Region 7 A Tournament. Who you got?

WhereYouAt

50 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Dont see where it would have been an upset with LC.Humbolt won in overtime with LC best player Polk fouled out with over 3 min left in overtime.LC missed 20 layups.Both teams played sloppy.Looked like 2 middle school teams.Humboldt has no outside shooters.Number 1 did ok.LC only has Polk.Neither team would have or will beat Union City.Union City wont let number 50 and 1 shoot down low.Union City and Madison both win by 20.Congrats Humboldt for not having me watch LC get pounded

Mr.Bigster, you are correct was a terrible played game but Humboldt missed just as many lay ups then Lake county as well as six (6) free throws last minute of game which would have put game away. Humboldt shouldn’t be this far in region losing starting five (5) from last year! Humboldt only has two (2) seniors that really don’t contribute & are playing freshman, sophomores & two (2) juniors, a very young team! Number 32 is a freshmen & Union City might beat Humboldt depending on what Humboldt teams shows up! This is a very young team and when they are clicking can play ball, Madison beat them by six (6) points last game & Humboldt beat Middleton by 10 a week ago so we will see what team shows up Monday! Guards couldn’t hit any outside shots like you said but Monday is a new day! Polk is a ball player & I don’t  know why Humboldt coach didn’t double team him because he almost beat Humboldt by his self!  Great game to Lake County nothing to be mad about! 

Edited by 87vikingalumni
Corrections

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Humboldt comes away with a four (4) point victory & will play Union City Monday at Gibson County! If, Humboldt plays like they did tonight it will end Monday, missed five (5) free throws in last minute that would have put game away in regulation! Number 4 for Lake County almost beat Humboldt by hisself with 30 plus points! 

They won't miss a FT or 3 pointer ...

8 hours ago, Purple & Gold Standard said:

They won't miss a FT or 3 pointer ...

LOL, I wish that was true but the Vikings will have to play a complete game in order to win.  Humboldt has a  very young team & sometimes they play up to their potential and other nights they play like they've never played before. Hopefully, they will be ready to play Monday night but nobody even picked them to be this far this year after losing all five (5) starters and two (2) other seniors from a state runner-up team.

Congrats UC, well played game! Humboldt couldn’t hit any outside shots against the zone & once UC got lead they did a great job spreading floor & using clock! Good season Vikings, didn’t anybody have you pick to make it this far with such a young team! Get in the gym & work on your weakness & come back strong next year!

44 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Championship game Thursday night Madison vs UC so who do you got?

I will take Madison by ten (10) points because they have outside shooters & guards who can penetrate against UC zone and will have  height to match UC two (2) big post! 

Union City will slow the game down or try to do so.  Madison has a good press.   Union City will have the best coaches in the game that night.   They won't get out coached for sure.  Great coaching can overcome athletes on many nights.  Madison is deep.  As long as U C can slown the game down and keep it in the 50's and lower 60's, I like U C chances.  U C has to have balance scoring and stay out of major foul trouble.  If the above plays out, Madison will suffer lose #3 of the year and head to Memphis.  But, no matter what, we have a chance, the losers in both games tonight do not so I like where we are.

13 hours ago, ucdiditagain said:

Union City will slow the game down or try to do so.  Madison has a good press.   Union City will have the best coaches in the game that night.   They won't get out coached for sure.  Great coaching can overcome athletes on many nights.  Madison is deep.  As long as U C can slown the game down and keep it in the 50's and lower 60's, I like U C chances.  U C has to have balance scoring and stay out of major foul trouble.  If the above plays out, Madison will suffer lose #3 of the year and head to Memphis.  But, no matter what, we have a chance, the losers in both games tonight do not so I like where we are.

Yes, Cisco is a good coach & UC will have to keep the scoring low but Madison does have outside shooters so it should be a good chess match. I think UC will be able to handle the press & the multiple players that Madison will utilize just don't know if zone will effect Madison but time will tell. I'm going to try  down from Nashville & make game Thursday night. Good luck to UC Thursday night & the young Viking will be back next year.