Region 3AAA Tourney 2020

FootballFan51

3 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

Yes for sure. Bradley will be too much for them down low. Hampton will probably have to guard Walker... 

They have to guard Hampton too and they don’t have anyone that can do that without help.   Cameron will guard Walker.  But most likely will play some sort of zone.  Hampton will keep it close.  

7 minutes ago, StateChampDad said:

Funny thing is that the officials are from another area.  I’m not trashing them or Cookeville.  My take is that Cookeville didn’t get the ball inside much at all...thus negating those “paint” fouls.  When the ball went inside and contact was made the fouls were called.  On the other side Bradley worked the ball inside drawing fouls.  It wasn’t pretty but that’s how it goes sometimes.  

We definitely didn’t take the ball in enough but there were a lot of fouls that wasn’t called outside the paint.   While the foul count wasn’t in our favor,  I would say our shooting cost us the game.   We shot 6-24 from 3.   I only made the comment on the fouls because of the comment from previous poster complaining about fouls.   BC is a very good team.  I would say they are pretty equal to Stone.  Should be a good matchup in the finals.

1 hour ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

So if white loses where does rest of tourney move to rhea? And cookeville only did well early because of their 3 point shooting. Bradley adjusted their defense and stepped it up rest of game. We made allot of free throws down the stretch too and our post trio stepped it up and mayos defense was on a different level. Hatd to best the referees but st least they msde bad calls on both sides. Ehen brsdley finally got one their way cookeville coach acted like a baby and got s technicsl for it. I wouldve let barnes shoot those but i guess coach trusted walker more  . A bradley mcminn region final perhaps? Lol. Mcminn csn shoot the threes

The rest of the tourney would have still been at White County if we would've lost. Stone and Rhea won so that's why.

1 minute ago, 85warrior said:

I don't how White County escaped with a win tonight. We've played bad most of the year, but this was the worst game of the year. We were 2 for 27 from the field in the first half with ZERO three's. The game ended an hour ago and I'm still not sure how we won. Lol

I'll take it.

I was very surprised to see that score.  

27 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

They have to guard Hampton too and they don’t have anyone that can do that without help.   Cameron will guard Walker.  But most likely will play some sort of zone.  Hampton will keep it close.  

I was thinking Cameron would guard either of the other two tall, more traditional posts. You’re probably right though. 

1 hour ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

So if white loses where does rest of tourney move to rhea? And cookeville only did well early because of their 3 point shooting. Bradley adjusted their defense and stepped it up rest of game. We made allot of free throws down the stretch too and our post trio stepped it up and mayos defense was on a different level. Hatd to best the referees but st least they msde bad calls on both sides. Ehen brsdley finally got one their way cookeville coach acted like a baby and got s technicsl for it. I wouldve let barnes shoot those but i guess coach trusted walker more  . A bradley mcminn region final perhaps? Lol. Mcminn csn shoot the threes

With 2 minutes left in the game the fouls count was 10-2.  At that point Bradley had 4 fouls for the entire game.  Cookeville coach had every right to be mad.  

I had seen cookeville play a couple times and knew they would fire up the long shots. Hit the 2 banks in the first quarter for the mo!! They are a good team and they played hard. So proud of Camri mayo and Alexis Barnes for stepping up big time tonight. It was tournament basketball for sure. Refs were from a different area and had not been at Bradley! I realize that there were foul shot difference but part of that was the 10 shots made in the fourth due to intentional fouls. That happens in home courts like Bradley and Cookeville and white county! I feel They gave it all they had just couldn’t make the long ones at the end. Win and advance! See everyone Monday in Sparta!!