Lady Hog-Eye Terminated?

panther14

Totally unbelievable to me. I’ve known Lesley since her playing days, following her coaching career from Oneida to Farragut and LA and coached AAU with her for years. She bleeds LA blue and poured her heart and soul into that program. She’s a great coach, mentor and person. What a great loss for that program, players, and future Wildcats! If I had a daughter I can’t think of a Coach I would want her to play for more than Lesley. The wins and basketball development would be important but the work ethic, character and life lessons would be invaluable. 

16 hours ago, lastrong said:

heard again tonight that superintendent wanted her out badly. york coach top of list and melton is number 2. she was a great coach and great person. hope they don't mess this up worse.

Has the talent pool went down? I know she was a good coach. Jackson County has went through a dry spell and rebuilding. Just wondering.

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Has the talent pool went down? I know she was a good coach. Jackson County has went through a dry spell and rebuilding. Just wondering.

Haven't shown much progress over the last few years. Heard Garrett is out and the coach from york has it if he wants. Leslie gave us some great years but failed off at the end. Hiring the Jamestown guy is the only way to right this wrong.

This is what happens when a few parents with long money influence the hiring/firing of coaches. The parents  behind this have kids that couldn’t play mama pig, much less high school basketball.

Bottom line, players win games and when the talent is not there then you could raise Coach Summitt from her grave (god rest her soul) and even she could not win with this pack of scrubs.

2 hours ago, lastrong said:

Haven't shown much progress over the last few years. Heard Garrett is out and the coach from york has it if he wants. Leslie gave us some great years but failed off at the end. Hiring the Jamestown guy is the only way to right this wrong.

Maybe not much progress in the win column. With the talent level she was handed she did miraculous works there. Sad to say but those girls could barely dribble a ball. Much less shoot it. She had them competing and working hard. Jamestown guy won’t be able to do much better. This is a political move and one that will backfire 

On 3/5/2020 at 9:46 PM, pioneer42 said:

What is up with Livingston Academy? They were a powerhouse for a while. I know Jackson County has been down too. I know they have a team full of freshman now we played them this summer. Our JV did. They may be back in a couple of years.

Not sure why anyone would want to take this job. If they will fire Leslie they will fire anyone else too.  My last guess is they have some other LOCAL person to replace her.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

York coach isn't going anywhere. Lol. Plus no Walmart's here. 

Interesting time in Livingston. Find me another coach that wins 69% of the time. 456-205 at Livingston Academy. Seven state appearances. One gold. One silver. Countless district and region championships. 

• Like 1