HUNTINGDON VS LORETTO

footballover

31 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Obviously we weren't.  Karly's face mask was knocked off 3 times by 22/23, she was also shoved (two handed shove) to the ground twice, only one of those were called a foul.  There were missed calls in the first half, but nothing to the extent of the 3rd quarter.  4th quarter wasn't much better.

I was sitting on the court at mid court, you must have been in the nose bleeds.

With that being said.  Huntingdon is a great team, the Butler girl and the transfer were really impressive as were a couple others.  They should be proud, and should make state.  But if they play as aggressive at state, they will wind up with 30 fouls.

Best of luck at sub state.

Final 60-44 Loretto

David was on here an has since gone MIA I assume you are one of his cronies. Was a poorly officiated game on both sides. It was clear Huntingdon was trying to rough up Loretto. Plenty of missed calls on both sides. Loretto was the better team we all knew that going in. I think Karly flops more than LeBron. Tonight solidified that its Greenfield and everyone else and it's not close 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, footballover said:

David was on here an has since gone MIA I assume you are one of his cronies. Was a poorly officiated game on both sides. It was clear Huntingdon was trying to rough up Loretto. Plenty of missed calls on both sides. Loretto was the better team we all knew that going in. I think Karly flops more than LeBron. Tonight solidified that its Greenfield and everyone else and it's not close 

This post is laughable.  I hope there is a recording of this game somewhere.

And I barely know David, definitely not a "cronie" of his, Jersey boy.  Lol

I agree, missed calls on both sides, but in the 3rd and 4th quarters, 90% of those missed calls benefited Huntingdon.  Anyone with eyes could see that.  But it's ok to be a homer and say otherwise.   

I still wish y'all best of luck and safe travels! 

1 hour ago, mas1821 said:

This post is laughable.  I hope there is a recording of this game somewhere.

And I barely know David, definitely not a "cronie" of his, Jersey boy.  Lol

I agree, missed calls on both sides, but in the 3rd and 4th quarters, 90% of those missed calls benefited Huntingdon.  Anyone with eyes could see that.  But it's ok to be a homer and say otherwise.   

I still wish y'all best of luck and safe travels! 

I guess I missed something. I thought Huntingdon got called for twice as many fouls as Loretto. Refs took the Fillies out of their game in the 1st quarter. When we cross the river we know we're going to get it.

18 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

I guess I missed something. I thought Huntingdon got called for twice as many fouls as Loretto. Refs took the Fillies out of their game in the 1st quarter. When we cross the river we know we're going to get it.

Probably because they were fouling twice as much. Come on.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

There's a lot of your posts I agree with but not this one.   The reason Huntingdon got called for twice as many fouls as Loretto is because they fouled twice as much.  That would have been called on either side of the river.  Huntingdon came in to this game to play a very physical game with Loretto and they did.  They deserved every foul they got an them some.  I believe they will get to state, but if they play that brand of basketball they'll be having players in foul trouble early and often.  Huntingdon is a good team and it was a physical game tonight.  Loretto did not shoot from the outside very well, but their defense was very good tonight.  Good luck to both teams moving forward.

Karly flops more than Lebron? So she plays like one of the best players in this era? Not a Lebron fan at all but that’s hilarious. Every team tries to rough her up to try and get in her head. She knows that and knows how to handle it.  Huntington did it last night and that’s part of the game. But the officials caused the issue last night. They were terribly inconsistent. They called it tight in the first quarter then everything short of murder was ok after.  Huntington ran a box and one and held Karly from the opening tip. They pushed her, grabbed her. Heck, they tore the face mask off of her in three different occasions. They could’ve gotten called for 20 more fouls than they did. It wasn’t just the physicality that they missed though. The officials were terrible all around. 

Edited by 1MustangFan
Spelling lol
  • Upvote 1

Loretto won by 16. Refs had zero to do with the outcome. It’s over so everyone stop whining. Bottom line is Huntingdon assistants out coached Wilkins because there is no way he came up with this defensive plan on his own. We gave up 20 uncontested treys due to the box and 1 and they knocked down 7-8 of them.

That’s 21 plus points scored with the closest defender not within 10ft of the shooter. Why was this happening? Because we were worried about 1 player, Weathers. When you box and 1 a team it opens the floor up and it never works against a good team.

Wilkins would have had a chance to coach his team to victory in the last few minutes had he not chosen to go with a junk defense instead of doing what got him to the Region Championship in the first place.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

You dont play a pressure defense like Loretto does and not foul. Fillies did foul a lot but so did Loretto. Fillies got whistled for theirs, the Lady Mustangs didn't.

Sorry Croppy, but the fillies fouled on at least 75% of their possessions, loretto may have had a foul that could have been called on 25% of their possessions.  

To put this in perspective.  We were out there playing two hand touch while your girls were playing tackle.

Play with what the refs will let you get away with.  That's an understandable approach, and I can't fault your coach one bit for being extremely rough because it definitely hampered Karly offensively (she balled out on defense).  And not just the blatant blows to the face and shoves, she was held on almost every play.  She tried to break away and 22/23 wrapped her hip or held her Jersey 80% of the time.  All of our girls did a great job contributing on offense (although our 3 point shooting was off), but the officials were a travesty, and your assessment of the game is way off.  Our girls know how to play defense.  We also have a lot of height top to bottom that caused y'all problems.  I understand you're supporting your home team.  And I'll look at these past two posts as that, and disregard your obvious altered state of reality during the game.