Summer Duals

foreman

Pigeon Forge Summer Duals

I.                 Date: May 28 – May 29, 2020 (Thurs./Fri)

Times:        Thursday ? TBA         Friday ? TBA?   (will notify starting times later) 

Entry Fee: $ 300.00 (make checks payable to “PF Wrestling”)

Format: 12-16 Teams / 6 mats (you may use other wrestlers from a different school to fill a weight class)

Contact: Darrell Lauderdale 865-755-7872 darrelllauderdale@sevier.org

Or Greg Foreman  865-256-4734 gregforeman@sevier.org

II.             Date: June 5-6, 2020  (Fri./Sat.)

Times:  Check in / Coaches meeting at 9:30 am / Wrestling at 10:30 am

Format: 12-16 Teams /6 mats (you may use other wrestlers from a different school to fill a weight class)

Contact: Robert Satterfield 865-679-5652 or robertsatterfield@sevier.org

III.         Date: June 19-20, 2020  (Fri./Sat.)

Times:  Check in / Coaches meeting at 9:30 am / Wrestling at 10:30 am

Format: 12-16 Teams / 6 mats (you may use other wrestlers from a different school to fill a weight class)

Contact: Robert Satterfield 865-679-5652 or robertsatterfield@sevier.org

414 Tiger Drive

Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

(Gym & Wrestling Bldg. – white metal bldg. beside football field)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PUMMELKING said:

Yuk soon as State is over Folk should be over. Get all wrestlers to enhance there skills and weapons.

Why are we bashing this tourney for kids to get mat time? We all get upset there isn’t enough people working with kids, and when coaches are trying to keep kids involved, we get upset it’s not the right style. If someone wants to create freestyle or greco tournaments and put it on here, feel free. It’s a public board and I will root for you to have a lot of interest, but if not, let the coaches help the kids however they so choose. I believe PF finished very high in duals and individual, but could be wrong 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, GoTNwrestling said:

Why are we bashing this tourney for kids to get mat time? We all get upset there isn’t enough people working with kids, and when coaches are trying to keep kids involved, we get upset it’s not the right style. If someone wants to create freestyle or greco tournaments and put it on here, feel free. It’s a public board and I will root for you to have a lot of interest, but if not, let the coaches help the kids however they so choose. I believe PF finished very high in duals and individual, but could be wrong 

There is a reason that some of the top NCAA D1 coaching staffs want all of the wrestlers that they are recruiting to participate at the USA Cadet/Junior Nationals.  Freestyle wrestling makes folkstyle wrestlers so much better.  It also helps prevent burnout because it is truly like competing in another sport due to the rules being different. Over the years I have found that 90+% of the time the main reason that high schools do not promote Freestyle & Greco Roman is that the coaches do not know anything about the international styles and do not want to take the time to learn.

Edited by cbg
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, cbg said:

There is a reason that some of the top NCAA D1 coaching staffs want all of the wrestlers that they are recruiting to participate at the USA Cadet/Junior Nationals.  Freestyle wrestling makes folkstyle wrestlers so much better.  It also helps prevent burnout because it is truly like competing in another sport due to the rules being different. Over the years I have found that 90+% of the time the main reason that high schools do not promote Freestyle & Greco Roman is that the coaches do not know anything about the international styles and do not want to take the time to learn.

Pigeon Forge competes in Tennessee’s Freestlye & Greco state tournament every summer I believe. I’d assume that means they’re teaching at least some.

23 hours ago, GoTNwrestling said:

No one bashed it.  Just stated that Folkstyle should be Illegal after the State Tourny.   Have kids open up to a different type of Wrestling.  Makes it much more fun and is exciting especially compared to Folkstyle.