SS vs Westview

Jokur

14 minutes ago, Jokur said:

Predictions?  Has Jada Harrison ever seen a defense like SS's?  Will Westview be able to maintain their style of play or will SS speed them up?  Score predictions?

I got SS with the upset 51-44.

I like your prediction! I hope are correct! I ain’t as worried about the freshman as I am worried more of Callins(spell check) she is a senior that has 3 years of state experience! Harrison is good, but she is very capable of making freshman mistakes. It showed against the loss in Gibson Co. she makes big shots, but she will shoot you out of a game. So we will see how it goes! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jokur said:

Predictions?  Has Jada Harrison ever seen a defense like SS's?  Will Westview be able to maintain their style of play or will SS speed them up?  Score predictions?

South Side will have to hit them in the mouth and keep on hitting them with pressure to have a chance. I got Westview by 8. A South Side upset wouldn’t surprise me either Reason I am predicting Westview is because of the experience of Callins and Yancy. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jokur said:

Not sure what SS is going to try and throw at them, but having seen both teams I think Westview wins by double-digits (10-12 points). I think Westview just has more weapons and the poise to handle the moment. Both teams are beatable though. I just think Westview is the safer pick.

If I had to pick a score I'd say 48-36 W'view.

1 minute ago, SportsWestTN said:

Not sure what SS is going to try and throw at them, but having seen both teams I think Westview wins by double-digits (10-12 points). I think Westview just has more weapons and the poise to handle the moment. Both teams are beatable though. I just think Westview is the safer pick.

If I had to pick a score I'd say 48-36 W'view.

I agree Westview by 12. Westview wins the Gold Ball. 

• Like 1

South Side needs to worry about how they're going to score against Westview, not if they can stop Jada Harrison. If my math is right, Westview is only giving up 34 PPG. South Side doesn't exactly shoot it very well either. I think the game is close for the first half and Westview extends it out in the third quarter and pulls away in the 4th quarter. Westview by 13...

I've loved the Westview and South Side matchups over the last 2-3 years because we ALWAYS get a great game. And I don't expect this one to be any different. The contrast in styles. Westview wants to play at a slowww pace and just kind of wear you down methodically and with precision. South Side wants to get out in the open floor and attack the basket and wear you down with defensive pressure.

Few keys:

Westview

-No live-ball turnovers

-Find SS shooters

-Yancey has to be aggressive offensively 

South Side

-No Westview second or third shots

-Win the rebounding battle

-Gotta finish layups and make FT's

• Like 1

Just because I'm bored right now, I looked at previous scores between these two teams over the past few years...

2018-2019

Westview won 60-30

Westview won 55-52

2017-2018

didn't play

2016-2017

Westview won 37-33

We will see how this year's South Side and Westview game turns out tonight...

34 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

That’s a tough pick! What’s different this year than the previous 7 years ? Have you heard or see what Macon County is doing? 

Yeah, I'd pump the brakes on the Gold Ball talk right now. I think they get to the Boro, but even that isn't a guarantee. They definitely have a shot at it, but still plenty to do. 

It is impressive, though, that Weakley Co. has two teams that have a realistic shot to do it in the same year.

1 hour ago, dmm88 said:

I've loved the Westview and South Side matchups over the last 2-3 years because we ALWAYS get a great game. And I don't expect this one to be any different. The contrast in styles. Westview wants to play at a slowww pace and just kind of wear you down methodically and with precision. South Side wants to get out in the open floor and attack the basket and wear you down with defensive pressure.

Few keys:

Westview

-No live-ball turnovers

-Find SS shooters

-Yancey has to be aggressive offensively 

South Side

-No Westview second or third shots

-Win the rebounding battle

-Gotta finish layups and make FT's

Great overview!