Huge showing for TN at National Prep

durdon

TN finished with 4 top four placers at National Prep today. 

1st Cooper Flynn 120p Mcdonogh 

2nd Cody Chittum 138p Blair 

3rd Keveyon Roller 113p Lakeway Christian 

4th Braden Ivy 120p Lakeway Christian 

Pretty amazing showing for TN. Just imagine if TSSAA hadn’t screwed up the schedule this year and all the Preps had been able to go how impressive our results could have been. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, durdon said:

Pretty amazing showing for TN. Just imagine if TSSAA hadn’t screwed up the schedule this year and all the Preps had been able to go how impressive our results could have been. 

That’s amazing!!! Let’s keep this momentum going with not just our peeps, but all of our wrestling student athletes! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, durdon said:

Impressive results....Durdon, did any additional wrestlers from TN participate outside these four?

11 hours ago, TrustMe said:

Yup- hopefully next year TSSAA can look at a calendar.

The TSSAA could care less about D2 wrestling and the National Preps.  In fact they probably would rather the D2 programs not attend the National Preps.  The TSSAA is never proactive with anything but reactive with everything that they do.

2 minutes ago, cbg said:

The TSSAA could care less about D2 wrestling and the National Preps.  In fact they probably would rather the D2 programs not attend the National Preps.  The TSSAA is never proactive with anything but reactive with everything that they do.

Rather than bashing the TSSAA on what we think they are thinking, let’s approach the TSSAA with why Prep Nationals is good for these schools and how it helps the state of Tennessee and even get kids from other states into our prep schools. Why can’t this also be brought up in the coaches meeting state-wide? If the public school coaches take interest in this as well, this might make more of an impact? 

• Like 1

Just now, GoTNwrestling said:

Rather than bashing the TSSAA on what we think they are thinking, let’s approach the TSSAA with why Prep Nationals is good for these schools and how it helps the state of Tennessee and even get kids from other states into our prep schools. Why can’t this also be brought up in the coaches meeting state-wide? If the public school coaches take interest in this as well, this might make more of an impact? 

The calendar mistake by TSSAA wasn’t intentional this year.  It was simply an over-site.  National Preps is one of the  Top 5 HS tournament and getting TN kids exposure  at this event is something I am sure that the TSSAA knows is a good thing even if it’s only a select few of our TN kids that are eligible to go. 

2 minutes ago, durdon said:

The calendar mistake by TSSAA wasn’t intentional this year.  It was simply an over-site.  National Preps is one of the  Top 5 HS tournament and getting TN kids exposure  at this event is something I am sure that the TSSAA knows is a good thing even if it’s only a select few of our TN kids that are eligible to go. 

So then we should take steps to ensure this over-site doesn’t happen again along with the TSSAA? If we all work together we can get so much more accomplished. 

2 hours ago, GoTNwrestling said:

So then we should take steps to ensure this over-site doesn’t happen again along with the TSSAA? If we all work together we can get so much more accomplished. 

You deal with those fools (TSSAA) on Lebanon Road in Hermitage.  I have said it once and I will say it forever, you don't need former educators operating a multi million dollar business.  They simply are not trained to run a business much like most entrepreneurs are not trained to be teachers.  The problem that I have with the TSSAA is that past behavior in a good indication of future behavior.  The D2 schools in Tennessee should not walk but run away from the TSSAA much like the prep schools in other states did many years ago.  The only thing the TSSAA cares about is the money the D2 schools pay into the organization.  You can go to several other state tournaments and watch a first class event but when you go to the Cow Palace you see just how cheap and second rate the TSSAA is in its present form.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, cbg said:

You deal with those fools (TSSAA) on Lebanon Road in Hermitage.  I have said it once and I will say it forever, you don't need former educators operating a multi million dollar business.  They simply are not trained to run a business much like most entrepreneurs are not trained to be teachers.  The problem that I have with the TSSAA is that past behavior in a good indication of future behavior.  The D2 schools in Tennessee should not walk but run away from the TSSAA much like the prep schools in other states did many years ago.  The only thing the TSSAA cares about is the money the D2 schools pay into the organization.  You can go to several other state tournaments and watch a first class event but when you go to the Cow Palace you see just how cheap and second rate the TSSAA is in its present form.  

This is kind of funny you suggest D2 run away from TSSAA but then make statements as to D2 should be joined with D1 and small schools and that recruiting does not matter when it comes to individual sports.. so if 6 private schools in TN happen to recruit 6 of the top wrestlers in the country the tournament would end up being practice for them. 
For example when you look at the rankings of the top 6 it will show the outcome of the 1 kid wrestling the 4 kid and the 1 kid pins him every time but the number 4 can tech the number 5 kid and the 5 kid can Major the 6 kid. I’d agree on joining small school with big school like it has been in the past but not private and big school and small school combined. 

8 hours ago, cougars130 said:

This is kind of funny you suggest D2 run away from TSSAA but then make statements as to D2 should be joined with D1 and small schools and that recruiting does not matter when it comes to individual sports.. so if 6 private schools in TN happen to recruit 6 of the top wrestlers in the country the tournament would end up being practice for them. 
For example when you look at the rankings of the top 6 it will show the outcome of the 1 kid wrestling the 4 kid and the 1 kid pins him every time but the number 4 can tech the number 5 kid and the 5 kid can Major the 6 kid. I’d agree on joining small school with big school like it has been in the past but not private and big school and small school combined. 

1.  I firmly believe that it would help ALL the schools if Tennessee had a combined state championship for ALL INDIVIDUAL SPORTS not just wrestling.  Recruiting has absolutely nothing to do with individual sports and I would go so as far as not even crowning a team state champion for individual sports.  I fully understand that this will never happen but again it would make everyone work harder and compete at a higher level.

2.  The reason that I feel the D2 schools should leave the TSSAA is because I am not convinced the TSSAA wants the D2 school in the association.  If someone will take your money but does not appreciate you (what has the TSSAA ever done to really help D2 schools) you should sever that relationship and move on.  At this moment in time the TSSAA is a second rate organization and things are not getting better.  Go out and visit other states and see how much better their state championships are than those in Tennessee.