Who will be new coach at Shelbyville??

District12AA

1 hour ago, 422PT said:

No I am implying that it takes both talent and coaching to win in 5 and 6 A ball.... you must have both - some smaller A schools win with talent alone some with coaching - can’t get away with that at a big school - relax dude 

Just to get you officially on record, are you saying Puckett is not a good football coach??

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 10:17 AM, sportsguy22 said:

Cunningham, the QB, will be back as a junior and one of the main running backs is back along with most of the offensive line. The offense should be fine. Defensively, they lose most everybody.

The new coach has a son who is a qb and will be a junior also.And he shewd out in the state title game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

The new coach has a son who is a qb and will be a junior also.And he shewd out in the state title game

Shelbyvilles current QB could move to a RB position.  He didn't throw very well at all in my opinion.  We will see about the coaches son.  Athletes usually bigger, faster and more of them in 5A.  I do think Shelbyville is a good job!   Don't know enough about Pucket to crown him a great coach.  I will say good luck trying to tackle them Wade boys at Summit.  Promise he has not seen athletes like those 2.

8 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Shelbyvilles current QB could move to a RB position.  He didn't throw very well at all in my opinion.  We will see about the coaches son.  Athletes usually bigger, faster and more of them in 5A.  I do think Shelbyville is a good job!   Don't know enough about Pucket to crown him a great coach.  I will say good luck trying to tackle them Wade boys at Summit.  Promise he has not seen athletes like those 2.

Agree with most of what you said, however their current QB is not likely to be a RB at all. He throws it well, despite his odd arm angle...mostly accurate and throws the deep ball surprisingly well. He could possibly transition to a WR with his speed, but that’s about it. I expect him to remain QB, though, and for the coach’s son to play some RB and WR, and possibly some Wildcat at QB on occasion. Just my thoughts.

14 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Agree with most of what you said, however their current QB is not likely to be a RB at all. He throws it well, despite his odd arm angle...mostly accurate and throws the deep ball surprisingly well. He could possibly transition to a WR with his speed, but that’s about it. I expect him to remain QB, though, and for the coach’s son to play some RB and WR, and possibly some Wildcat at QB on occasion. Just my thoughts.

I agree.   Cade grew up a lot as the season progressed.   IF he takes care of the ball, I see no reason to move him.   Puckett kid will help them on defense as much as offense.   He's a solid athlete.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Just to get you officially on record, are you saying Puckett is not a good football coach??

heck no ..... not what I’m saying at all. But having experienced both small school and mid size school and big school ball there IS a difference. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 422PT said:

heck no ..... not what I’m saying at all. But having experienced both small school and mid size school and big school ball there IS a difference. 

I don’t think anyone would argue that it’s tougher in the upper classifications. Common sense. If he’s a good coach, he’ll do just fine though. Good coaches can coach no matter the level. That’s been proven time after time. He’ll also have many more bigtime athletes, too, and he knows it. That gets coaches excited in addition to the opportunity to prove himself as a good coach in a bigger classification.

• Like 1