East Nashville New Coach

uofl

And this whole discussion is why metro is failing across the board. Instead of hiring the best candidate metro is concerned with hiring based on factors that don't matter in education. Theses factors may matter to kids, parents, even some teachers and staff. However these factors do not provide an education or help kids be successful in and out of the classroom. Just hire the best person for each job. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

And this whole discussion is why metro is failing across the board. Instead of hiring the best candidate metro is concerned with hiring based on factors that don't matter in education. Theses factors may matter to kids, parents, even some teachers and staff. However these factors do not provide an education or help kids be successful in and out of the classroom. Just hire the best person for each job. 

There's not one person working in Metro that can pretend to tell me it's not that way.  

The post by uofl was totally out of line.  

The best head football coach in MNPS history in my opinion is Wes Elrod.  There are great coaches who have tried to get head coaching gigs in MNPS but were swept under a rug based on appearance alone judging by comments made on these forums.  If that is truly the case then it's pathetic.  

Edited by howdoitknow
More Information

3 hours ago, uofl said:

Because it’s the same reason why African American coaches get asked the same thing at White schools. You don’t see many African American coaches coaching at all white schools. 

Tony Dungy

Dennis Green

Marvin Lewis

Anthony Lynn

Marvin Lewis

Romeo Crennel

Brian Flores

Mike Singletary

Lovie Smith

Ray Rhodes

Jim Caldwell

Herm Edwards

Art Shell

Mike Tomlin

Leslie Frazier

Raheem Morris

Vance Joseph

Hugh Jackson

Steve Wilks

Todd Bowles

Just 20 names of men who have coached in the National Football League.  I'm sure any of them would receive more than a fair chance of getting hired at any "white school" as you call them (most ridiculous statement of all-time on CoachT).  You act like you're Herman Boone trying to land a head coaching job in 1971 "Post Jim Crow" Virginia.  

I can go much further and dip into the college ranks and pull out a boat load of names of guys who have been successful as head coaches.  

• Like 1

Wes Elrod, Jerry Pigue, and Nick Coutras probably the best coaches imo. Other good coaches would be: 

Coure - WC

Law - WC

Fitzgerald - PC

Brunetti - PC

Thompson - MW

Brown - Hillsboro, Antioch

Anderson - Hillsboro, Antioch, Overton

Woods - CR

Blade - Hillsboro

Adeylott - Hillsboro, Glencliff?

Woodward - Antioch

And those are just off the top of my head. I know I could name others. Lots of good coaches/teachers. I can't remember the name of the long time coach that was at Maplewood. But I would add him.

8 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Wes Elrod, Jerry Pigue, and Nick Coutras probably the best coaches imo. Other good coaches would be: 

Coure - WC

Law - WC

Fitzgerald - PC

Brunetti - PC

Thompson - MW

Woods - CR

Blade - Hillsboro

Woodward - Antioch

And those are just off the top of my head. I know I could name others. Lots of good coaches/teachers. I can't remember the name of the long time coach that was at Maplewood. But I would add him.

Arcentae Broome...  Great guy by the way.   Are you trying to name all the black Coaches?  Some on that list aren't black.   I'm confused??

12 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Coure - WC

Law - WC

Fitzgerald - PC

Brunetti - PC

Thompson - MW

Woods - CR

Blade - Hillsboro

Woodward - Antioch

J. Wilson: Glencliff and East Nashville

Campbell:  Stratford and Hunters Lane