Region 7 A

pioneer42

12 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

Will be my first time to get to see Greenfield play Tuesday night. Their reputation precedes them, so I'm expecting quite the show. GC at home will be a rocking atmosphere. Should be a fun night!

Will be a final opportunity for both teams to prove themselves before heading to the Boro.

We are blessed to be playing in it for sure. We are going to fight and battle. 

Gonna be a tough uphill battle, but I will say this. If GC takes care of the ball (no more than 15 turnovers), Rebounds well (+10 or more would be good), takes good shots, and has a strong physical presence on Chloe and Tess anything's possible. One thing I've learned it that you can't count anyone out. 

1 hour ago, dmm88 said:

Gonna be a tough uphill battle, but I will say this. If GC takes care of the ball (no more than 15 turnovers), Rebounds well (+10 or more would be good), takes good shots, and has a strong physical presence on Chloe and Tess anything's possible. One thing I've learned it that you can't count anyone out. 

GC and whoever plays them has to take care of the ball first and foremost to have a chance because Chloe don’t turn it over. If GC takes care of the ball, it will go to the wire. Greenfield is very good and well respected by the GC faithful. Hope we both make it to state and one of us brings home the Gold Ball. We will give it our best shot against one of the best teams that has been around here in a while.

1 hour ago, dmm88 said:

Lol I'd say this is pretty much the key to any game. Take care of the ball, don't allow second chance points, good shot selection and limit the other team's best scorers. 

I think GC's best crack at the upset relies on the 3-ball. It is the great equalizer. If the Pioneers can hit at a high clip on Tuesday, they'll at least keep themselves in it. Hart has played well inside; but if I'm Greenfield, I'll take my chances getting beat by her alone and sell out to defend the three. 

I expect to see Greenfield get up defensively and deny. Try and force GC to beat you off the dribble and force TOs. Greenfield is going to be able to score, it is up to GC to keep pace.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 1:22 PM, SportsWestTN said:

Lol I'd say this is pretty much the key to any game. Take care of the ball, don't allow second chance points, good shot selection and limit the other team's best scorers. 

I think GC's best crack at the upset relies on the 3-ball. It is the great equalizer. If the Pioneers can hit at a high clip on Tuesday, they'll at least keep themselves in it. Hart has played well inside; but if I'm Greenfield, I'll take my chances getting beat by her alone and sell out to defend the three. 

I expect to see Greenfield get up defensively and deny. Try and force GC to beat you off the dribble and force TOs. Greenfield is going to be able to score, it is up to GC to keep pace.

Went pretty much how I expected. In all honesty, GC played them nearly even until midway through the 3rd quarter, if you take away the first couple of minutes when they were freaking out and turning it over left and right. Once GC settled in, it was a pretty entertaining half of basketball. Greenfield just has too much talent. GC struggled to get to the basket against Greenfield's tight defense and couldn't get any open looks from outside. 

At this point, I think the only team that can beat Greenfield is themselves. 

3 hours ago, SportsWestTN said:

Went pretty much how I expected. In all honesty, GC played them nearly even until midway through the 3rd quarter, if you take away the first couple of minutes when they were freaking out and turning it over left and right. Once GC settled in, it was a pretty entertaining half of basketball. Greenfield just has too much talent. GC struggled to get to the basket against Greenfield's tight defense and couldn't get any open looks from outside. 

At this point, I think the only team that can beat Greenfield is themselves. 

Good post

Edited by Greenfieldfan