Alcoa Transfers - What’s Going On??

Tangledweb

On 3/31/2020 at 10:10 AM, BarneySox2007 said:I've brought it up many times before that I've heard it first hand from the right people that most recruiters label Alcoa as a gamble because of playing in 3A. I don't like it either but it is what it is. 

They don’t care what level you play at. All they care about is size and speed. 6a or 1a makes no difference. Just size and speed

On 4/5/2020 at 8:46 PM, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

They don’t care what level you play at. All they care about is size and speed. 6a or 1a makes no difference. Just size and speed

They say if you tell that to yourself long enough you'll actually start believing it. I can't control how they look at things at UT but I do know how they think over there. I watched the kid from Coalfield everyone talked about since he was in the 8th grade go over there and fall flat mainly because he was blocking pint size kids in high school  and everything changed when he was facing a different type player at UT, a grown man.

8 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

They say if you tell that to yourself long enough you'll actually start believing it. I can't control how they look at things at UT but I do know how they think over there. I watched the kid from Coalfield everyone talked about since he was in the 8th grade go over there and fall flat mainly because he was blocking pint size kids in high school  and everything changed when he was facing a different type player at UT, a grown man.

If you are talking and using the Stewart kid from Coalfield as an example you have no idea what you are talking about. You should look up his story. Had nothing to do with him being able to play there

• Like 1

Let me add. No coach in college from another state looking at a kid has time to worry about who the other team is or how big the school is or what level they play on in that state. All they see is speed and size on film. Thats is What peaks the Interest. Then they come to the school sometimes to see if the kid looks the part as they see it on film
At any camp you go to coaches or scouts never ask a kid how big their school is or what level in their state they play at. They only care about speed and size

10 hours ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

Let me add. No coach in college from another state looking at a kid has time to worry about who the other team is or how big the school is or what level they play on in that state. All they see is speed and size on film. Thats is What peaks the Interest. Then they come to the school sometimes to see if the kid looks the part as they see it on film
At any camp you go to coaches or scouts never ask a kid how big their school is or what level in their state they play at. They only care about speed and size

Before you go and get your liver in a quiver I personally want to see as many kids go to UT around here as possible no matter what school their from but they seem to disqualify a lot of good kids from the area for one reason or another. Usually they want you as a preferred walk on and if you can't cut the mustard then nothing lost on their part. I love to see local kids that they shunned come back and stick it to them like Cassen Garrison and Robinette. I was also pulling for Randall Cobb and Tyler Robinson to beat them also. 

20 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

No his mom died before he arrived to campus. He didn't fall, he never got the chance. 

On 4/5/2020 at 7:46 PM, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

Unfortunately, this is not true, and stats based off recruiting numbers will proved that. 

22 hours ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

I believe you're misguided about what goes on inside colleges based off recruiting and how that works. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 1:58 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Barn,

Alcoa's Jr class this has two guys with SEC offers and Carroll would have if he hadn't committed early to an ACC school. That's pretty good for any class from any school in TN. Two others will likely get an ACC offer and a possible SEC offer. Another has a shot.

Also I can name very high rated kids from all schools no matter what size that didn't pan out in college.

Pahokee high school is an example of a smaller school that produces high level college talent on a regular basis. Heath Shuler was heavily recruited from small Swain County high school. Alcoa has produced three NFL players since 1989. That's pretty good.

On 4/7/2020 at 12:58 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Yeah, playing in 1A really seemed to hurt Patrick Willis's game...not. If you can play you can play regardless of where you went to high school