Region 3AAA Tourney 2020

FootballFan51

12 minutes ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

So if white loses where does rest of tourney move to rhea? And cookeville only did well early because of their 3 point shooting. Bradley adjusted their defense and stepped it up rest of game. We made allot of free throws down the stretch too and our post trio stepped it up and mayos defense was on a different level. Hatd to best the referees but st least they msde bad calls on both sides. Ehen brsdley finally got one their way cookeville coach acted like a baby and got s technicsl for it. I wouldve let barnes shoot those but i guess coach trusted walker more  . A bradley mcminn region final perhaps? Lol. Mcminn csn shoot the threes

Can't believe I'm hearing a Bradley fan complaining about the refs.  :roflol:
McMinn's had the talent all year, but coaching is average at best. If the Lady Cherokees pulled an upset tonight, I doubt they'd make it past round 2.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FootballFan51 said:

The two banked-in 3 pointers in the first quarter really helped with momentum (Giving confidence they could play with Bradley). Cookeville is a good team & played good defense & with good patience on offense. I can see how they won a lot of games with that shooting & they are pretty physical on defense. 

We have played that way all year.  We just didn’t make shots we needed.  We shot 3-11 from 3 the first half and led the entire half until Bradley scored at the buzzer to take the lead.  It was a really good game!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

So if white loses where does rest of tourney move to rhea? And cookeville only did well early because of their 3 point shooting. Bradley adjusted their defense and stepped it up rest of game. We made allot of free throws down the stretch too and our post trio stepped it up and mayos defense was on a different level. Hatd to best the referees but st least they msde bad calls on both sides. Ehen brsdley finally got one their way cookeville coach acted like a baby and got s technicsl for it. I wouldve let barnes shoot those but i guess coach trusted walker more  . A bradley mcminn region final perhaps? Lol. Mcminn csn shoot the threes

Seriously????   We shot 3-11 the first half and led the entire way homer.   You shot 28 FT and we shot 8 FT!!   The referees were bad like you said but they called 8 fouls on BC the entire game!!!  No wonder our coach got a T!  We were getting hosed by the zebras.   That annoys the crap out of me when you try to trash every team you play.  It was a 4pt game with 2 min left!   Show some respect.  That’s all I have to say about that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Seriously????   We shot 3-11 the first half and led the entire way homer.   You shot 28 FT and we shot 8 FT!!   The referees were bad like you said but they called 8 fouls on BC the entire game!!!  No wonder our coach got a T!  We were getting hosed by the zebras.   That annoys the crap out of me when you try to trash every team you play.  It was a 4pt game with 2 min left!   Show some respect.  That’s all I have to say about that.

That's the normal ratio of fouls when you play Bradley at their place, which is why I replied, "Can't believe I'm hearing a Bradley fan complaining about the refs. "  :roflol:

• Like 1

Funny thing is that the officials are from another area.  I’m not trashing them or Cookeville.  My take is that Cookeville didn’t get the ball inside much at all...thus negating those “paint” fouls.  When the ball went inside and contact was made the fouls were called.  On the other side Bradley worked the ball inside drawing fouls.  It wasn’t pretty but that’s how it goes sometimes.