Surprises or Upsets

GoTNwrestling

9 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

that doesn’t make it an upset lol. 3 over 2 isn’t an upset. past results don’t mean anything if bradford is considered better. if the consensus was that calvin was head and shoulders better then sure..but they are close enough in skill, no matter what calvin has done in the past, that it’s not an upset. to each their own i guess

That's literally the definition of an upset. A lower ranked wrestler beats a higher ranked wrestler. By definition its an upset.

Add in the fact that Calvin is a 2x runner up and Bradford hasn't medaled at all makes it even more so. Doesn't mater if you "knew" he was leaps and bounds better.

57 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

That's literally the definition of an upset. A lower ranked wrestler beats a higher ranked wrestler. By definition its an upset.

Add in the fact that Calvin is a 2x runner up and Bradford hasn't medaled at all makes it even more so. Doesn't mater if you "knew" he was leaps and bounds better.

actually upset is an UNEXPECTED defeat, not sure this was all that unexpected so you would be wrong, ALSO unless I am missing some brackets Calvin is only a 1 time runner-up and 2 time placer being 5th 2 years ago and 2nd last year, so he wasn't a 2X runner-up. As far as Bradford not placing before, he is a 10th grader and he didn't wrestle a ton of varsity last year(although he did pin Kolin Koss who he faces in the semi's tonight) so it wasn't an upset and Bradford is very much the 2nd best wrestler in the state and has wrestled Borders pretty well earlier in the year at GP West getting beat 7-4.

Edited by cobrakid8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ummmno said:

ok boomer

2 hours ago, GoTNwrestling said:

A good match-up I want to see is Brezna vs. Morrisette. They have already wrestled twice this year, and this is the one that counts. Can Brezna avenge the losses from Morrisette? Can Morrisette come back from the heartbreaking defeat in the Quarters?

Brezna wins in the final seconds. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cbg said:

Calvin is a good athlete.  If you put him in the Cleveland or Bradley room for one year he would not only win the state but may TF or pin his way through the tournament.  You have to be in a good room and compete against good competition everyday.  

That’s so true and very underrated. The room you practice in matters. 

Edited by GoTNwrestling
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, cbg said:

Calvin is a good athlete.  If you put him in the Cleveland or Bradley room for one year he would not only win the state but may TF or pin his way through the tournament.  You have to be in a good room and compete against good competition everyday.  

absolutely. but i will say.. if you put anyone in the cleveland or bradley room..or the wilson central room even, they are all gonna get a lot better.  no offense to any other team or coach or wrestler, but there's a reason those 3 are consistently the top of the food chain. the room is filled with studs from top to bottom and their youth programs are also top notch so they are in that room, some of them for 7+ years

6 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

absolutely. but i will say.. if you put anyone in the cleveland or bradley room..or the wilson central room even, they are all gonna get a lot better.  no offense to any other team or coach or wrestler, but there's a reason those 3 are consistently the top of the food chain. the room is filled with studs from top to bottom and their youth programs are also top notch so they are in that room, some of them for 7+ years

Very true. Just think how much better, fluid and more technical every team would be with 2-3 years of experience prior to getting into the high school room, yet alone what WC, Cleveland, Bradley, etc. has kids starting their high school career with 7-10 years of experience.