Region 1 and 2 AAA (Districts 1,2,3,4)

Red Rebels

6 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I have that OR football hat and a matching black jacket to go with it. Then I have another dozen or so other hats in various Oak Ridge color schemes. The hat I wore to the 1991 State Championship game and the hat for winning that Championship are displayed in the Wildcat Den in my house. I also have a game worn Lady UTC Jennifer Wilson jersey. I have some Tee Higgins autograph pics but I doubt Tee really signed them :angry:

But I have to admit I don't hold a candle to SweetScience and Papa Bounder when it comes to dedication to the Wildcats.

Bold prediction...Coach Green comes up with a brilliant plan to limit Anderson's touches. Miller snaps out of a minor slump. Milloway proves why he will be a Mr. Basketball finalist next season. Johnson's leadership and basketball IQ shine. Stewart opens up the inside with his outside shooting. Preston and the bench players spill their guts out and Oak Ridge floats on air all the way back to the Ridge.

If Maryville does win and OR losses in the Sectional then go and win State Rebels.

Haha! Good luck with that bold prediction Willie. I do love the confidence though.

10 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

It was good seeing big Oak Ridge fan @SweetScience last night in Maryville. He is definitely a chip off the old block. Daddy Science is an as big or even bigger OR fan. Ole Sweets needs to get an "OR" logo hat for basketball. His hat had that old OR football logo on it. 

Shout out to @rebelwoman87 for the saved seats. 

You’re welcome Double R. I’ll be in the same place tonight. 

• Like 1

Guess I will be making the trip down to Murvil on Monday.  I know we played down in Greeneville to open the season, but I believe both teams are much different now than they were then.  The Rebels should win this one fairly comfortably I would imagine.  Hoping to meet some of you posters down there and say hello before the game.

Also, best place to eat?  Best route to take is off Strawberry Plains exit or off UT exit?

Thorough domination from start to finish for the Rebels. They came out of the gate swinging, and we never recovered. Hard to beat a team that shoots that well from 3 range. Y'all beat us in every facet of the game where it counts, plus you outhustled us. I was really disappointed at our kids in the 4th quarter. I don't wanna say they quit, but to me looked like they pretty much conceded the game sometime in the 4th early on. Best of luck to the Rebels against DB, but I don't think y'all will have much problem. Aaron Green said on the radio that to him, this is the best squad Eldridge has had @ Maryville, including the state team in 2007.  Maybe, maybe not won't win state, but more talented than the 2007 team overall, in his words.

I got really down listening to the game and did not hear any of the Fourth Quarter.

Great win by a great team Rebels. Best of luck next game and at State if you make it.

Now, Oak Ridge Wildcats time to go brain dead and forget about the Maryville game. Please, go to Science Hill to WIN and not to be doormats. You are very capable of beating the Toppers but it will take your best effort.

YOU ARE OAK RIDGE! LETS GO!! RWR!!!

38 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I got really down listening to the game and did not hear any of the Fourth Quarter.

Great win by a great team Rebels. Best of luck next game and at State if you make it.

Now, Oak Ridge Wildcats time to go brain dead and forget about the Maryville game. Please, go to Science Hill to WIN and not to be doormats. You are very capable of beating the Toppers but it will take your best effort.

YOU ARE OAK RIDGE! LETS GO!! RWR!!!

I know I am supposed to be a District 1 guy and pull for the District 1 teams, but I hope OR goes into the New Gym on Monday and annihilates those Toppers.  Lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Guess I will be making the trip down to Murvil on Monday.  I know we played down in Greeneville to open the season, but I believe both teams are much different now than they were then.  The Rebels should win this one fairly comfortably I would imagine.  Hoping to meet some of you posters down there and say hello before the game.

Also, best place to eat?  Best route to take is off Strawberry Plains exit or off UT exit?

Aubrey’s is a really good place to eat. It’s close to the high school. Full Service BBQ is really good on Washington Ave. Outside eating is all that’s available, so I hope it’s warm. Either exit is about the same or you can drive thru Knoxville on 40 and take the 140 all the way into Alcoa. WARNING: 129 is down to 40 MPH and I’ve seen people getting tickets every time I’ve traveled past the airport since the speed limit has been lowered. Save travels. I’d be happy to meet you. I sit behind the Rebels bench.  I’ll be there early.  

• Thanks 1