Region 1 and 2 AAA (Districts 1,2,3,4)

Red Rebels

38 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

You too.  Thanks for your hospitality.  I got a little agitated with the student section though and commented about it on Twitter.  Needless to say, they don't like me very much on Twitter now.    :roflol:But, I absolutely love your team and players and the adult fans I spoke with were all very welcoming and nice.

Wish you all the best in the 'Boro.

Also, tickled to death that Oak Ridge took down Science Hill as well.

Come to a Maryville/Alcoa game or even a Maryville/WB game. They were pretty tame tonight. Bearden brings it when they show up too. Maybe you just hear better in our tiny gym since you are used to the big ole BVH Dome. :thumb:

6 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Come to a Maryville/Alcoa game or even a Maryville/WB game. They were pretty tame tonight. Bearden brings it when they show up too. Maybe you just hear better in our tiny gym since you are used to the big ole BVH Dome. :thumb:

:lol: Well, I could hear the megaphone guy pretty well every time he told me to sit down and shut up.

DB had a very young team this year. I didn't really expect them to advance this far in the tournament. Maybe you could say they over achieved. I can't remember them ever having two freshman on a varsity team, especially getting the playing time they got. This group is going to be around for another two years and beyond. I was hoping they'd make it to the state just for the experience of it. But I like Maryville too so that's who I'll be pulling for.

2 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

:lol: Well, I could hear the megaphone guy pretty well every time he told me to sit down and shut up.

Lol they were actually tame last night. We had a opening baseball game and track meet. I think the sit down shut up was aimed for the bench. Don’t go to a Bearden game if you think our student section was bad. A person needs therapy after that lol 

59 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Lol they were actually tame last night. We had a opening baseball game and track meet. I think the sit down shut up was aimed for the bench. Don’t go to a Bearden game if you think our student section was bad. A person needs therapy after that lol 

The Bearden game last year wasn't too bad.  Lol.  Second year in a row, we've had the huge upset on the road in sight but didn't finish.

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

DB had a very young team this year. I didn't really expect them to advance this far in the tournament. Maybe you could say they over achieved. I can't remember them ever having two freshman on a varsity team, especially getting the playing time they got. This group is going to be around for another two years and beyond. I was hoping they'd make it to the state just for the experience of it. But I like Maryville too so that's who I'll be pulling for.

Yeah, I told @rebelwoman87 last night before the game that this probably wasn't our year.  Have to hand it to coach Poore though, he finds ways to win ballgames more times than not.  Last year against Bearden, he utilized the stall ball strategy.  Boring game to watch, sure!  But the strategy worked to near perfection, got the lead early and held it until the final three minutes before Bearden started pressing and we couldn't handle it.  Truth be told, we probably should have been done against Morristown East in the opening round of region, but Poore managed to utilize his guys to keep Ilic out of the paint and against Sevier County, letting Zhao (sp?) get his points but limiting everyone else.

The next 2-3 years should be fun as long as we don't lose anyone to Christ School.  Lol.

Man oh man, I loved to mix it up when I was a young punk high school kid. The number of opposing fans that I got under their skin was vast. It was all in fun, though.

As an adult the worst young fan I had to deal with was a MHS dude who after upsetting OR in a Reg. Tournament game shouted in my Dad's face to " F word Oak Ridge. " In a flash, I had the kid pinned down on the trunk of my car, fist ready to pound on him but my Dad grabbed me and told me to let him go.

I carried around a lot of hate for Maryville fans until I got to know you all on CoachT. Now, if I wasn't an OR fan I would be a Rebel fan.

DB however, I still hate. Dated a DB girl 2 years at UTK until she dumped me and went to Dayton Law School. I'm kidding, I don't hate DB. I ended up marrying a wonderful Chattanooga lady and lived happy ever after. WOO HOO! 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Man oh man, I loved to mix it up when I was a young punk high school kid. The number of opposing fans that I got under their skin was vast. It was all in fun, though.

As an adult the worst young fan I had to deal with was a MHS dude who after upsetting OR in a Reg. Tournament game shouted in my Dad's face to " F word Oak Ridge. " In a flash, I had the kid pinned down on the trunk of my car, fist ready to pound on him but my Dad grabbed me and told me to let him go.

I carried around a lot of hate for Maryville fans until I got to know you all on CoachT. Now, if I wasn't an OR fan I would be a Rebel fan.

DB however, I still hate. Dated a DB girl 2 years at UTK until she dumped me and went to Dayton Law School. I'm kidding, I don't hate DB. I ended up marrying a wonderful Chattanooga lady and lived happy ever after. WOO HOO! 

Ok Willie, now tell us the real story. That Maryville guy kicked your a&$, didn’t he? Just messing with ya. 

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

That's some funny stuff right there Willie.  :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Ok Willie, now tell us the real story. That Maryville guy kicked your a&$, didn’t he? Just messing with ya. 

That was funny SS, but  no really. I was gonna sweet science the kid. You didn't mess with my dad...I loved the man, RIP.

His favorite Wildcat was a RB from the 1950s named Dave Griffith . He also liked Summers but who didn't? Well, Knox. Central and Gallatin probably does not like Shawn # 40 still.

29 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

That was funny SS, but  no really. I was gonna sweet science the kid. You didn't mess with my dad...I loved the man, RIP.

His favorite Wildcat was a RB from the 1950s named Dave Griffith . He also liked Summers but who didn't? Well, Knox. Central and Gallatin probably does not like Shawn # 40 still.

I don’t blame ya buddy. I wouldn’t like anybody messing with my “ole man” either. Speaking of my ole man, his dad (My grandfather whom I never met BTW) told my dad when he was younger that Griffith ran a 10 flat 100 on a cinder track. Back then tracks weren’t like they are now of course. And Dave was a good 200+ lbs. That dude could scoot in other words. Still holds the all  time single season record in terms of yardage gained, I believe.

Edited by SweetScience