Region 1 and 2 AAA (Districts 1,2,3,4)

Red Rebels

7 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Getting ready to head toward Maryville in about 15 minutes.  Want to beat the rush hour traffic and try to be at the school by 5:30 after eating at a (hopefully) good local establishment in the area.

I'll be wearing my D-B hat and CM Punk wrestling T-shirt.  Hope it's a good game with no injuries.  

Great to meet you today. Tough game. Safe travels home buddy. 

• Thanks 1

Great HS tournament game tonight. Very impressed with D-B’s performance. Led for the majority of the game and were still in it until Davis made two free throws to extend lead to 4 with less than 20 seconds left. IMO, D-B just wore down at the end against a much older and more physical team after Releford fouled out with about 2 minutes left. Poore is a very good coach and D-B basketball is definitely on the rise again, IMO.

In the end , MHS had to dig very deep to get the W tonight. Crowd got into it in the 4th quarter and made this a real home court advantage. Winning and advancing is all that matters at this point in the season. Congrats to MHS for making the state tourney and congrats to Coach Eldridge for making the state tourney for the 4th time since he has been at Maryville.

56 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Impressive win on the road for the Wildcats against a really good team. Great game to our guys. They impressed me. Led the whole game pretty much and dominated in the 2nd half. Green must have lit a fire in practice the past few days.

Green is such a good coach.They looked like the Oak Ridge we have got use to under Green.I didn't get to hear his post game but I was told he thought he messed up going with different style of play last game and went back to normal.Sc.Hill is a really good team and Cats dominated the whole 2nd half.We have been to State a lot under Green but this is one is special with just 1 SR and a team that gets the most out of what they have.RWR

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Great to meet you today. Tough game. Safe travels home buddy. 

You too.  Thanks for your hospitality.  I got a little agitated with the student section though and commented about it on Twitter.  Needless to say, they don't like me very much on Twitter now.    :roflol:But, I absolutely love your team and players and the adult fans I spoke with were all very welcoming and nice.

Wish you all the best in the 'Boro.

Also, tickled to death that Oak Ridge took down Science Hill as well.

• Like 1