Who will be new coach at Shelbyville??

District12AA

2 hours ago, 422PT said:

heck no ..... not what I’m saying at all. But having experienced both small school and mid size school and big school ball there IS a difference. 

There are plenty of smaller schools coaches who successfully made the big leap. Ask Oakland high school. One thing Ill for sure say about coach Puckett. LC definitely had talent but that was no accident he developed those boys in Tiptonville and got everything they had out of them. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FYB said:

"Officially On record" of an opinion based chat/bulletin board;). Got it. Lol

Yep...just wanted it explained exactly what he was meaning by his first post. In other words, he kind of bounced around and insinuated that he was not a good coach because he had so much talent at Lake County and got to play 1A ball. He then made it clear that, in fact, he did think he is a good coach, but would find it tougher in the upper classification. See the difference? A good coach is a good coach in my opinion, no matter the level. Of course it’s not gonna be easy, but good coaches usually figure it out. Just wanted to get him “on record” to state exactly what he meant without all the insinuating. 

9 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Building those connections aren't ya

Always!  I love meeting new coaches and I've always been received well by most.   I think they know our heart is in it for the right reasons.   I interviewed Coach Puckett twice last year and it made me feel good that he was comfortable enough to reach out and ask my opinion.   

I don't know about you, but I'm definitely ready for some football.   I talked to Lee this morning and we are considering pushing our spring show up a month just to get some football discussion going. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

If I’m not mistaken, SCHS is pushing towards 1,500 or more...heading onto that bubble I believe between 5A and 6A, pending the upcoming re-classification 

Boy you all are on that bubble.  Summit will most definitely move up with over 1600 kids.  Columbia should stay with 1300,  Lincoln I heard has around 1250, Page has just over 1100, and Nolensville will be moving up with close to 1300 kids.  Not sure about FC but my Raiders will be moving up at over 1200 kids as well.  Could be a very different region

1 hour ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Boy you all are on that bubble.  Summit will most definitely move up with over 1600 kids.  Columbia should stay with 1300,  Lincoln I heard has around 1250, Page has just over 1100, and Nolensville will be moving up with close to 1300 kids.  Not sure about FC but my Raiders will be moving up at over 1200 kids as well.  Could be a very different region

Agree completely...many changes coming in 2021 regardless. A significant shake-up in the 5A ranks for sure. Franklin County is around 1,300 I think and should stay. My best guess for 5-5A is FC, LC, Columbia, Spring Hill, Page, Nolensville, and Shelbyville (if they remain in 5A). So, maybe a 6 or 7 team region. If SCHS goes to 6A, who knows how that will play out? Summit likely would go to the Williamson County region along with Dickson County. SCHS would probably be lumped in with Coffee County and Warren County and whoever else. The TSSAA would have a big region shake-up all over the place, especially in the Rutherford County area.

Edited by sportsguy22

36 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Agree completely...many changes coming in 2021 regardless. A significant shake-up in the 5A ranks for sure. Franklin County is around 1,300 I think and should stay. My best guess for 5-5A is FC, LC, Columbia, Spring Hill, Page, Nolensville, and Shelbyville (if they remain in 5A). So, maybe a 6 or 7 team region. If SCHS goes to 6A, who knows how that will play out? Summit likely would go to the Williamson County region along with Dickson County. SCHS would probably be lumped in with Coffee County and Warren County and whoever else. The TSSAA would have a big region shake-up all over the place, especially in the Rutherford County area.

I agree.  Big shake ups coming in middle Tennessee.  Gallatin will most likely move up and Station Camp might move down.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Hasn’t tullahoma traditionally been in Shelbyvilles region??