TCA and Tipton Rosemark Championship game

ReitzFan

TCA wins 60 to 52 over Tipton Rosemark. TCA with a 13 to 1 run to finish the game.

Standing room only crowd who got more than their monies worth!

I would not be at all surprised to see these two teams meet one more time in Nashville with a big gold ball on the line.

Edited by ReitzFan

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Intense said:

Those two teams could play for state championship on March 7th.  I wouldn’t  count USJ out either.  I think 3 best teams in A are from West!

I don’t know. Goodpasture was tough this summer. Now I think they lost a player. I agree that TCA is the most talented team in the state more than likely, but I don’t know about the other two.

Here is what I do not understand about the division two girls bracket. As an example, if all three number one seeds win on Friday, and Tipton Rosemark wins Tuesday and Friday, TCA and Tipton Rosemark would play in the state semifinals. I simply don't understand how that can be. Logic dictates that they should be in opposite brackets. Of course this entire point is moot should any of the number one seeds fall on Friday. If that happens, the final four will be redrawn.to me it is clear that TCA and Tipton Rosemark are two of the top teams. They should be bracketed opposite of each other since they come from the same district and region.

For the most part I like the way the playoff tournament is run in Division 2. Sadly, the championship brackets are whacked. I understand that part of the reason has to do with cutting it down some of the cross state travel. However, correct matchups are most important. Just my opinion.

5 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Here is what I do not understand about the division two girls bracket. As an example, if all three number one seeds win on Friday, and Tipton Rosemark wins Tuesday and Friday, TCA and Tipton Rosemark would play in the state semifinals. I simply don't understand how that can be. Logic dictates that they should be in opposite brackets. Of course this entire point is moot should any of the number one seeds fall on Friday. If that happens, the final four will be redrawn.to me it is clear that TCA and Tipton Rosemark are two of the top teams. They should be bracketed opposite of each other since they come from the same district and region.

For the most part I like the way the playoff tournament is run in Division 2. Sadly, the championship brackets are whacked. I understand that part of the reason has to do with cutting it down some of the cross state travel. However, correct matchups are most important. Just my opinion.

Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me that the final eight or so play each other to get to the final eight or four and then play again in the state. Public puts teams in same region and district in different brackets. 

45 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me that the final eight or so play each other to get to the final eight or four and then play again in the state. Public puts teams in same region and district in different brackets. 

One way that the private school bracket is far superior to the public school bracket is that the way it is seeded. What does not make sense to you actually makes perfect sense. The division two bracket is set up so that there is a possibility that multiple teams from the same region could make it to the final four. If the four best teams in the state are actually from the same region, in theory they will have a chance to be the final four left in the state. You are obviously not going to get that to happen the way the public school tournament is lined up. My only gripe is where they have some of the seeds bracketed. In other words, teams who finish one and two should be set in opposite brackets not in the same bracket. I believe that most of the reason that the bracket is set up the way that it is in D2 is because of travel. I get that and understand it, but in the end the proper seated matchups are what is most important.

Edited by ReitzFan

40 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

One way that the private school bracket is far superior to the public school bracket is that the way it is seeded. What does not make sense to you actually makes perfect sense. The division two bracket is set up so that there is a possibility that multiple teams from the same region could make it to the final four. If the four best teams in the state are actually from the same region, in theory they will have a chance to be the final four left in the state. You are obviously not going to get that to happen the way the public school tournament is lined up. My only gripe is where they have some of the seeds bracketed. In other words, teams who finish one and two should be set in opposite brackets not in the same bracket. I believe that most of the reason that the bracket is set up the way that it is in D2 is because of travel. I get that and understand it, but in the end the proper seated matchups are what is most important.

How do you know who the best teams in the state are without playing each other? Carrol Academy, Goodpasture, CPA, The King’s Academy are not pushovers. Goodpasture I know isn’t. They seed them based on rankings and someone’s opinion for the most part I bet.

19 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

How do you know who the best teams in the state are without playing each other? Carrol Academy, Goodpasture, CPA, The King’s Academy are not pushovers. Goodpasture I know isn’t. They seed them based on rankings and someone’s opinion for the most part I bet.

I am absolutely not saying that any of teams you mentioned are pushovers. The bracket is also set up so it could be multiple teams from any region make the final four. Ultimately that is what you want the best possible final four field. If two or three of them happen to be from the same region, so be it. No disrespect meant nor intended to any team still playing basketball at this time of the year.

Edited by ReitzFan

2 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Here is a question. It was brought to my attention that Harding lost to USJ and is the 4th seed. So how does USJ go on the road and Harding gets a home game?  Is this correct or is it something different. 

That is correct Big Ed. There is no logical reason for it unless you're talking travel. I believe USA would have gone to the east end of the state and that is why that game has been set at a neutral site location. For the life of me I cannot understand why they get to host a higher-seeded team from Nashville. then the winner of that game will go to TKA. Should USJ play two games they will have to make two trips, Harding a lower seed will only have to make one trip.

7 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

That is correct Big Ed. There is no logical reason for it unless you're talking travel. I believe USA would have gone to the east end of the state and that is why that game has been set at a neutral site location. For the life of me I cannot understand why they get to host a higher-seeded team from Nashville. then the winner of that game will go to TKA. Should USJ play two games they will have to make two trips, Harding a lower seed will only have to make one trip.

Then USJ should have thrown the game and lost. CRAZY!!!!!