Region 7AA

sportslover88

17 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

The chester and dyerburg game i think could go either way. Dyersburg has great defense but struggle to score at times and Howard can not get in foul trouble. Chester has a good zone defense and 3 kids that can score on given nights, but they turn it over a lot. This is the only game i think that has a chance of the lower seed winning. JUST MY OPINION!

Newsome can ball out too, but I agree that Dyersburg isn't quite as versatile offensively. Can't let them get out in transition with their athleticism or they will burn you. CC can't afford to turn it over. 

Crockett is well coached and can hang around with the best of them, but I don't know if they can matchup with McNairy. Losing in the consolation game was a big loss for them. 

Regardless, we should see some fun matchups at the regional semifinals.

5 hours ago, Bobcats83 said:

Westview, Dyersburg, SS & McNairy will win 1st round

Westview over Ss

Dyersburg over McNairy

Dyersburg pulls off the upset over Westview

Dyersburg can’t not beat Westview! WV got some voodoo or some on Dyersburg & Crockett. They will have the better team sometimes and still lose by 10 or 16. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Dyersburg can’t not beat Westview! WV got some voodoo or some on Dyersburg & Crockett. They will have the better team sometimes and still lose by 10 or 16. 

That whole district is scared of the letters WESTVIEW. Alana Seals is related to me, she plays for South Gibson, i watched them play Obion, they played hard and looked like a pretty solid team. When they played Westview they looked like they walked up no a dead body. Then against Crockett, they looked lik the team that played vs Obion. You cant say WESTVIEW to any of those teams over there, they freak out.

Edited by RealisticFan45

1 hour ago, RealisticFan45 said:

That whole district i scared of the letters WESTVIEW. Alana Seals is related to me, she plays for South Gibson, i watched them play Obion, they played hard and looked like a pretty solid team. When they played Westview they looked like they walked up no a dead body. Then against Crockett, they looked lik the team that played vs Obion. You cant say WESTVIEW to any of those teams over there, they freak out.

Yea I know! Well I looked forward to playing them in the 2nd round! We look forward to the challenge on a neutral court! I seen WV lose to Gibson County and they are very beatable! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea I know! Well I looked forward to playing them in the 2nd round! We look forward to the challenge on a neutral court! I seen WV lose to Gibson County and they are very beatable! 

Gibson County caught them a little in disarray after losing Callins early. I think South Side’s pressure will give South Gibson fits tonight and set up another Westview battle. South Side is always dangerous. If there defense has there A game going they can give Westview a tough game.

• Like 1

Gibson caught Westview in their first game without Callins. Also, regardless of the players that Westview puts on the floor, the system still wins and remains consistent. You say they may not look like the Westview of years past in terms of overall talent, but they do have 4-5 college level players in the rotation whether it be D1, D2, NAIA, or JUCO players. Westview will be in the mix for a state championship year in and year out as long as Haskins is there. The system wins...

1 hour ago, RealisticFan45 said:

That whole district i scared of the letters WESTVIEW. Alana Seals is related to me, she plays for South Gibson, i watched them play Obion, they played hard and looked like a pretty solid team. When they played Westview they looked like they walked up no a dead body. Then against Crockett, they looked lik the team that played vs Obion. You cant say WESTVIEW to any of those teams over there, they freak out.

Watching Westview play in the championship game last week, there is an obvious difference between them and everyone else in the district, with the exception of Dyersburg. Ball movement and decision making happens a lot quicker for those two teams. South Gibson has the potential to get to that level, as we've seen flashes from them, but still a sizable gap. Dyersburg can knock off Westview, but it'll take the right night to do it.  

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Gibson County caught them a little in disarray after losing Callins early. I think South Side’s pressure will give South Gibson fits tonight and set up another Westview battle. South Side is always dangerous. If there defense has there A game going they can give Westview a tough game.

Callins or no Callins, which is a good player, Gibson Co won. Injuries are part of sports

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

Gibson caught Westview in their first game without Callins. Also, regardless of the players that Westview puts on the floor, the system still wins and remains consistent. You say they may not look like the Westview of years past in terms of overall talent, but they do have 4-5 college level players in the rotation whether it be D1, D2, NAIA, or JUCO players. Westview will be in the mix for a state championship year in and year out as long as Haskins is there. The system wins...

Again, Callins or no Callins, which is a good player. Gibson Co won. I didnt say anything about players that are put on the floor, i said they dont look as good as the past 6 years and its the same system. Yes, they do have some a few talented girls, college level players but hard work has beaten talent on many occassions. They are beatable. And Haskins does have a good system there. It is evident that everyone's view on talent and skill is not the same.

12 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Again, Callins or no Callins, which is a good player. Gibson Co won. I didnt say anything about players that are put on the floor, i said they dont look as good as the past 6 years and its the same system. Yes, they do have some a few talented girls, college level players but hard work has beaten talent on many occassions. They are beatable. And Haskins does have a good system there. It is evident that everyone's view on talent and skill is not the same.

Westview impressed me the way they have handled Dyersburg. South Side has come together as well and played well since losing Currie-Jelks. I do think Westview would be favored but South Side’s girls always play so hard they are never out of any game. Will be a great game for sure.