Rumors That Arlington Is Getting Popped

WestTNroundball

18 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

It’s called cheating and there’s no room for it anywhere and should not be tolerated. Some people want to claim or call it “privilege” because they live in Memphis. It’s still cheating. If you were made to play by the same rules as the rest of the state Memphis wouldn’t have half the championships they have because a lot of the players would be ineligible. 

What I think you've failed to understand for the years and years and years you've spewed this over and over and over is that for the most part it's the kids moving around without a coaches involvment. 

Are there coaches that call kids, talk to them, and recruit them in basketball and football in this city? Yes. 

Are there kids that move from school to school because they think the grass is greener? All the time. 

No one seems to care much about middle Tennessee school dominating girls basketball. Do all of those girls go to the schools they're zoned for?

The TSSAA knows about it but do nothing to combat it. Penny and East became a nationally ranked team for 3 years. Then all they did was create a coaching link rule that no one cares about until it went to court. 

No one complains when a player they've never heard of moves. No one complains when a kid that plays golf, tennis, or some other random sport that gets no attention moves. It's only when kids that are ranked or are good move that people "care". 

It happens in Nashville, Knoxville, and Chattanooga too but... they don't win often so no one complains. 

When you let AAU basketball have so much influence over kids and take away their high school coaches influence this is what you get. Also, when all anyone cares about is winning this is what you get. 

Wanna point a finger? The TSSAA and our society have created this mess. AAU runs the show. Kids get recurited by AAU teammates and coaches far more than high school coaches. Then if you don't win games (breaking rules or not) people want your head. So to win schools are hiring coaches that coach AAU that aren't trained teachers to coach sports. I absolutley cringe at the idea that we have some coaches in TN that get a full teacher's salary, coaching supplements, and sometimes more money from booster clubs to "teach" 3 PE classes and some weight training classes. That's tax payer money to coach high school sports. Yes, there are some coaches that are in the classroom teaching legit subjects btu we see more and more of the other all the time. 

Get off your high horse and propose a solution instead of complaining on CoachT. 

2 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

What I think you've failed to understand for the years and years and years you've spewed this over and over and over is that for the most part it's the kids moving around without a coaches involvment. 

Are there coaches that call kids, talk to them, and recruit them in basketball and football in this city? Yes. 

Are there kids that move from school to school because they think the grass is greener? All the time. 

No one seems to care much about middle Tennessee school dominating girls basketball. Do all of those girls go to the schools they're zoned for?

The TSSAA knows about it but do nothing to combat it. Penny and East became a nationally ranked team for 3 years. Then all they did was create a coaching link rule that no one cares about until it went to court. 

No one complains when a player they've never heard of moves. No one complains when a kid that plays golf, tennis, or some other random sport that gets no attention moves. It's only when kids that are ranked or are good move that people "care". 

It happens in Nashville, Knoxville, and Chattanooga too but... they don't win often so no one complains. 

When you let AAU basketball have so much influence over kids and take away their high school coaches influence this is what you get. Also, when all anyone cares about is winning this is what you get. 

Wanna point a finger? The TSSAA and our society have created this mess. AAU runs the show. Kids get recurited by AAU teammates and coaches far more than high school coaches. Then if you don't win games (breaking rules or not) people want your head. So to win schools are hiring coaches that coach AAU that aren't trained teachers to coach sports. I absolutley cringe at the idea that we have some coaches in TN that get a full teacher's salary, coaching supplements, and sometimes more money from booster clubs to "teach" 3 PE classes and some weight training classes. That's tax payer money to coach high school sports. Yes, there are some coaches that are in the classroom teaching legit subjects btu we see more and more of the other all the time. 

Get off your high horse and propose a solution instead of complaining on CoachT. 

You hitting it on the head

All i really know on this whole Arlington thing is this Mcknight got cleared by the state as a hardship. As far as the other players I Have no idea so i won't comment on that just to many different stuff and no i won't say what I have heard and not heard due to respect for Arlington High school players and coaches as I have friends on that staff. Anxious to see how Arlington shows up tonight against Cordova in the region semifinals.