2020 Class A Sectionals Discussion

TribalEmpire

10 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Just trying to stir the pot a little in case there’s a newbie out there ready to hit the bobber and take it to the willow bush lol

These are shallow waters, you are bound to get a hit!

LOL!

Edited by kwc

2 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

It will interesting to see how the draw turns out. 2 teams out of district 6A will be opposite as will the Memphis teams. 

I like that. Let teams from the same area get away from each other, and let's see what they can do!

5 minutes ago, MrMiyagi said:

Seen some comparing MAHS & BTW to those Memphis Mitchell teams. I think even kwc would admit (behind closed doors of course) that those MM teams would put a beat down on these teams. 

Those Mitchell teams were stacked. And before them,  I remember coaching against Reginald Buckner in the state. Man child. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

4 minutes ago, MrMiyagi said:

Seen some comparing MAHS & BTW to those Memphis Mitchell teams. I think even kwc would admit (behind closed doors of course) that those MM teams would put a beat down on these teams. 

Guilty!

I watched all those MM teams, played against two of em...they were at a whole different level then seen since '16....The 14 and 15 MM teams were even better than the 16 team

1 minute ago, MrMiyagi said:

Those MM teams were coached by Faragi Phillips who is now on the Vanderbilt staff. However, those two A Memphis area teams are pretty tough, especially BTW. Two of their 3 losses on the season came at the hands of AAA Whitehaven. They played Whitehaven three (3) times this year, and won one of them. Whitehaven is a veteran team that is in the AAA state tournament this season. Behind closed doors or not, that BTW team has some DAWGS on it and they are ready to roll.

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

When you’re recruiting from a pool of 2 million they should absolutely be the favorites every year. How many new players you get this year?  Penny still got that shuttle service going?  Next year each team will have 4-5 new recruits from the AAU circuit switch schools for the 2nd or 3rd time and just plug and play. I know the rest of the state is somehow supposed to turn a blind eye to all this illegal activity because it’s “Memphis” but I will forever be against any school out of Memphis playing at any level other than AAA or Div II. 

This is a typical response from someone outside of Memphis. FYI BTW has 6 seniors, 4 been at BTW since 6th grade and the other 2 since 9th grade. I understand Memphis is "different" from the rest of Tennessee. Nonetheless, 5 teams from Shelby County will see you in Murfreesboro next week, including BTW, MAHS, Wooddale and Whitehaven all from the inner city. We bringing Houston along as well. 

Edited by Nodoginthwhunt

1 minute ago, Nodoginthwhunt said:

This is a typical response from someone outside of Memphis. FYI BTW has 6 seniors, 4 been at BTW since 6th grade and the other 2 since 9th grade. I understand Memphis is "different" from the rest of Tennessee. Nonetheless, 5 teams from Shelby County will see you in Murfreesboro next week, including BTW, MAHS, Wooddale and Whitehaven all from the inner city. We bringing Arlington along as well. 

Ding, ding, ding, ding, diiiiiiinnnnnggggg!

LOL, All the way to the bottom!