District 14AA Tournament Thread... Who you got?

WhereYouAt

54 minutes ago, Bkbfan4ever said:

#12 wouldn’t play for me.  Should have never been allowed back on the team 

Coach Riley (McNairy) has proven that he doesn't put winning above discipline in the past... he's had conduct issues in two or three previous seasons that resulted  in casting some of his best players from the team, so I wouldn't be too quick to say that #12 shouldn't have been on the team or that he was just to get wins. Coaches are mentors to our young people, and if the kid "earned" his way back on the team, that's Coach Riley's call to help him with a life lesson. Whatever #12 has done with that opportunity is on him, but Riley wouldn't hesitate to ask for his jersey back if he's out of control.

5 hours ago, WhereYouAt said:

I went to the semi finals last night. I thought McNairy got some tough calls with about 3 minutes left in the game that actually impacted the game. Their coach got a bench warning but did not get a T. He kept his composure. North Side won the game to create a North Side vs South Side championship game. 

South Side killed Lexington. their press is the best press I have seen all year. But if they don't make some 3's they are going to be in trouble with a team that can break the press. Lexington was just outmanned. Someone said Lexington's guards are all sophomores and they played like it last night.

If South Side Makes shots they have a chance to make it the state tournament and maybe win it. 

Best assessment of South Side on coachT. They are athletic, they are deep, and they play hard... they are not in the same class as the Bolivar, Liberty, Mitchell, and South Side teams of the Kemp, Chism, Sain and Long brothers, Thaddeus Young, ect… teams that used to battle in the district, or the last South Side team that beat a loaded CPA team for the gold ball.

South Side looks dominant because the level of competition in the west is down, not because they are unguardable in any position, or that their half court defense is smothering. When (if) they meet a team who breaks their press and matches their intensity, they could be in trouble matching up in a half court offense and getting high percentage shots. Not saying that they won't win state, just that I don't expect them to look as unbeatable against a solid and well disciplined team as they do against the very ordinary teams from this region.

53 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Coach Riley (McNairy) has proven that he doesn't put winning above discipline in the past... he's had conduct issues in two or three previous seasons that resulted  in casting some of his best players from the team, so I wouldn't be too quick to say that #12 shouldn't have been on the team or that he was just to get wins. Coaches are mentors to our young people, and if the kid "earned" his way back on the team, that's Coach Riley's call to help him with a life lesson. Whatever #12 has done with that opportunity is on him, but Riley wouldn't hesitate to ask for his jersey back if he's out of control.

Well based off what I seen last night, McNairy’s coach got a warning, player got a tech(I believe 45)  and player(12) got called for his 5th foul. It was one of the dirtiest fouls I have seen! Also #12 almost caused a brawl, I was seating on North Side’s side and they was too happy. I continue to watch #12 he had to be restrained & didn’t shake hands after North Side defeated them! So to me just looking from the outside looking in(imo) Coach Riley may have lost the team! Or a few players 

44 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Best assessment of South Side on coachT. They are athletic, they are deep, and they play hard... they are not in the same class as the Bolivar, Liberty, Mitchell, and South Side teams of the Kemp, Chism, Sain and Long brothers, Thaddeus Young, ect… teams that used to battle in the district, or the last South Side team that beat a loaded CPA team for the gold ball.

South Side looks dominant because the level of competition in the west is down, not because they are unguardable in any position, or that their half court defense is smothering. When (if) they meet a team who breaks their press and matches their intensity, they could be in trouble matching up in a half court offense and getting high percentage shots. Not saying that they won't win state, just that I don't expect them to look as unbeatable against a solid and well disciplined team as they do against the very ordinary teams from this region.

Have you seen us play? 

4 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Have you seen us play? 

Many times. Were you fortunate enough to see Bolivar with Brian Lake/Olajuwon Kemp/Willie Kemp/ Wayne Chism? Memphis Mitchell with Thaddeus Young? Liberty Tech with the Long twins that beat the Bolivar team mentioned? Even the South Side teams from then, or the later Hawks team that beat CPA for the title? I have been fortunate enough to watch dozens of games between those schools mentioned, and as good as this year's South Side team is, they aren't on that level.

11 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Many times. Were you fortunate enough to see Bolivar with Brian Lake/Olajuwon Kemp/Willie Kemp/ Wayne Chism? Memphis Mitchell with Thaddeus Young? Liberty Tech with the Long twins that beat the Bolivar team mentioned? Even the South Side teams from then, or the later Hawks team that beat CPA for the title? I have been fortunate enough to watch dozens of games between those schools mentioned, and as good as this year's South Side team is, they aren't on that level.

As a Hawk fan I have to disagree! I agree this is not the most talented team we have had, but this is the deepest team we have had. I think we are deeper this year than any of the listed teams above. I am curious to see how we farewell this year. But it’s tournament time, so we shall see! 

13 hours ago, biggz1517 said:

This is absolutely the worst district in all of America! Like, everybody's playing for experience, just knowing they don't stand a chance against Southside. Our kids at Northside won't ever win, regardless of talent, because our coaches suck! Southside will beat us by 30 on Tuesday! I'm thinking about staying at home!

Flipping subjects: Somebody needs to get a handle on the little boy from McNairy, #12 White! He has the worst temper I've seen! He tries to fight someone in every game and intensionally tries to hurt someone! He is a cancer to that team! If he ever does anything to my child, I'm going to help mine whoop his lil tail! It's ridiculous!!

North Side poster? Who's this?

2 hours ago, SayWhat said:

Mitchell teams back then..Thad days...4-5 d-1 guys...Southside deep like that?

Easy answer... NO. South Side has 10-12 good high school players, they play with intensity while on the floor, and don't drop off much no matter who's in the game. It works, and Liberty Tech won a couple of titles using the formula, but Liberty had better players if not quite as deep as South Side. Put the Hawks in a half court offense and they're not nearly as dangerous as the old Liberty Tech teams, who ran a motion offense and had some good mid range shooters.