Inter-Divisional Internet Championships

NotSurprised

106- Nick Corday D2- The most dominant 106 this year. One sided matches with Ethan Wilson and Caleb Urochuck

113- Jackson Bond D2- I believe him and boarders would be competitive. Bond wrestled a higher level of competition with Baylor's schedule this year. I see him getting a close win over boarders.

120- Daniel Urochuck A-AA- All three champs this year are hammers. I give the nod to the oldest of the 3 here, but that would be a very competitive round robin.

126- Trae McDaniel AAA- Trae and Emory would be an interesting match, gotta give the edge to Trae because of his national success. If Trae and Emory were not such hammers, I would be tempted to put Robin Yunis here. 

132- Noah Horst D2- 4 time champ, senior, strong favorite.

138- Garrison Dendy D2- Dendy won a close one last time he wrestled Isbell. IMO it would not be as close this year. Dendy one of the best wrestlers in TN.

145- Kodiak Cannedy A-AA- Cannedy has a close win over Hurst this season. I give him a slight edge over Anthony. I would like to see that match though.

152- Garret Bowers D2- Mason smith is tough, but have to go with Bowers here.

160- Alex Whitworth D2- 4 time champ, dominant finals performance against a tough freshman.

170- Gavin Kagle D2 Tough 2x Champ

182- Connor Duffy D2- I would love to see him and Brooks, but gotta give the edge to Duffy. (two losses this year, both to top 10 guys in the country.

195- David Harper D2- Harper beat Peterson (twice) who beat Feldhacker this year.

220- Al Wooten D2- Would love to see Davis vs Wooten. Wooten is a huge/strong senior.

285- Skylar Coffee AAA- IMO Coffee has too much horse power for the younger stud Howard.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, NotSurprised said:

106- Nick Corday D2- The most dominant 106 this year. One sided matches with Ethan Wilson and Caleb Urochuck

113- Jackson Bond D2- I believe him and boarders would be competitive. Bond wrestled a higher level of competition with Baylor's schedule this year. I see him getting a close win over boarders.

120- Daniel Urochuck A-AA- All three champs this year are hammers. I give the nod to the oldest of the 3 here, but that would be a very competitive round robin.

126- Trae McDaniel AAA- Trae and Emory would be an interesting match, gotta give the edge to Trae because of his national success. If Trae and Emory were not such hammers, I would be tempted to put Robin Yunis here. 

138- Garrison Dendy D2- Dendy won a close one last time he wrestled Isbell. IMO it would not be as close this year. Dendy one of the best wrestlers in TN.

145- Kodiak Cannedy A-AA- Cannedy has a close win over Hurst this season. I give him a slight edge over Anthony. I would like to see that match though.

160- Alex Whitworth D2- 4 time champ, dominant finals performance against a tough freshman.

182- Connor Duffy D2- I would love to see him and Brooks, but gotta give the edge to Duffy. (two losses this year, both to top 10 guys in the country.

195- David Harper D2- Harper beat Peterson (twice) who beat Feldhacker this year.

220- Al Wooten D2- Would love to see Davis vs Wooten. Wooten is a huge/strong senior.

285- Skylar Coffee AAA- IMO Coffee has too much horse power for the younger stud Howard.

Cannedy vs Hurst would definitely be another tough Match between the 2.  They faced 3 times last year with Cannedy winning 2-3. (One by fall in 1:32 and another 4-2 decision) and lost the last time they met at the Bill Brimer Brawl in the Hall Championship 9-7 in sudden victory

Most interesting weight here to me is 126. Trae appears almost unstoppable at times. But he was slowed in his finals match. Would like to see him vs Hunter Mason the Freshman A/AA champ.

Also I’m not picking anyone against James Howard at HWT. He is Extremely tough and almost just plays with kids on the mat.

Horst is a machine at 132, sad to see him miss national preps this year. Could have made a huge splash for TN.

Along with Dendy at 138, I wasn’t as impressed with him early on at Super32. But has become more impressive as the year progressed.

Kodiak Cannedy has been one of the most impressive 145’s in the state. I probably wouldn’t pick against him in the state of TN. Didn’t appear to even break a sweat on his way to a second state title.

17 hours ago, MadHatter6 said:

Most interesting weight here to me is 126. Trae appears almost unstoppable at times. But he was slowed in his finals match. Would like to see him vs Hunter Mason the Freshman A/AA champ.

Also I’m not picking anyone against James Howard at HWT. He is Extremely tough and almost just plays with kids on the mat.

Horst is a machine at 132, sad to see him miss national preps this year. Could have made a huge splash for TN.

Along with Dendy at 138, I wasn’t as impressed with him early on at Super32. But has become more impressive as the year progressed.

Kodiak Cannedy has been one of the most impressive 145’s in the state. I probably wouldn’t pick against him in the state of TN. Didn’t appear to even break a sweat on his way to a second state title.

Trae did seem to slow in his finals match. With that being said, he pinned the 120 lb 2 x state champ at the Father Ryan Invitational in Jan. No freshman is going to challange him.... James is a big strong kid and a very talented wrestler but he'd have wrestle HARD against Coffey. Coffey is not a kid hes a man among boys. At 245 and all muscle hes as big and strong as a starting linebacker in the NFL. Would love to have seen the matchup but I believe  most would agree that Coffey wins this one.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DAKEKO said:

Trae did seem to slow in his finals match. With that being said, he pinned the 120 lb 2 x state champ at the Father Ryan Invitational in Jan. No freshman is going to challange him.... James is a big strong kid and a very talented wrestler but he'd have wrestle HARD against Coffey. Coffey is not a kid hes a man among boys. At 245 and all muscle hes as big and strong as a starting linebacker in the NFL. Would love to have seen the matchup but I believe  most would agree that Coffey wins this one.

So Trae did seem to slow, and I understand the score was 7-5, but it was 7-2 at one point in the 3rd period if I’m not mistaken. He tech falled Watkins in the state duals. I think we are just so used to him DOMINATING, that the score should show it. Even not at his best, so we think, he seemed to have the match in control and played it close to the chest. If I’m him in the 3rd period I know I’m up by a certain score and I want the state championship. I will give up 1s and 2s but not 2s that turn into 2s and 3s. If it was a dual again, I think he dominates like we saw at the state duals, but Watkins is very good, so Trae did a good job keeping everything in his control and scoring what he had to to win another title. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sx1234 said:

I may be a homer for a local kid, but how is Colby Dalon not even mentioned for 152? 

I agree, looking at him on track he done very well this year and I think he beats Mason Smith, just not sure he beats Bowers. Looks like Dalon pinned Evan Anthony and beat Hurst also, so he would be a tough out for sure!

On 2/25/2020 at 2:15 PM, NotSurprised said:

If your predictions were true the results would be as follows:

D2 10 State Champions

D1A-AA 2 State Champions

D1AAA 2 State Champions

Folks the gap is only getting wider since the split.  You cannot legislate competition in any shape form or fashion.  If the D1 schools want to close the gap on the D2 schools they must be an advocate to put everyone back together for the individual state championships.  Iron truly sharpens iron and it would force everyone to step up their game.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, cbg said:

If your predictions were true the results would be as follows:

D2 10 State Champions

D1A-AA 2 State Champions

D1AAA 2 State Champions

Folks the gap is only getting wider since the split.  You cannot legislate competition in any shape form or fashion.  If the D1 schools want to close the gap on the D2 schools they must be an advocate to put everyone back together for the individual state championships.  Iron truly sharpens iron and it would force everyone to step up their game.  

Lol not sure if this is we meant to be a joke. D-2 can recruit kids from all over the country freely...... combining an individual state tournament will not improve this outcome. D-2 SHOULD have kids that are better, if not they either don’t care or trying to create a program that they develop talent.