AAA Individual State Predictions

TalkingSense

13 hours ago, Wontsumgetsum said:

At least it’s not a pig tail! Like back in the day! Lose and have to see if that guy wins or not! Could be worse.

Back in the early day's if a wrestler lost not only did the wrestler that defeated them have to win but at one time that wrestler had to make it to the finals for the wrestler to be in the consolation bracket.  The soft parents that we have today would have a fit that "LITTLE JOHNNY" didn't place in the state tournament.  I really do wish that everyone was back together in a 32 man bracket and they only placed the Top 4.  The cream would rise to the top!

1 minute ago, JSamson7 said:

This is pretty good, but I don't see how you can have a Region champ #32 when he's already beat 4-5 kids who are also in the tournament.

Yeah I dont know when or how they did the seeding but I thought they did a good of talking about some good potential matches and all that good stuff. 

1 hour ago, mat73557 said:

You won't get proper seeding until all teams are required to properly put all their results in Track.

not necessarily. why can’t it be like a regular seeding meeting? have a board of 1 or 2 coaches from each region..they seed regions and every other tournament just fine without “all” results on track

44 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

not necessarily. why can’t it be like a regular seeding meeting? have a board of 1 or 2 coaches from each region..they seed regions and every other tournament just fine without “all” results on track

We let track seed our regional meeting and it is pretty good at getting the top guys in the right spot

24 minutes ago, goblue1 said:

We let track seed our regional meeting and it is pretty good at getting the top guys in the right spot

interesting. i mean, if it works, it works..but it’s not a necessity. i remember when i was in school and we’d have our home tournament, and all the coaches would come the night before and sit in a room and do it all. technology is taking over the world. but the “lack of results on track” isn’t a good excuse. it was done before track, it can be done without it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Feedback said:

Compare our state to states around us and to place in state in TN with a 32 man bracket is an accomplishment. You don’t see brackets of 32 in those states like GA and AL. I think that is what makes competition so good and exciting in TN.  

that’s the exact opposite of what it is. it’s much harder to place in GA and PA and CO and other big wrestling states. more people in the bracket doesn’t make it mean more or make it harder. if anything, it waters down the competition. a lot of states do what i suggested. there’s 2 tournaments before state to ensure the best of the best qualify. the quality of matches at the state tournament in other states is much higher. i go to the Colorado state tournament and watch when i can and there’s first round matches that are championship caliber matches. you don’t see that often in tennessee

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

that’s the exact opposite of what it is. it’s much harder to place in GA and PA and CO and other big wrestling states. more people in the bracket doesn’t make it mean more or make it harder. if anything, it waters down the competition. a lot of states do what i suggested. there’s 2 tournaments before state to ensure the best of the best qualify. the quality of matches at the state tournament in other states is much higher. i go to the Colorado state tournament and watch when i can and there’s first round matches that are championship caliber matches. you don’t see that often in tennessee

There's 7 divisions in Georgia. You'll never ever ever be able to convince me its more difficult to medal in that state than in Tennessee.

I've seen kids go to tournaments in Alabama and beat state champs and medalists bad then come back here and not even hit the podium. More divisions DOES NOT mean stronger wreslting.

• Like 1