Waverly Coaching

Doppelganger

On 2/25/2020 at 4:11 PM, Doppelganger said:

Had this thought on the 3-4A thread.  my apologies.  Heard from a little Birdie that Coach Boldin has relinquished OC duties to a new guy.  Anyone with information, please share. 

I talk with Boldin often, actually talked with him this past wknd. He had 6 coaches on staff including him last year. He is looking to double his staff and has held several interviews. No one has been hired as he is still going through the interview process trying to find the best guys for this program. As far as giving up the offense, that is not happening, he is however looking for an offensive assistant to be his eye in the box since he did not have anyone up there last season. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/2/2020 at 11:06 AM, Trollin said:

I talk with Boldin often, actually talked with him this past wknd. He had 6 coaches on staff including him last year. He is looking to double his staff and has held several interviews. No one has been hired as he is still going through the interview process trying to find the best guys for this program. As far as giving up the offense, that is not happening, he is however looking for an offensive assistant to be his eye in the box since he did not have anyone up there last season. 

So Trollin, his new OC hire is in title only?  Cannot say I don't blames him for not relinquishing play calling duties.  He is fully capable of handling that himself.  

On 3/2/2020 at 10:30 AM, WingT08 said:

Just because they have a pulse and bought a whistle at walmart doesn't mean they are actually a coach. 

It looks like we have both.  The majority are coaches that have been in the business a while.  A few played college ball.  A couple daddies that played HS and coach Jr pro and asked to help.  It looks like we have one old face back as well, from the McConnell days.  From what I am hearing the changes are going to be significant but that’s just people talking. I don’t think we will know until the season. From my understanding Coach Boldin is taking the defense and letting someone new manage the scoring.  I would venture to say that Boldin will have his hand heavily on both sides of the ball.  His name is the one on the line.  I feel like we will have a better prepared team under the new structure.  If the details I’m hearing are true.  From what I have seen here,  80% of the details on this site are mere guesses, even if claiming to be from the horses mouth.  Myself included in that guesstimate.  But what else could be more fun other than the game being played.