Alcoa Transfers - What’s Going On??

Tangledweb

12 minutes ago, HTV said:

They don't have any choice but to play Heritage and William Blount.  Those are region games.  

They have played Alcoa forever, and over the past few years they have played Fulton annually, and they have had Catholic on the schedule up until last year.  They also have Farragut on the schedule non-region. Those aren't exactly cup cakes.  They played Oakland home and home in the regular season.  

It's not just as easy as "scheduling an out of state team".  I know for a fact that they have talked to a good number of out of state teams about playing.  Those teams have to agree to it, too, and travel costs and dates are a factor for both there.  Those games have to make financial sense.  

Perhaps other schools need to worry about getting themselves better instead of complaining about who the Maryvilles, Alcoas, Greenevilles, now Knoxville Central belongs in that group, etcs are or aren't playing non region.  

Careful with all those facts HTV. You are going to ruin all their fun with Barney. You can add AC Reynolds out of Asheville to the list of schools they have had conversations with.

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Who says Murvul fans wont travel? How do you know, They NEVER travel!!!!:lol:

Murvul could play Grayson, Marietta , McEachern, or Rome High School About 3 hours a part.  Alcoa travels that far in state! Then, Alabama teams like Hoover,Thompson, or Center High School in Phenix City!

Step up big boy!!!:thumb: ESPN does cross state games every year! I'm sure they would sign up the state championship 6A team in TN! 

Maryville fans get car sick after about an hour, we're all use to flying.

1 hour ago, HTV said:

They don't have any choice but to play Heritage and William Blount.  Those are region games.  

They have played Alcoa forever, and over the past few years they have played Fulton annually, and they have had Catholic on the schedule up until last year.  They also have Farragut on the schedule non-region. Those aren't exactly cup cakes.  They played Oakland home and home in the regular season.  

It's not just as easy as "scheduling an out of state team".  I know for a fact that they have talked to a good number of out of state teams about playing.  Those teams have to agree to it, too, and travel costs and dates are a factor for both there.  Those games have to make financial sense.  

Perhaps other schools need to worry about getting themselves better instead of complaining about who the Maryvilles, Alcoas, Greenevilles, now Knoxville Central belongs in that group, etcs are or aren't playing non region.  

HTV I want you to know i agree with everything you just said. I am well aware of the people Maryville has been playing and for the record I have no problem with Maryville or Alcoa’s schedule. I agree other teams should focus on getting better. I think you just saw the short term of this conversation. For months Barney has been spewing about Alcoa and how they need to play up like I commented about maryville. I was not serious it was tongue and cheek directed at him. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Loudon County students can not pay tuition and go to Lenior City?  Probably, would not want to but it should be possible?

Yeah, you make a good point. I guess I was considering the out-of-county issue. My feeble mind can't keep up with everything.. They should have passed the one-time transfer rule. And also Loudon County should have passed. The tuition deal for all of Loudon County Schools. Never was a problem for them until last year when Alcoa put Loudon out. Then a lot of Loudon County folks on the other side of the lake started complaining. About not having enough Firepower to take on the tornadoes, LOL.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Maryville fans get car sick after about an hour, we're all use to flying.

YOU slap Alcoa around about their schedule and that they need to play up.......I counter about YOUR teams schedule and this is ALL YOU got?!  Especially, from someone that watches games online because the coupons on the game tickets don't meet your requirement! :lol:

Now, go clean up YOUR mess!

image.jpeg.43d83a2cca0a798af60ceb9c0c699945.jpeg

15 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

HTV I want you to know i agree with everything you just said. I am well aware of the people Maryville has been playing and for the record I have no problem with Maryville or Alcoa’s schedule. I agree other teams should focus on getting better. I think you just saw the short term of this conversation. For months Barney has been spewing about Alcoa and how they need to play up like I commented about maryville. I was not serious it was tongue and cheek directed at him. 

It is obvious barney is a big whiner!:thumb: 

27 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

YOU slap Alcoa around about their schedule and that they need to play up.......I counter about YOUR teams schedule and this is ALL YOU got?!  Especially, from someone that watches games online because the coupons on the game tickets don't meet your requirement! :lol:

Now, go clean up YOUR mess!

image.jpeg.43d83a2cca0a798af60ceb9c0c699945.jpeg

Two schools that are drawing from other schools end up playing each other for the championship. It's that simple. You'll win in 5 A and have a better time doing it. 

15 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Gotcha.  

Thanks.  

19 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Loudon County students can not pay tuition and go to Lenior City?  Probably, would not want to but it should be possible?

Loudon County residents in the north part of the county can go to LC tuition free. North Middle (Loudon County) is a big feeder into LCHS. 

16 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So I was collateral damage. LOL. You eat at Famous Recipe with a few GOONS and you become one.

Once again... LOL

1 minute ago, Red Rebels said:

So I was collateral damage. LOL. You eat at Famous Recipe with a few GOONS and you become one.

Once again... LOL

I have broken bread with some of the mafia as well. Next time I am in your neck of the woods you should come too. And for what it’s worth I’ve been eating Lees for decades. The one in Milan is better than the one in Alcoa but both are good. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 9:42 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

Big Boy Football isn't 3A and you know that. Needs to be a multiplier rule on tuition students and you know that.  Eventually football will be a game of the past if same schools dominate a class with an unfair advantage, and apparently you're not understanding that for some reason. I look for who ever takes Grandpa Steal A Trophy's place one day to possibly do that because they at least are smart enough to see it knowing they came from Maryville.

Did you know Pearl Cohn 3a beat MBA that played state title game in big private

They beat Independence hs that lost in 2nd rd of 6a playoffs 

they beat cane ridge that lost to Ravenwood in 3rd of 6a playoffs 

little ol’ 3A schools thats not big boy ball