Alcoa Transfers - What’s Going On??

Tangledweb

On 3/10/2020 at 7:11 PM, howdoitknow said:

How did he end up at Catholic to begin with?  Does he live in Blount County?  That's not Knoxville.  

I'm definitely not going to say "poor pitiful Knoxville Catholic" when 8th graders at the school I teach and coach at are continuously ending up at places like Ensworth and CPA.  Some of them are the same kids I see at the gas station every single morning when I'm grabbing my breakfast.  Now if it's a kid leaving Austin-East and winding up at Alcoa (i.e. DJ Oggs) then that's a new argument in itself.

Where are you from? What kids continuously end up at cpa/ensworth?

On 3/10/2020 at 10:37 PM, Tangledweb said:

Interesting - perfect time to show up since Alcoa is on Spring break next week. As far as QB1, there is another QB shooting for that position that has already been there a year and then there is the LB/QB who has very close ties to a coach on the team that shared snaps with #14 last year who might have a say in it too. Will be interesting to see what excuse they come up with to make Buckles eligible since he didn’t move out of the private school 20 mile umbrella, so technically he should have to sit out a year. I’ll put $1 on them saying they couldn’t afford the tuition at Catholic so they had to move to a public school.....

#8 does not want to be under center. It will be 2 ex Catholic QB's battle for the job.

48 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

#8 does not want to be under center. It will be 2 ex Catholic QB's battle for the job.

We shall see, but I would say you are wrong. He is the perfect Alcoa QB, power left, power right, bubble, screen, if the receiver called is not open, don’t look for another receiver just tuck the ball and run.....the 2 Catholic QBs will be battling for 2nd half snaps!

On 3/13/2020 at 4:29 PM, Tangledweb said:

We shall see, but I would say you are wrong. He is the perfect Alcoa QB, power left, power right, bubble, screen, if the receiver called is not open, don’t look for another receiver just tuck the ball and run.....the 2 Catholic QBs will be battling for 2nd half snaps!

#8 will have special plays under center, but will not be the starting QB. #8 and #1 will continue where they left off in the championship game! #8's move mid-season on defense made a great defense unreal. #8 was MVP of the championship game for a reason! 

Alcoa can not go back to throwing less than 5 times a game like they did in 2019 against Maryville.  With a balanced offensive attack with 10+ passes, and Alcoa's defense it is a different ballgame:

Why yes, Alcoa can throw the football!

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 9:03 AM, BCsportsfan said:

#8 will have special plays under center, but will not be the starting QB. #8 and #1 will continue where they left off in the championship game! #8's move mid-season on defense made a great defense unreal. #8 was MVP of the championship game for a reason! 

Alcoa can not go back to throwing less than 5 times a game like they did in 2019 against Maryville.  With a balanced offensive attack with 10+ passes, and Alcoa's defense it is a different ballgame:

Why yes, Alcoa can throw the football!

They can throw it but will they? Isn’t that the reason Vaulton is leaving? And didn’t moving Blankenship from linebacker push him out the door?

On 3/5/2020 at 2:32 PM, Tangledweb said:

Hmm, so he’s not tossin it now but wants to go to Alcoa???? 

u ant heard....w/ Rankin contimplatin his next move.....Aluminum city and its bandit of Gooners have told that boy they r transitionin to Hal Mummies Air Raid

Booger just sayin ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very exciter for Grey Carroll going to Georgia Tech and myself included that Tennessee may have missed the boat on this one for sure. I've brought it up many times before that I've heard it first hand from the right people that most recruiters label Alcoa as a gamble because of playing in 3A. I don't like it either but it is what it is.