Who will be new coach at Shelbyville??

District12AA

Coach Puckett runs a tight ship & I can assure you those kids all can’t wait for the chance to play for him. In his 7 years as head coach, he has yet to have a losing season, ill save you a repeat of his stats, & just say that his record speaks for itself. These 12 graduating seniors can tell you everything you need to know about the culture, work ethic, dedication, & team chemistry. They will all tell you what it means to be a leader & to have a coach that pushes you beyond your own expectations & believes in you no matter what. Ask any of them. They will all tell you the same about their Coach. Oh and BTW 5 of those seniors have signed with college programs, 2 of which are D1. Academics is a first priority as is proven by a team GPA of more than 3.5

You most certainly don’t have to take my word, but numbers don’t lie. He is a genuinely good man & everything he does is for the kids, not for the pay. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Was LC successful before he got there?

TSSAA.COM

Lake County Falcons 

Championship Record: 51-33
Appearances (36): 2019, 2018, 2017, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1994, 1993, 1992, 1991, 1989, 1988, 1986, 1985, 1984, 1983, 1980, 1979, 1978, 1977, 1972, 1969
Finals Appearances/Runners-up (6): 2019, 1994, 1985, 1980, 1979, 1977
Championships (3): 2019, 1985, 1980

5 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

I am thinking it's winding down soon, however there is obviously no big rush at this point I guess. With everything shut down in about every way possible, they are probably not needing to rush whatsoever. I hope we do hear something fairly soon though.

8 Weeks Later.....

"We are proud to announce that the Shelbyville Golden Eagles have hired Patches O'Houlihan as their next football coach."

I've had Coaches contact me about this job.   Number one question is "why haven't they ever had success there"...   (and by success, they mean getting to a semi-final or title game.)

I didn't really have a good answer for them.   Support hasn't always been that great, however over the last couple of years it has improved.    Region is typically pretty balanced and in the past few years, Region 5 hasn't matched up well with region 6 (last year being the exception).   I also mentioned there are 3 public schools in Bedford County, so the talent is split somewhat.   I didn't really have a solid answer.  

23 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I've had Coaches contact me about this job.   Number one question is "why haven't they ever had success there"...   (and by success, they mean getting to a semi-final or title game.)

I didn't really have a good answer for them.   Support hasn't always been that great, however over the last couple of years it has improved.    Region is typically pretty balanced and in the past few years, Region 5 hasn't matched up well with region 6 (last year being the exception).   I also mentioned there are 3 public schools in Bedford County, so the talent is split somewhat.   I didn't really have a solid answer.  

I would say first and most important, it is extremely hard to get to the semifinals and finals in the upper classifications regardless. Take a look at all the teams in 5A, for instance, that have never made it that far. It's a lot of teams! Secondly, the program has been much improved over the last decade and much more consistent. There have always been really good athletes in that area, but consistency with the offseason program and getting all those athletes out for football has been a tough task. The new facility has helped with that in a big way! Lastly, success is relative and making the playoffs along with winning games in the playoffs is plenty good for most all schools in my opinion. It's mainly the powerhouse and tradition-rich football schools in this state that are disappointed by not getting to the semifinals or finals. If a random team can make it on a random occasion, then that's a bonus! Just my take. The program currently is in as good of shape as I've seen.

37 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

I would say first and most important, it is extremely hard to get to the semifinals and finals in the upper classifications regardless. Take a look at all the teams in 5A, for instance, that have never made it that far. It's a lot of teams! Secondly, the program has been much improved over the last decade and much more consistent. There have always been really good athletes in that area, but consistency with the offseason program and getting all those athletes out for football has been a tough task. The new facility has helped with that in a big way! Lastly, success is relative and making the playoffs along with winning games in the playoffs is plenty good for most all schools in my opinion. It's mainly the powerhouse and tradition-rich football schools in this state that are disappointed by not getting to the semifinals or finals. If a random team can make it on a random occasion, then that's a bonus! Just my take. The program currently is in as good of shape as I've seen.

I concur on your last point.   I've been to a ton of Shelbyville games in years past and saw empty home stands.   This past year, the fans were well represented in Shelbyville.