AA State Tourney Predictions

Jokur

8 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I was wondering about how Upperman was. What do they do the best? 

They play a very balanced game and defend pretty well. Guard play would be their strength. One of the big kids moved to the US from Serbia he plays physical defense. They shoot the 3 well. Decent bench depth.

14 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

It’s crunch time now! We will see what 13AA is made of this weekend! Y’all humbled us last year, with SG pulling the upset of the year. You can reassure you this it will not happen this year. We are ready for that famous 1-3-1 zone! I hope turner is ready to get physical! 

" Y’all humbled us last year, with SG pulling the upset of the year. " 

" You can reassure you this it will not happen this year. "

Kinda talking out of both sides of your mouth... First we had the upset of the year. Now you are reassuring all of that it will not happen again. 

Last years team that " upset " the hawks did not even win their district tournament. This year team did win it.... 

So which one is it?

I personally, feel like that SSHS is the best team in the region. You are not however, going to blow SGC, Crockett, or DBurg out of the gym. 

We are both speculating at this point and it is fun. Hopefully we will see each other in the finals and our boys can leave it all on the court. 

9 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Kinda talking out of both sides of your mouth... First we had the upset of the year. Now you are reassuring all of that it will not happen again. 

Last years team that " upset " the hawks did not even win their district tournament. This year team did win it.... 

So which one is it?

I personally, feel like that SSHS is the best team in the region. You are not however, going to blow SGC, Crockett, or DBurg out of the gym. 

We are both speculating at this point and it is fun. Hopefully we will see each other in the finals and our boys can leave it all on the court. 

SS will win every region game by 15+.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

So which one is it?

I was reassuring that we wasn’t going to overlook anybody like we did y’all last year! We had the big head and you guys deflated us! 

So you believe that since y’all won a very weak district title it means something? I am glad you guys are making history over there by winning yalls first district title in school history! Congratulations on y’all state championship lol, 13AA is very weak! We already blew Dyersburg out by 15 or so! I am not here to debate who will do this or that, just keep winning and we will see! First up is 13AA’s 4th seed I will say it will be a blow out! We win 75-45! Now dyersburg is well coached & has a few good players. 2nd time  against them it will be close I say we win 58-42. We taking it one game at a time tho! 

i hope we do get y’all in the ship! I do believe North Side will upset y’all before we can get our revenge! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

Honestly in Region 7 and 8-AA, whoever comes out and plays the best is gonna win that night. Yes South Side should cakewalk through the region, but honestly it's FAR from a sure thing. South Gibson, Dyersburg and Crockett County are very good basketball teams. Just like in 8-AA, everybody expects Wooddale to blow out everyone. Covington is a very good basketball team, so are Fayette-Ware and Bolivar. 

3 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Honestly in Region 7 and 8-AA, whoever comes out and plays the best is gonna win that night. Yes South Side should cakewalk through the region, but honestly it's FAR from a sure thing. South Gibson, Dyersburg and Crockett County are very good basketball teams. Just like in 8-AA, everybody expects Wooddale to blow out everyone. Covington is a very good basketball team, so are Fayette-Ware and Bolivar. 

True statement! That’s every night tho whoever plays better usually wins that game.