Alcoa Transfers - What’s Going On??

Tangledweb

California Dream
All the leaves are brown (all the leaves are brown)
And the sky is grey (and the sky is grey)
I've been for a walk (I've been for a walk)
On a winter's day (on a winter's day)
I'd be safe and warm (I'd be safe and warm)
If I was in L.A. (if I was in L.A.)
California dreamin' (California dreamin')
On such a winter's day
Stopped into a church
I passed along the way
Well, I got down on my knees (got down on my knees)
And I pretend to pray (I pretend to pray)
You know the preacher like the cold (preacher like the cold)
He knows I'm gonna stay (knows I'm gonna stay)
On such a winter's day
All the leaves are brown (all the leaves are brown)
And the sky is grey (and the sky is grey)
I've been for a walk (I've been for a walk)
On a winter's day (on a winter's day)
If I didn't tell her (if I didn't tell her)
I could leave today (I could leave today)
On such a winter's day (California dreamin')
On such a winter's day (California dreamin')
On such a winter's day

8 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Honestly if and like I say if 14 and 7 were to leave which I hope not I believe the next to step up would be just fine. I'm looking forward for some good things out of number 40 this coming year and also the young man that came from Sevier County last year.

#40 is going to be crazy good!

The best 8th grader in the state will be in Maroon!

8 hours ago, reevesr said:

How most Alcoa players and coaches feel!!

giphy.gif

I bet a fly on the wall at Gary's house yesterday might say different, might of went like this. "Well honey all my good players are leaving because someone has fed'em full of nonsense that the grass is greener on the other side of the hill, then all the baloney I took off those two knuckleheads on the school board plus I own every record in the book and I sure wouldn't mind seeing the boy play on Saturday instead of dealing with another season of why ain't Johnny playing more not to mention Eagleton opening up trying to steal my players back. Think it might be a good time to say enough is enough.

They getting the QB from catholic he was the back up to Martin this year. They still have tons of players so they want be missing 7 at all. Why not replace him with younger kid that has more years in the tank. Now if they lost 1 then that is a whole different story. 

39 minutes ago, uofl said:

They getting the QB from catholic he was the back up to Martin this year. They still have tons of players so they want be missing 7 at all. Why not replace him with younger kid that has more years in the tank. Now if they lost 1 then that is a whole different story. 

“If they lost 1 then that is a whole different story.” - now that’s funny, he is a very good player, probably the best in the state at that position, but both Alcoa and Maryville machines do not depend on just one player to make or break them. It’s always next up - these teams dominate based on being well coached teams, not just individual player talent! That’s what sets them apart as great teams compared to other really good teams that depend on individual talent more than anything!

Edited by Tangledweb

Tristan Blankenship was one of my favorite players to watch! It will be a big loss. But, he was being used on offense more at the end of the season. The changes that Coach Nix did moving #1 and #8 made the Alcoa defense bad to the bone! Just ask Pearl Cohn! Having them back this season will keep the Defense in kill mode!:-o

Blankenship ran the ball hard,.......like a FB with speed. The good thing is, Alcoa's always has a full house of RB's. I look for #15 to have a great senior year. 

Then there's another Blankenship in the pipeline, that some say is better than his older brother? Even if he is "as good" that's great news!:thumb:

Best luck and wishes to #14 and #7! I am sure you'll be playing FBS football on Saturday!

Looking forward to seeing the two ex Catholic QB's compete for the starting position. The one good thing about Sam leaving is................................................ preventing Maryville from getting a QB! Ha! 

f8fad5833b08208380a9d1c5e6eadaf848372a94.gifv?fbclid=IwAR0PHsxOo4hWPog17SusNfPNITFD301cYk2vAK2C2HAlub5SnctM54F68Fw

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Tristan Blankenship was one of my favorite players to watch! It will be a big loss. But, he was being used on offense more at the end of the season. The changes that Coach Nix did moving #1 and #8 made the Alcoa defense bad to the bone! Just ask Pearl Cohn! Having them back this season will keep the Defense in kill mode!:-o

Blankenship ran the ball hard,.......like a FB with speed. The good thing is, Alcoa's always has a full house of RB's. I look for #15 to have a great senior year. 

Then there's another Blankenship in the pipeline, that some say is better than his older brother? Even if he is "as good" that's great news!:thumb:

Best luck and wishes to #14 and #7! I am sure you'll be playing FBS football on Saturday!

Looking forward to seeing the two ex Catholic QB's compete for the starting position. The one good thing about Sam leaving is................................................ preventing Maryville from getting a QB! Ha! 

f8fad5833b08208380a9d1c5e6eadaf848372a94.gifv?fbclid=IwAR0PHsxOo4hWPog17SusNfPNITFD301cYk2vAK2C2HAlub5SnctM54F68Fw

1 Maryville has a QB

B Isn’t there a distance rule from transferring from private to public?