Upperman

1 hour ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Keep Upperman and the towns of Baxter and Cookeville in your thoughts as they recover from a devastating tornado early Tuesday morning that took many lives. 

Such devastation to Putnam County. When Macon had there’s 12 years ago, I thought we’d never recover. Through all the great support, we made it through. MC is here to support Baxter and Cookeville through such bad times. We are our brothers keeper! You all have our thoughts and prayers throughout Macon County! 

Edited by MCFAN3

On 3/4/2020 at 10:20 PM, MCFAN3 said:

Such devastation to Putnam County. When Macon had there’s 12 years ago, I thought we’d never recover. Through all the great support, we made it through. MC is here to support Baxter and Cookeville through such bad times. We are our brothers keeper! You all have our thoughts and prayers throughout Macon County! 

Thanks Fan.  I remember going to Red Boiling after the 2008 tornado and seeing the destruction there.  The path here was less than a mile from our home.  We just had our last utility restored last night, but it was just an inconvenience for us.  It was total devastation for so many, it's really hard to describe to anyone who hasn't seen it.  We've given furniture and household goods to meet specific needs and the family has volunteered many hours, as have so many others.  Help has also come from many local communities as well as others outside the area.  One group I've seen pretty prominently is the Blount County Sheriff's Office, so thanks to our friends from the Alcoa/Maryville/East Tennessee area and all the others who have given of their time.  We all love high school sports and the article below certainly helps with perspective on the role sports can play.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2020/03/07/girls-basketball-players-lose-homes-tornado-but-not-championship-hopes/4973346002/