3    Blackman     156.0
4    Bradley Central     148.0
5    Dobyns Bennett     124.5
6    Science Hill     115.5
7    Clarksville     90.5
8    Rossview     90.0
9    Brentwood     87.0
9    Oakland     87.0

I can't wait to hear from DaBears1976 all about how the road to state runs through Bradley County, how many times out of 10 that Bradley would win, how much everybody else sucks and all that other jive.  Maybe next time, you will resist the urge to jump on your keyboard and try to make your program look good by running someone else's down.

On 2/9/2020 at 4:21 PM, DaBears1976 said:

Blackman was the most overated from what everyone was saying about them. Would be in the finals if they was on the other side of the  bracket. Got spanked by Cleveland and Bradley. Wasn't even close. Bradley is better than what most thinks or what they showed against Wilson. Believe Bradley wins 2 out of 3 against Wilson. Independence showed a good team. 

In all seriousness, congrats to Coach Smith and his six Bradley State medalists.  Bradley is always tough, and probably always will be.   I am gonna bask in the glory of 3rd place for a while longer now thanks.

1 hour ago, fooseball95 said:

I believe Clarksville is very underrated. Not sure why they weren’t somewhere in the top 10 or maybe just peaking at the right time. My overrated team is Science Hill, coming into this season, they were the team that seemed like everyone was talking about.

Clarksville did very well. Science Hill seemed to be overrated, but it looks like things just did not go there way. For some reason, they did not bring all 14 kids to regionals, which always hurts, but as we all know, sometimes it is the draw. They also had two kids everyone thought, or at least I thought had a shot, who would be in the finals. I picked one of those two kids to win it. That is roughly 12 team points which puts them at 5. Not sure how overrated is being 5th, or even 6th for that matter in the state. My underrated regions are regions 2 and 8. Halls, Collerville, Bartlett, Anderson County and Arlington did very well as we usually mention those two regions being very weak (outside Arlington). Props to them for showing out this week. We can only hope those two regions and Region 1, with their newfound success, can keep this up. This will make the state as a whole better.  Dobyns-Bennett showed out this week. I thought they had a chance to be top 5, but I thought some things would have to go their way. Even one of their kids who we thought would place or be in the finals didn’t! They also had two kids who were scratches on the first day which hurts. I was very impressed with them and they bring everyone back, barring transfers and injuries, but one, who had a losing record after the season. They might be a force next year, if everything goes their way. 

Edited by GoTNwrestling

32 minutes ago, GoTNwrestling said:

Clarksville did very well. Science Hill seemed to be overrated, but it looks like things just did not go there way. For some reason, they did not bring all 14 kids to regionals, which always hurts, but as we all know, sometimes it is the draw. They also had two kids everyone thought, or at least I thought had a shot, who would be in the finals. I picked one of those two kids to win it. That is roughly 12 team points which puts them at 5. Not sure how overrated is being 5th, or even 6th for that matter in the state. My underrated regions are regions 2 and 8. Halls, Collerville, Bartlett, Anderson County and Arlington did very well as we usually mention those two regions being very weak (outside Arlington). Props to them for showing out this week. We can only hope those two regions and Region 1, with their newfound success, can keep this up. This will make the state as a whole better.  Dobyns-Bennett showed out this week. I thought they had a chance to be top 5, but I thought some things would have to go their way. Even one of their kids who we thought would place or be in the finals didn’t! They also had two kids who were scratches on the first day which hurts. I was very impressed with them and they bring everyone back, barring transfers and injuries, but one, who had a losing record after the season. They might be a force next year, if everything goes their way. 

By overrated I mean not even winning their region and not even finishing in the top 5. Pre season they were ranked #2 at one point. It could have just been hype but that’s all us Cleveland folk heard. Not taking anything away from them because they were still a tough team. But I think they underachieved more than anyone.

2 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

I believe Clarksville is very underrated. Not sure why they weren’t somewhere in the top 10 or maybe just peaking at the right time. My overrated team is Science Hill, coming into this season, they were the team that seemed like everyone was talking about.

Until Science Hill becomes "road warriors" and decides to travel most every weekend for the best competition they will struggle when the bright lights come on at the state tournament.  I understand it is difficult due to geography but they should probably look for tournaments in Ohio, West Virginia, Northern Virginia or even the very tough Father Ryan Inv in Nashville.  The road to the top is not easy and staying on top is even more difficult.  

1 minute ago, cbg said:

Until Science Hill becomes "road warriors" and decides to travel most every weekend for the best competition they will struggle when the bright lights come on at the state tournament.  I understand it is difficult due to geography but they should probably look for tournaments in Ohio, West Virginia, Northern Virginia or even the very tough Father Ryan Inv in Nashville.  The road to the top is not easy and staying on top is even more difficult.  

I agree but even coming down to the Cleveland duals, Mccallies tough tournament, Father Ryan etc, there’s a lot of Instate competition that they could attend. Kingsport DB attended the Cleveland duals this year and i feel that helped them a lot also. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

I agree but even coming down to the Cleveland duals, Mccallies tough tournament, Father Ryan etc, there’s a lot of Instate competition that they could attend. Kingsport DB attended the Cleveland duals this year and i feel that helped them a lot also. 

Yes DB did, but they also went to tourneys that helped their kids as well and not go 1-4 or 0-5. Some teams are not equipped to take a beating every weekend or even some weekends as these are kids. The coach who coaches that team has to make those decisions to best prepare their team for the end of the season and manage his/her kids accordingly. Every make up of a team is different and that’s the responsibility of the coach to determine what’s best for them and how to prepare the elite ones for states but also the newbies to prepare to try to even qualify for states. There is a fine line, and I’m not sure one size fits all here. I believe Science Hill’s tourney is very tough and they did pretty well. They also wrestled Bradley in a dual as well. Not defending any team or coach here, but it’s a balancing act you have to decide as the coach. It would be easy if ALL kids on the team are in the same boat talent and technical wise, but they never are. 

24 minutes ago, GoTNwrestling said:

Yes DB did, but they also went to tourneys that helped their kids as well and not go 1-4 or 0-5. Some teams are not equipped to take a beating every weekend or even some weekends as these are kids. The coach who coaches that team has to make those decisions to best prepare their team for the end of the season and manage his/her kids accordingly. Every make up of a team is different and that’s the responsibility of the coach to determine what’s best for them and how to prepare the elite ones for states but also the newbies to prepare to try to even qualify for states. There is a fine line, and I’m not sure one size fits all here. I believe Science Hill’s tourney is very tough and they did pretty well. They also wrestled Bradley in a dual as well. Not defending any team or coach here, but it’s a balancing act you have to decide as the coach. It would be easy if ALL kids on the team are in the same boat talent and technical wise, but they never are. 

So you’re saying the coaches at Science Hill are limiting their competition because they have kids that aren’t tough enough? Doesn’t this sell your kids short on getting better?

Edited by fooseball95

8 hours ago, mat73557 said:

Well well well....

AAA Team Scores:

1    Cleveland     247.0
2    Wilson Central     188.0
3    Blackman     156.0
8    Rossview     90.0
9    Brentwood     87.0
9    Oakland     87.0

I can't wait to hear from DaBears1976 all about how the road to state runs through Bradley County, how many times out of 10 that Bradley would win, how much everybody else sucks and all that other jive.  Maybe next time, you will resist the urge to jump on your keyboard and try to make your program look good by running someone else's down.

Blackman was the most overated from what everyone was saying about them. Would be in the finals if they was on the other side of the  bracket. Got spanked by Cleveland and Bradley. Wasn't even close. Bradley is better than what most thinks or what they showed against Wilson. Believe Bradley wins 2 out of 3 against Wilson. Independence showed a good team. 

In all seriousness, congrats to Coach Smith and his six Bradley State medalists.  Bradley is always tough, and probably always will be.   I am gonna bask in the glory of 3rd place for a while longer now thanks.

Great Post! I was wondering the same thing about DaBear missing in action lately.  Congrats to Blackman!  

10 hours ago, mat73557 said:

Well well well....

AAA Team Scores:

1    Cleveland     247.0
2    Wilson Central     188.0
3    Blackman     156.0
8    Rossview     90.0
9    Brentwood     87.0
9    Oakland     87.0

Well technically Da Bears 1976 is correct. Cleveland is in Bradley County, so the road to state does run through Bradley County. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

So you’re saying the coaches at Science Hill are limiting their competition because they have kids that aren’t tough enough? Doesn’t this sell your kids short on getting better?

Absolutely not. I am not apart of any program at this time, but I’m saying why put your kids who can’t compete at that level to be on the mat for less than 2 min. in two matches and not have the self-confidence feel like they can compete and potentially quit? Like I said you go to some duals, some tough individual kids and some “easier” individuals where your elite wrestlers still get 1-2 good matches. Each coach is different and they went to a couple of tough tourneys. I bet, I am not a betting man, you look at almost every teams schedule, they do things very similar.   

1 minute ago, GoTNwrestling said:

Absolutely not. I am not apart of any program at this time, but I’m saying why put your kids who can’t compete at that level to be on the mat for less than 2 min. in two matches and not have the self-confidence feel like they can compete and potentially quit? Like I said you go to some duals, some tough individual kids and some “easier” individuals where your elite wrestlers still get 1-2 good matches. Each coach is different and they went to a couple of tough tourneys. I bet, I am not a betting man, you look at almost every teams schedule, they do things very similar.   

Lol So how are you supposed to get better and improve your program? What your saying is just running from competition. Coaches enter tournaments all the time knowing that they won’t win but they want to get better and get quality matches, so when they do get on the big stage they are prepared.