2020 Class A Sectionals Discussion

TribalEmpire

9 hours ago, crimsontide43 said:

Eagleville wins

Clay County beat a very good Eagleville team on the road tonight. Great game, much closer than score indicated. Atchlock has his best game of the year, dominated down low all game. Gunner Silk deserves a lot of praise after the defense he put on the Mr Basketball candidate from Eagleville.  Cannot say enough about the job he did. Mr. Basketball candidate for next year, Grant Strong continues to improve and impress. The young man  can score the bucket. This was a total team effort and Coach Edwards proved once again why Clay County should give him a pay raise.  Upper Cumberland sweep as I predicted. 

Never doubt me!

Edited by UCSportsFan

Just now, Purple & Gold Standard said:

BTW 68 Madison 51 ... Going to take some huge efforts to keep from MAHS and BTW playing for the Gold Ball ...

When you’re recruiting from a pool of 2 million they should absolutely be the favorites every year. How many new players you get this year?  Penny still got that shuttle service going?  Next year each team will have 4-5 new recruits from the AAU circuit switch schools for the 2nd or 3rd time and just plug and play. I know the rest of the state is somehow supposed to turn a blind eye to all this illegal activity because it’s “Memphis” but I will forever be against any school out of Memphis playing at any level other than AAA or Div II. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

When you’re recruiting from a pool of 2 million they should absolutely be the favorites every year. How many new players you get this year?  Penny still got that shuttle service going?  Next year each team will have 4-5 new recruits from the AAU circuit switch schools for the 2nd or 3rd time and just plug and play. I know the rest of the state is somehow supposed to turn a blind eye to all this illegal activity because it’s “Memphis” but I will forever be against any school out of Memphis playing at any level other than AAA or Div II. 

:roflol:

If BTW or MAHS recruited these players from the AAU circuit then the cupboard was pretty dry this year. Don’t get me wrong, solid players but nothing like UCSportsFan is thinking. 

Class A Boys State Championship up for grabs.

BTW

MAHS

Monterey

Clay County

Loretto

East Robertson

Oneida

Hampton

1 minute ago, MrMiyagi said:

If BTW or MAHS recruited these players from the AAU circuit then the cupboard was pretty dry this year. Don’t get me wrong, solid players but nothing like UCSportsFan is thinking. 

Class A Boys State Championship up for grabs.

BTW

MAHS

Monterey

Clay County

Loretto

East Robertson

Oneida

Hampton

I could be wrong I’m not that familiar with Memphis so not sure how far Penny’s shuttle goes out or in. I stay at the Peabody when I’m there so anything past that and I’m lost. 

5 minutes ago, MrMiyagi said:

Don’t get me wrong, solid players but nothing like UCSportsFan is thinking. 

UCSportsfan does this every year concerning schools from the city, not just Memphis. He whines  a lot, but we love him just the same.

Edited by kwc