East Nashville New Coach

uofl

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2020 at 3:09 PM, howdoitknow said:

There's a guy who teaches at McGavock now, Brian Beaubien, who used to be the head coach at Kenwood High School in Clarksville.  I think he would be a great hire for the Eagles.  

Damien Harris would also be a great hire.  He is one of  the best assistant coaches in Metro Nashville right now and is almost a "lock" to become Tony Brunetti's successor at Pearl-Cohn.  Bruno has about 6-7 years remaining before he reaches 30.  I think he probably has 4-5 more years.  

Nobody has asked this but what about Brunetti himself?  What if he decided to take on a new challenge and go to East Nashville.  Crazier things have happened.  

If Brunetti leaves Pearl-Cohn it will be to retire. His son goes to MBA and he lives out of the county. There are variables to this that people don't realize. The only way Harris doesn't take the East  job is if he wants to be head coach at Pearl-Cohn. That is his alma mater and Pearl people love their school. 

On 3/2/2020 at 8:41 AM, FBfan26 said:

My question is why broomes Name keeps popping up? Is he really ready to leave maplewood? I've heard Antioch and i thought he was gone to hillwood until the slide someone else in.

Broome grew up in East Nashville but went to Stratford. East Nashville are his roots. Not sure what his plan is but he loves his job at Maplewood and those kids love him. 

On 3/2/2020 at 12:36 PM, TheInsideScoop said:

Like I said on the Metro Page, East is not as good of a job as people think. Whoever gets it I hope they are a complete football coach. The quality of Metro Football overall is horrible. The lack of scheme offensively and defensively is frustrating and special teams are virtually non-existent.

Have you seen how many players have played Division 1 that went to East in the past 10 years? Plus, the basketball and track programs have been great lately. There are athletes all over that school. 

On 3/5/2020 at 5:21 PM, MichaelMyers76 said:

Work, You and Wallace need to read again. I didn't say non certified, although Upton was not as of the end of last year. I said non-faculty. Both of them work at a charter school. They are not Metro employees and must therefore be turned in as non-faculty. Call Menees.

I was answering the question of being certified and if I am not mistaken, charter certified has to go through Metro too. I could be wrong. The three at EN are great coaches. Upton is arguably the best assistant in the state in my opinion. Williams is the reason East won the city for JV and Patton is a huge reason East has been successful the past 10 years. 

The East Nashville area has changed dramatically over the last several years with many younger people moving in the area.  Not sure what the enrollment is a East now but all of the coaches that i know have moved on to other schools.  They have been one of the better Metro teams over the last several years.  I assume that JPII is getting some of the better East Nashville student athletes these days.  I believe that having teachers/coaches in the building tremendously helps the program's chances for success in metro.  Principals who understand this and are willing to work with ADs and HCs regarding hiring are the ones i would want to work with.  Not much of this in metro right now imo.  

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 11:21 AM, 17NCS said:

The East Nashville area has changed dramatically over the last several years with many younger people moving in the area.  Not sure what the enrollment is a East now but all of the coaches that i know have moved on to other schools.  They have been one of the better Metro teams over the last several years.  I assume that JPII is getting some of the better East Nashville student athletes these days.  I believe that having teachers/coaches in the building tremendously helps the program's chances for success in metro.  Principals who understand this and are willing to work with ADs and HCs regarding hiring are the ones i would want to work with.  Not much of his in metro right now imo.  

I don't know of any school in Metro who has their football staff completely in the building.

To be honest, the number of non-faculty coaches in Metro now is staggering. Especially considering the number of teaching vacancies. Unfortunately, everyone can't teach PE. Football coaches that teach an academic subject have an open road.