t think tanner willet beats Shane lemons who lost to Seth Gregory 11-5 willet pinned Gregory 

also 

kinnear has to face Alton Cates who was previously ranked at 5th and 6th in the state before he can match up with isbell.. 

Alton Cates dec Seth Gregory

Gregory Dec Garabrandt

Quillen Dec Cates region tournament

Edited by cougars130

4 hours ago, cougars130 said:

138-

Isbell over Fisher

Mann over Fort

Isbell over Mann

so you don’t think tanner willet beats Shane lemons who lost to Seth Gregory 11-5 willet pinned Gregory 

also 

kinnear has to face Alton Cates who was previously ranked at 5th and 6th in the state before he can match up with isbell.. 

Alton Cates dec Seth Gregory

Gregory Dec Garabrandt

Quillen Dec Cates region tournament

honestly i do think Willet beats Lemons. i think Tanner could beat anyone not named Isbell at this weight. and as a middle tn guy i hope him or fort come out of that side and we get an all middle TN final with Isbell. however i had to go outside of the box some to keep things interesting. it makes for good discussion!

Lemons is solid when he’s on and i think Dobyns is in contention for the podium so he’ll have some momentum for the team race. he might get pinned..he might lose in OT, or maybe he’ll pull it off. who knows? one thing i do know is it’s gonna make you watch that match now and wanna pull this up and respond no matter the result. ;)

Edited by Bump11
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, MadHatter6 said:

Can anyone shed some light on what happened with Ethan Hylton at 138? He was tearing it up at the beginning of the season and now doesn’t compete at regionals? Has a head to head win over Landon Fisher region 1 champion.

21 hours ago, Grapeape618 said:

From what was said he was caught cutting weight during weigh ins and was disqualified. Fisher was 2-1 against him this year. 

21 hours ago, MadHatter6 said:

I heard a story through the grapevine that an opposing coach went to find a referee and pointed him out specifically. Was hoping someone had a better explanation of exactly what happened, and the situation of “cutting weight”.  Hate to see any kid get left out of the state tournament.

I can shed some light.  First Ethan is an outstanding student, dedicated wrestler, team captain, and all around exemplary kid.  He never missed a single practice this season nor did he ever miss weight for any event.  Not a single disciplinary issue.   He is low key and humble. The kind of kid every team wants in their room.

1. Ethan was under weight at the time he was "caught" by at least .6 to .8 lbs.  Ethan, like any responsible kid, is a worrier about his weight.  He cares perhaps too much.   Our coach volunteered to put him on the scale right then and there.  
  2. We failed Ethan as a team.  We should have handled our pre weigh-in business better and the incident should not have occurred.  All of us deeply regret this and I've personally lost a lot of sleep over this incident.
  3. Jimmy Miller from Science Hill made a choice to report Ethan (were there other kids? I don't know) to the referee.
  4. In the end an outstanding kid, a really really good kid, was denied his chance to compete for the podium.  
  5. We, his team, all share blame but I'm flabbergasted that another coach, and a referee, took it to the level they did.
Edited by oceansize42
typo, changed my post to make it more clear we are at fault

blows my mind that a coach or official would do this. you would think they even though your not supposed to be cutting weight for whatever reason that the coach and official would think about what they did to cut weight and give blind eye. sounds like this coach was making it about him which is sad. i couldnt imagine taking that opportunity away from a kid. worst cause is make him step on the scale right then. sad situation for this young man.

44 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

I can shed some light.  First Ethan is an outstanding student, dedicated wrestler, team captain, and all around exemplary kid.  He never missed a single practice this season nor did he ever miss weight for any event.  Not a single disciplinary issue.   He is low key and humble. The kind of kid every team wants in their room.

1. Ethan was under weight at the time he was "caught" by at least .6 to .8 lbs.  Ethan, like any responsible kid, is a worrier about his weight.  He cares perhaps too much.   Our coach volunteered to put him on the scale right then and there.  
  2. We failed Ethan as a team.  We should have handled our pre weigh-in business better and the incident should not have occurred.  All of us deeply regret this and I've personally lost a lot of sleep over this incident.
  3. Jimmy Miller from Science Hill made a choice to report Ethan (were there other kids? I don't know) to the referee.
  4. In the end an outstanding kid, a really really good kid, was denied his chance to compete for the podium by an overzealous coach and referee.  
  5. We all share blame but I'm flabbergasted that another coach, and a referee, took it to the level they did.

Let me get this right??? You are a coach? You should know the rule that when weigh ins start, all weight cutting stops!! You blaming another coach when your kid was breaking the rule? 

Correct me please if i am wrong, but the only finger pointing should be at yourself, right? Why bash or criticize another coach on public forum because you got caught breaking a rule?  That seems crazy to me!

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, werazzlin said:

Let me get this right??? You are a coach? You should know the rule that when weigh ins start, all weight cutting stops!! You blaming another coach when your kid was breaking the rule? 

Correct me please if i am wrong, but the only finger pointing should be at yourself, right? Why bash or criticize another coach on public forum because you got caught breaking a rule?  That seems crazy to me!

You are correct in that the blame is 100% ours.  I'm not a coach but highly involved. Jimmy made his choice and I have no problem, zero, in stating his choice on a public forum. I'm sure he stands by it.

Nonetheless I'm very very surprised it went to the level that it did. 

Edit: I changed my original post to make it more clear we are at fault.

Edited by oceansize42
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, memphissoccerpimp22 said:

blows my mind that a coach or official would do this. you would think they even though your not supposed to be cutting weight for whatever reason that the coach and official would think about what they did to cut weight and give blind eye. sounds like this coach was making it about him which is sad. i couldnt imagine taking that opportunity away from a kid. worst cause is make him step on the scale right then. sad situation for this young man.

The official has no choice but to make the call on what he sees!  He cannot turn a "BLIND EYE" to something that is obviously taking place in front of him.  Now I would not encourage the official to go power trip and begin looking for problems prior to the match.  As far as a coach reporting a weight cutting violation that is something that they will have to live with.  Being a coach at the event I would never/ever  go and get an official and bring it to their attention even if it was the state finals.  What I would do is find the coach of the wrestler and tell him that he has a wrestler that is cutting weight illegally and that if the official sees this taking place he will be disqualified.  If the wrestlers coach continues to allow the wrestler to cut weight illegally and the wrestler gets caught that is then on both the coach and wrestler.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, cbg said:

The official has no choice but to make the call on what he sees!  He cannot turn a "BLIND EYE" to something that is obviously taking place in front of him.  Now I would not encourage the official to go power trip and begin looking for problems prior to the match.  As far as a coach reporting a weight cutting violation that is something that they will have to live with.  Being a coach at the event I would never/ever  go and get an official and bring it to their attention even if it was the state finals.  What I would do is find the coach of the wrestler and tell him that he has a wrestler that is cutting weight illegally and that if the official sees this taking place he will be disqualified.  If the wrestlers coach continues to allow the wrestler to cut weight illegally and the wrestler gets caught that is then on both the coach and wrestler.  

cbg your correct this couldve been handled a totally different way. But it does seem like the coach might have been out to get him and yes the official didnt have a choice. and at first nobody mentioned it was while weighs were still going on. i know ive seen kids try to step on the scale while weigh ins to check there weight and the official asked him in a joking manner havent you been doing this for how many years, you know you cant do that once weigh ins start. lol...

1 hour ago, werazzlin said:

First from someone that did coach before there is no way in hades I would turn a kid in for that, first because it’s a stupid rule. I mean I understand the new Rules put into place since I wrestled myself back in the late 1990’s to keep kids safe. But seriously to not allow kids to cut a few ounces once weigh-ins starts  Is stupid. As long as they don’t hold up weigh-ins as well as they are not trying to drop below their allowed weight what freaking difference does it make? Guess it’s good I got out of all this crap and quit coaching. Second yes Miller’s a coward for turning the kid in, as mentioned if it had been me I would have said something to his coach and had it stopped, but no way in hades I am taking a kids chance to go to the state tourney away stupid rule or not. Goes to show me exactly what kind of coach Science Hill has and why I am glad they got that butt stomped a few weeks ago at state duals. So go DB!