Who will be new coach at Shelbyville??

District12AA

20 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Always been curious about these searches.  Does schools reach out to coaches or do they choose from someone that applies

Probably depends on how aggressive the administration is, and what kind of plan they have. I guess you can see who all applies and go from there. If I was in charge, I would do that but I'd always have a list of interesting prospects that I'd like to check with. I guess some administrators follow what's going on in high school football closer than others, so having that constant list may or may not be important to certain people.

6 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Probably depends on how aggressive the administration is, and what kind of plan they have. I guess you can see who all applies and go from there. If I was in charge, I would do that but I'd always have a list of interesting prospects that I'd like to check with. I guess some administrators follow what's going on in high school football closer than others, so having that constant list may or may not be important to certain people.

A very successful athletic director in Texas said that he has 5 names on a list in his desk for every sport so that he never has to begin a coaching search from scratch.  I seriously doubt if any athletic director in Tennessee is that organized and committed to winning in every sport.  

9 hours ago, cbg said:

A very successful athletic director in Texas said that he has 5 names on a list in his desk for every sport so that he never has to begin a coaching search from scratch.  I seriously doubt if any athletic director in Tennessee is that organized and committed to winning in every sport.  

That's because in TN, an AD practically means nothing

Edited by MidTennFootball
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1