2020 District 14AA

LetMeHearYA

The season kicks off in a few days and District 14AA goes at it the very 1st day of the season. Last season, 14AA sent two teams to Sub-state but Chester County lost to Haywood and McNairy lost to eventual State Champion Covington for the 2nd straight year. I don't see 2020 being any different than the past few years. I think it will be a battle once again that can include up to 5 teams. No clear cut favorite but I would choose Lexington based on amount of experience coming back in the line up.

5 teams of Contenders

Lexington- I believe they have the most coming back in their lineup. I was told Dyersburg State commit Chandler Chick had surgery in the offseason and I'm not sure if he will be available. If he is out, they have lost their top two pitchers. If Lessenberry arm is healthy he will help on the mound. Stanfill, McClure, Lessenberry, Bard, and Scott are returning from good offense seasons.

Scotts Hill- Scotts Hill won the regular season district. Scotts Hill lost all of their main pitching from last season and wasnt deep after their to 3. They will need some guys to step up on the mound this season. They also lost a good bit of their hitting as well. They will be led by Freed-Hardeman commit Nathan Lewis behind the plate. I believe Ty Martin missed most of last year and getting him back will help the lineup. Crews and Montgomery will be other returning contributors that are coming off good seasons last year.

Riverside- Riverside is another team that will need some guys to step up on the mound. They weren't very deep there last year and lost their top guys. They also lost some of their top bats but return the district offensive player of the year Blankenship along with Reddix and Long who had good years last seasons. 

Chester Co- District Tourny Runner-up and Region Champ. Chester Co caught fire at the right time last year and made a run in the playoffs to a Substate berth. They will be led once again by Freed-Hardeman commit Colton Huntt. When he is on the mound, he gives Chester Co a chance to win the game. Chester will need to find a couple more guys to go along with him on the mound. Huntt also leads the team on offense and will have some help with Collins and Armour coming off good junior seasons. 

McNairy- Defending back2back District Tourny Champs and back2back Region Runner-Ups. McNairy finally put it together at tournament time last year to go undefeated in the District tourney but a loss to Chester in the Region forced them to go to Covington. McNairy returned over half their lineup and only lost 2 pitchers from last season. I would have had them as the favorite with Lexington but the preseason hasnt been to kind. The loss of 2 starters to disciplinary reason has hit the lineup and pitching staff. Then, the loss of All District CF Will Clifton to injury put a large dent in the lineup and defense. McNairy will be led by Southwest signee Dru Yopp and Union signee Tanner Parmely. Yopp could be one of the top pitchers in the district this year. Some of the younger guys will have to step up to help him out on the mound this year. The return of Latham could be a big help on the mound and lineup as he missed last season with a knee injury from football. Peyton Brown is coming off a good sophomore campaign and will be another big contributor in the lineup.

The rest of the district

Southside- Southside graduated a lot of their production on the mound and offensively from last year. They will be a really young team this year. By the roster I saw, they will only have 1 Senior and 1 Junior this season.

Northside- Northside is in the same boat as Southside. They graduated a lot of production from last season. After being competitive the last few season, it looks like they maybe taking a step back this season. They will be led by Drake Dingledine offensively and on the mound this season.

Adamsville- I'm thinking Adamsville will be young again this season. They graduated a couple of their top hitters and pitchers from last year but played a lot of young players. One player to look at for them will be Carson Plunk.

Week 1 District Schedule 

Series of the Week

Chester Co vs Scotts Hill

Last season's Regular season District Champions take on the defending Region Champions. Its opening day but this series could end up having a huge impact on how the district shakes out two months from now.

Riverside vs Lexington

McNairy vs Southside 

Adamsville vs Northside

Edited by LetMeHearYA

11 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

The season kicks off in a few days and District 14AA goes at it the very 1st day of the season. Last season, 14AA sent two teams to Sub-state but Chester County lost to Haywood and McNairy lost to eventual State Champion Covington for the 2nd straight year. I don't see 2020 being any different than the past few years. I think it will be a battle once again that can include up to 5 teams. No clear cut favorite but I would choose Lexington based on amount of experience coming back in the line up.

5 teams of Contenders

Lexington- I believe they have the most coming back in their lineup. I was told Dyersburg State commit Chandler Chick had surgery in the offseason and I'm not sure if he will be available. If he is out, they have lost their top two pitchers. If Lessenberry arm is healthy he will help on the mound. Stanfill, McClure, Lessenberry, Bard, and Scott are returning from good offense seasons.

Scotts Hill- Scotts Hill won the regular season district. Scotts Hill lost all of their main pitching from last season and wasnt deep after their to 3. They will need some guys to step up on the mound this season. They also lost a good bit of their hitting as well. They will be led by Freed-Hardeman commit Nathan Lewis behind the plate. I believe Ty Martin missed most of last year and getting him back will help the lineup. Crews and Montgomery will be other returning contributors that are coming off good seasons last year.

Riverside- Riverside is another team that will need some guys to step up on the mound. They weren't very deep there last year and lost their top guys. They also lost some of their top bats but return the district offensive player of the year Blankenship along with Reddix and Long who had good years last seasons. 

Chester Co- District Tourny Runner-up and Region Champ. Chester Co caught fire at the right time last year and made a run in the playoffs to a Substate berth. They will be led once again by Freed-Hardeman commit Colton Huntt. When he is on the mound, he gives Chester Co a chance to win the game. Chester will need to find a couple more guys to go along with him on the mound. Huntt also leads the team on offense and will have some help with Collins and Armour coming off good junior seasons. 

McNairy- Defending back2back District Tourny Champs and back2back Region Runner-Ups. McNairy finally put it together at tournament time last year to go undefeated in the District tourney but a loss to Chester in the Region forced them to go to Covington. McNairy returned over half their lineup and only lost 2 pitchers from last season. I would have had them as the favorite with Lexington but the preseason hasnt been to kind. The loss of 2 starters to disciplinary reason has hit the lineup and pitching staff. Then, the loss of All District CF Will Clifton to injury put a large dent in the lineup and defense. McNairy will be led by Southwest signee Dru Yopp and Union signee Tanner Parmely. Yopp could be one of the top pitchers in the district this year. Some of the younger guys will have to step up to help him out on the mound this year. The return of Latham could be a big help on the mound and lineup as he missed last season with a knee injury from football. Peyton Brown is coming off a good sophomore campaign and will be another big contributor in the lineup.

The rest of the district

Southside- Southside graduated a lot of their production on the mound and offensively from last year. They will be a really young team this year. By the roster I saw, they will only have 1 Senior and 1 Junior this season.

Northside- Northside is in the same boat as Southside. They graduated a lot of production from last season. After being competitive the last few season, it looks like they maybe taking a step back this season. They will be led by Drake Dingledine offensively and on the mound this season.

Adamsville- I'm thinking Adamsville will be young again this season. They graduated a couple of their top hitters and pitchers from last year but played a lot of young players. One player to look at for them will be Carson Plunk.

Weakest the district has been in a while.

On 3/10/2020 at 12:25 AM, LetMeHearYA said:

Monday's Results

Chester split with Scotts Hill 16-0, 11-16

Riverside over Lexington 4-2

McNairy over Southside 12-11 (8)

Adamsville vs Northside cancelled

Your review was spot on... Chester County's ace is good, and when Huntt is on the mound they are a different team. If they develop #'s 2 and 3 in the rotation, they will definitely be in the mix. Scotts Hill has some good young arms, and a couple of upper classmen who are steady, but no dominant #1. Our catcher does a great job behind the plate, and If the bottom of our rotation matures throughout the season, I think we'll be just fine when it counts.

It may or may not make a difference this season, but our future looks bright. Most of our local travel ball and league kids have been standouts on their respective teams, and could start to have an impact even this year... the freshmen have already shown promise, and another great group will enroll this summer.