East Nashville New Coach

uofl

If not Brunetti or Woods I wouldn’t hire anyone else from PC. Woods would give a revamp to EN offense like he has at PC but I believe he isn’t a certified teacher so him coming over as OC would be a lateral move . I really don’t know much of the Harris coach that was mentioned. I’d like to see Lopez ex HB DC,  Jamal Stewart HB OC, or Mose Phillips get the job. Broome from MW is a big name I’ve heard which would make MW start a search for their next Hc.

my sleeper guess would be Cogman or Moreno 

4 hours ago, Hurricane717 said:

If not Brunetti or Woods I wouldn’t hire anyone else from PC. Woods would give a revamp to EN offense like he has at PC but I believe he isn’t a certified teacher so him coming over as OC would be a lateral move . I really don’t know much of the Harris coach that was mentioned. I’d like to see Lopez ex HB DC,  Jamal Stewart HB OC, or Mose Phillips get the job. Broome from MW is a big name I’ve heard which would make MW start a search for their next Hc.

Woods don't run PC offense by himself. Him and Harris are Co offense coordinators. Plus Coach Harris is associate head coach at PC. So like I've stated before if East is smart they would hire Harris over all of them! 

Edited by FIREBIRD80
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, WildWolf6 said:

I really think you are on to something FB80 about new blood but I think new blood will mean new East Nashville blood . I think Harris is a good option but would leaving ruin him taking over when Tony leaves? He can’t have that much longer .  I think Broome or Stewart will be the top options being that they have strong support in East Nashville . All 3 choices will do a good job. I had the pleasure to watch both games at TSU and it was exciting to see from both offensives run up and down the field only time will tell where this will go it’s not the same metro as old 

I'm sorry but it's no way you can convince me that Steward is better candidate then Harris. If East hire Stewart over Harris they'll still lose to Pearl every year! I can't speak on  brunetti situation right now tho. Broome had his chances, now it's time to give new up and coming coaches a shot in metro!!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80
  • Like 1

Well if you hire a coach that’s just gonna beat pearl you don’t get a trophy for that . Harris isn’t going to guarantee wins over pearl either . You sound like a coach that wants to come along with him. I never said who was a better coach but being from that side of town works in their favor with the community when you talk about Broome or Stewart. But as a PC guy I understand your push for Harris. Either one would be a good choice but I wouldn’t hire Harris cause he will slide back at pearl when their HC leaves . 

Edited by WildWolf6

11 hours ago, Hurricane717 said:

Cogman or Moreno ? You are kidding I hope.

2 hours ago, WildWolf6 said:

Well if you hire a coach that’s just gonna beat pearl you don’t get a trophy for that . Harris isn’t going to guarantee wins over pearl either . You sound like a coach that wants to come along with him. I never said who was a better coach but being from that side of town works in their favor with the community when you talk about Broome or Stewart. But as a PC guy I understand your push for Harris. Either one would be a good choice but I wouldn’t hire Harris cause he will slide back at pearl when their HC leaves . 

Maybe that's East Nashville problem, they keep hiring coaches in their comfort zone! Step out the box and maybe they'll finally get out the 2nd round. No I'm not a coach I told y'all he's family. Of course it's more to just beating Pearl, but if you don't beat Pearl it's no way you can reach semi finals that's fosho. Out of the three coaches that are named Harris has the best chance of beating Pearl. 

Edited by FIREBIRD80

There's a guy who teaches at McGavock now, Brian Beaubien, who used to be the head coach at Kenwood High School in Clarksville.  I think he would be a great hire for the Eagles.  

Damien Harris would also be a great hire.  He is one of  the best assistant coaches in Metro Nashville right now and is almost a "lock" to become Tony Brunetti's successor at Pearl-Cohn.  Bruno has about 6-7 years remaining before he reaches 30.  I think he probably has 4-5 more years.  

Nobody has asked this but what about Brunetti himself?  What if he decided to take on a new challenge and go to East Nashville.  Crazier things have happened.  

Wingt you obviously don't know metro. Rang probably wouldn't even get an interview imo. But hey why not go ahead and put his name out there. Let's go ahead and add Gary Rankin, Ricky Bowers, Rosser, and Reese. 

Now in all seriousness some quality coaches have been mentioned. I could see JS as a possibility. But he has had other opportunities and passed. I could see Harris if Brunetti plans on staying at PC to reach 30 years. I could see Broome if he wants out of MW. 

I don't see Brunetti leaving PC for EN. I can't see Mose leaving CR but he could do well. I don't see Moreno leaving McGavock. 

Some names not mentioned yet that could have an interest: Antioch HC - EN is a better job, Davis from MJCA - was at PC for awhile and might want to come back, and I'll throw out Grimes from Ravenwood - might want to be a HC? I have no idea if any of those guys would have any interest but this is a good job and I think there could be some surprises as to whom applies. 

9 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Wingt you obviously don't know metro. Rang probably wouldn't even get an interview imo. But hey why not go ahead and put his name out there. Let's go ahead and add Gary Rankin, Ricky Bowers, Rosser, and Reese. 

Now in all seriousness some quality coaches have been mentioned. I could see JS as a possibility. But he has had other opportunities and passed. I could see Harris if Brunetti plans on staying at PC to reach 30 years. I could see Broome if he wants out of MW. 

I don't see Brunetti leaving PC for EN. I can't see Mose leaving CR but he could do well. I don't see Moreno leaving McGavock. 

Some names not mentioned yet that could have an interest: Antioch HC - EN is a better job, Davis from MJCA - was at PC for awhile and might want to come back, and I'll throw out Grimes from Ravenwood - might want to be a HC? I have no idea if any of those guys would have any interest but this is a good job and I think there could be some surprises as to whom applies. 

WingT isn’t trying to be serious. Every coaching search on here mentions Rang. He’s just kidding. 

• Like 1