East Nashville New Coach

uofl

2 hours ago, Spearchucker37015 said:

It always is crazy at places like that.  I hope the SRO was armed and protected.  You never see stuff like this at county schools.  It always happens schools like that.  

Schools like what my I ask? County schools? You can pull articles from everywhere about coaches being fire and students have a protests from Football to tennis

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 12:06 PM, workinprogress said:

Sounds like everyone is throwing Palmer's name around for openings. I have a hard time believing he will be a head coach in TN anytime soon. And I am not sure he would even get an interview even if he did apply. 

Not familiar with Palmer nor why he left.  Seems to be something...can you enlighten me?

4 hours ago, Spearchucker37015 said:

It always is crazy at places like that.  I hope the SRO was armed and protected.  You never see stuff like this at county schools.  It always happens schools like that.  

Interesting comment.  Is it peaceful protests that always happen at inner city schools?  I hope I am misunderstanding this, but it seems to insinuate that possible deadly force would be used by the students.  I’m racking my brain trying to think of the example of an inner city kid going to school on a killing spree.....those were suburban and county schools unless the fake news has rotted my logic.

23 minutes ago, DarkKnight4 said:

This is getting as racist as it can get without coming right on out and saying it. This has veered left I see. Any word on who is the front runner ? or when the interviews start. I know the tornado may have slowed process but it seems too quiet. Any big names?  

I disagree.  I've interviewed in Metro in the past and will be the first to tell you that the race card is pulled entirely too often.  I've known others to say the same thing.  When you interview for a football vacancy and the principal asks you "how would you as a European American handle the challenges of teaching and coaching African American students and athletes?" that is a major RED FLAG.  Why does that have to be an issue at all?  It's 2020 not 1960.  

On 3/9/2020 at 3:37 PM, howdoitknow said:

I disagree.  I've interviewed in Metro in the past and will be the first to tell you that the race card is pulled entirely too often.  I've known others to say the same thing.  When you interview for a football vacancy and the principal asks you "how would you as a European American handle the challenges of teaching and coaching African American students and athletes?" that is a major RED FLAG.  Why does that have to be an issue at all?  It's 2020 not 1960.  

Because it’s the same reason why African American coaches get asked the same thing at White schools. You don’t see many African American coaches coaching at all white schools. 

22 minutes ago, uofl said:

Because it’s the same reason why African American coaches get asked the same thing at White schools. You don’t see many African American coaches coaching at all white schools. 

Metro is a black school system. Just the truth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uofl said:

That's not the case at all.  If an administrator an a rural county school every asked that to a minority candidate there would be a major uproar.