TSSAA Region 13A (Sweethearts)

Went to the Greenfield vs Gibson County region championship game and I completely agreed with everything that happened except the co-mvp’s. Just because two good players are on the same team, doesn’t mean that you should have to spare one of their feelings for an award. It’s crazy how a D1 prospect can influence the opinions of basketball fans and coaches. A D1 scholarship doesn’t make you a good player. It’s almost one of the saddest things when a player can get overlooked by a scholarship, when she is clearly the better player. There should be no comparison between the two. Sparing a players feelings doesn’t make them better, it makes them soft. Greenfield wouldn’t be Greenfield without Chloe.  
  • Like 1

Both are great players and I believe are great people, but Chloe Moore is a flat out baller. If I had a vote for 1A Ms. Basketball, I'd vote for Chloe. Darby is a great player and I'm not disrespecting her, but Chloe makes everyone better on that floor and with her passing/dishing the ball tonight....she makes a lot of average players look very good. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, westtnbballfan24 said:
Went to the Greenfield vs Gibson County region championship game and I completely agreed with everything that happened except the co-mvp’s. Just because two good players are on the same team, doesn’t mean that you should have to spare one of their feelings for an award. It’s crazy how a D1 prospect can influence the opinions of basketball fans and coaches. A D1 scholarship doesn’t make you a good player. It’s almost one of the saddest things when a player can get overlooked by a scholarship, when she is clearly the better player. There should be no comparison between the two. Sparing a players feelings doesn’t make them better, it makes them soft. Greenfield wouldn’t be Greenfield without Chloe.  

Not sure I have ever seen a D1 signee not be a good ball player no matter what sport it is 

41 minutes ago, westtnbballfan24 said:

Is this the scholarship players fault because they were named co-MVP? It’s easy for you to hide behind your screen name, but let’s hear what your name is since you have the audacity to come on here and shame a kid publicly. I agree co-MVP’s are a joke, but for you to come on here and post what you have is a joke also. 

Edited by GCPioneer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Is this the scholarship players fault because they were named co-MVP? It’s easy for you to hide behind your screen name, but let’s hear what your name is since you have the audacity to come on here and bash a kid publicly. I agree co-MVP’s are a joke, but for you to come on here and post what you have is a joke also. 

I agree 100%.   This is not a kids fault at all and both are great players.  They both are great kids and make each other better players 

12 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Is this the scholarship players fault because they were named co-MVP? It’s easy for you to hide behind your screen name, but let’s hear what your name is since you have the audacity to come on here and shame a kid publicly. I agree co-MVP’s are a joke, but for you to come on here and post what you have is a joke also. 

Real nice 1'st post on the boards... not. Bet the farm it's just a troll with another account that didn't want the heat under their username. Probably just trying to get a response or cause some terrific kids some grief... what a LOSER!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, westtnbballfan24 said:

People discount the importance of Tess Darby far too much.  She is a dead-eye 3pt shooter, our lone post presence, our best rebounder, and our best post defender by far.  Also, she is the anchor on the back end of our press.  Even if you break the press, she is probably going to block your shot, steal the ball, or force you to back off the fast break.  She has a different role from Chloe, but that doesn't make her any less valuable.  Chloe's role on the team is just far more visible when watching the game because of her play making ability for others and herself, along with her ability to take over games with her elite athletic ability.  I do agree that co-MVP's are not my favorite and Chloe probably should win the award, but people act like Tess is a scrub sometimes and it's simply not true.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JacketPride5 said:

People discount the importance of Tess Darby far too much.  She is a dead-eye 3pt shooter, our lone post presence, our best rebounder, and our best post defender by far.  Also, she is the anchor on the back end of our press.  Even if you break the press, she is probably going to block your shot, steal the ball, or force you to back off the fast break.  She has a different role from Chloe, but that doesn't make her any less valuable.  Chloe's role on the team is just far more visible when watching the game because of her play making ability for others and herself, along with her ability to take over games with her elite athletic ability.  I do agree that co-MVP's are not my favorite and Chloe probably should win the award, but people act like Tess is a scrub sometimes and it's simply not true.

Me and you are on the same page. Both kids are phenomenal players in their own ways. They both compliment each other. This thread here went overboard is what it did. I don’t agree with co-mvp’s at all, but use some common sense when you post.

• Like 1

I also don’t agree with co-mvps. You can’t tell me the vote of the coaches was exactly tied. Also, I believe people’s definition of a mvp is different from mine. I think of if you took that mvp off the team, could you still roll? Greenfield would not still roll without Chloe. Nothing against Tess, but she simply does not have the ability to take over and control a game like Chloe. Chloe is one of the most poised players I have ever seen play

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

I also don’t agree with co-mvps. You can’t tell me the vote of the coaches was exactly tied. Also, I believe people’s definition of a mvp is different from mine. I think of if you took that mvp off the team, could you still roll? Greenfield would not still roll without Chloe. Nothing against Tess, but she simply does not have the ability to take over and control a game like Chloe. Chloe is one of the most poised players I have ever seen play

I am not saying co mvps is the right or wrong thing to do but I can tell you the GC athletic director and principal did it 100% the way the votes were voted.   

They are both great players and would be a different team without either of the two. But I’ll take it a step further as great as those two are they couldn’t win a game without 3 more out there with them. It is still a team sport with role players and bench players who can step up when needed. i bet You Chloe And Tess would tell you if ask how important teamwork is. That being said I believe ether deserve any award they get. But I bet you that gold ball is the end goal. 

• Like 3

I will say this. Both are great players and deserve every honor each of them get. A great PG will trump others in determining individual awards as a rule because they have the added pressure of handling the ball, IMO. Chloe Moore deserves Miss Basketball and she is the one that makes that engine roll. Give me one player I can take off that team to add to mine and it is her. Great PG’s who play with that kind of poise are hard to find. But it is what it is. Tess is a great player as well as Edie and the others are important too.

• Like 1