East Nashville New Coach

uofl

1 hour ago, GangTackle said:

What did they let him go for? I've heard multiple things?

No excuse giving. The News paper said multiple things. From what I've heard it's more of what he didnt do but nothing he did if that makes since. $3,000 dollars in fines etc. Also heard the principal was on the chopping block also so that might had something to do with it.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the whole Battle Ground Academy game cancellation ordeal.  This is one of the better jobs in Metro along with Pearl-Cohn, Cane Ridge, and Hillsboro.  

There will be some interesting applicants in the pool for this vacancy.  Metro traditionally likes to hire from within.  Jobs within MNPS are a constant revolving door where the same names jump from school to school.  

The article on MSN was an interesting read. Credit principal Jenkins for allowing the students to voice their opinions without punishment. Credit the students for speaking their opinion in a positive way. 

As for the article, there was some truth and some emotional content. Seems like the students are rallying around Waite. I'm sure he is appreciative. He will land somewhere. It would be interesting if one of the coaches down the road took over at EN and Waite took over the program down the road. I could see it happening. 

East Nashville needs some new blood, and it's no better candidate than Damien Harris! Trust me this dude is my brother, he knows football inside and out. Kids will come and play hard for him real talk. So if East wanna turn their program around hire this guy! If not then continue to lose to Pearl Cohn!!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I really think you are on to something FB80 about new blood but I think new blood will mean new East Nashville blood . I think Harris is a good option but would leaving ruin him taking over when Tony leaves? He can’t have that much longer .  I think Broome or Stewart will be the top options being that they have strong support in East Nashville . All 3 choices will do a good job. I had the pleasure to watch both games at TSU and it was exciting to see from both offensives run up and down the field only time will tell where this will go it’s not the same metro as old