Surprises or Upsets

GoTNwrestling

40 minutes ago, Newestguy said:

Is that supposed to be sarcasm or a shot at all the wrestlers, coaches, fans and administrators involved with Fairview, Whitwell and the entire "small school" community. Maybe they care as much as you and the mighty, high powered Tennessee "big school" community does about their business.

I can just hear some wrestling fan in IA, PA, OH, NJ, CA, etc. community asking "wow did you see that upset at the TN state tourney"? and some arrogant jerk says "who cares, that's TN".

It was a stupid statement, don’t let people upset you like that. I think that on an individual basis small schools could compete with large schools I just don’t think combining for duals would be fair due to the resources that large schools have as well as allowance for travel, etc that give them an advantage. And by stupid statement I mean it’s a small school who cares.

Edited by CHSBLUE
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Yep a rebuilding year they say. We also return 7 out the 10 medalist and all 4 that are in the finals 

Rebuilding this year and we will be better next year with some of the talented kids coming out of the middle school along with our depth at some weights that are returning. The weight classes will take care of themselves. 

1 hour ago, JIII said:

Rebuilding this year and we will be better next year with some of the talented kids coming out of the middle school along with our depth at some weights that are returning. The weight classes will take care of themselves. 

what is it people say about alabama football? they don’t rebuild, they reload

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

what is it people say about alabama football? they don’t rebuild, they reload

For sure. This could be the same for a lot of Tennessee wrestling if we grow this sport and keep growing our feeders. Once this occurs, and our duals, regionals and state tourneys are at a higher level we can even compete at a higher level on the national stage

• Like 1