Region 3AAA Tourney 2020

FootballFan51

54 minutes ago, ThePinkPanther said:

Saw Cleveland play Warren Co tonight.  I give them very little chance to win the State tournament this year.  Probably the worst AAA #1 ranked team I've seen in 15-20 years.  Not saying they are BAD, just comparing them to previous years.    Also, not sure how their PG is a Mr. Basketball finalist or has signed with Belmont.  He might have had 7-8 points tonight.  He seems like a good kid, with a good attitude and a solid player, but I was expecting to see a much higher level of basketball from him and his team.  In my opinion, the Berry kid #00 for Bradley Co. looks way better.  Maybe I just witnessed their worst game of the year?

LOL.  The Belmont coach & those other D1 coaches that offered him are freaking morons. You should be coaching in D1, since you are so knowledgeable.
Wood is terrible. He only scored 42 points (only 11 3 pointers) on Cookeville in the Region after sitting out over a week. The kid doesn’t seek to be the high scorer every game. He takes what is given to him & allows his team to win by 20 over the best team in District 6 on a really off night (and I’m sure an off night for Warren Co too). 

Edited by FootballFan51

32 minutes ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

The title game would be at bradl ey since they won district championship. Hopefull tssaa does the right thing

It would be at WV,  as that is where the districts were held.  But only if White Co, Bradley, Cleveland, and WV (since they provide the staffing) agree.  That is not going to happen.  

1 hour ago, FootballFan51 said:

LOL.  The Belmont coach & those other D1 coaches that offered him are freaking morons. You should be coaching in D1, since you are so knowledgeable.
Wood is terrible. He only scored 42 points (only 11 3 pointers) on Cookeville in the Region after sitting out over a week. The kid doesn’t seek to be the high scorer every game. He takes what is given to him & allows his team to win by 20 over the best team in District 6 on a really off night (and I’m sure an off night for Warren Co too). 

I doubt the Belmont coach or any other D1 coach would have offered him based on how he played tonight.  Obviously he has to be better than he played.  Maybe it was his worst game of the year?  He didn't look very interested in playing.  Not much of a motor, Multiple Missed lay ups, TO's and blow bys on defense don't usually impress D1 coaches enough to get scholarship offers.  Maybe I'm wrong.... Maybe he was impressive tonight and I just overlooked it? Bottom line is, I went to the game expecting to see a Mr. Basketball finalist and the #1 ranked team in the State perform at a high level and I was disappointed.  

5 hours ago, ThePinkPanther said:

Saw Cleveland play Warren Co tonight.  I give them very little chance to win the State tournament this year.  Probably the worst AAA #1 ranked team I've seen in 15-20 years.  Not saying they are BAD, just comparing them to previous years.    Also, not sure how their PG is a Mr. Basketball finalist or has signed with Belmont.  He might have had 7-8 points tonight.  He seems like a good kid, with a good attitude and a solid player, but I was expecting to see a much higher level of basketball from him and his team.  In my opinion, the Berry kid #00 for Bradley Co. looks way better.  Maybe I just witnessed their worst game of the year?

Can’t judge a team off of 1 game. Cleveland didn’t play well tonight, yet still won by 20. Jacobi is much better then how he played last night. He has years of high level play at the high school and AAU level and average over 25 points per game. He had a bad game, everyone has them.

Keep in mind @Pinkpanther Jacobi is still about 80% healthy recovering from a severely sprained ankle in the last game of the season.  He doesn't have anywhere near his normal explosiveness or lift right now.  Defensively he is also very limited with this injury.  You witnessed a shell of Jacobi.

Edited by coachinhoops
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, coachinhoops said:

Keep in mind @Pinkpanther Jacobi is still about 80% healthy recovering from a severely sprained ankle in the last game of the season.  He doesn't have anywhere near his normal explosiveness or lift right now.  Defensively he is also very limited with this injury.  You witnessed a shell of Jacobi.

Good point.  Makes sense.  I guess I just had higher expectations for him and the team after they had such a huge game on Saturday vs Cookeville.  I didn't expect to see them struggle against Warren Co for 3 quarters like they did.