Macon vs Red Bank AA Sectional

tnchad1980

Who goes to Murfreesboro  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Macon Co.
    • Red Bank

49 minutes ago, tnchad1980 said:

Macon County  (31-1) hosts Red Bank ( 27-6)  in the Jungle as MCHS. These 2 teams do not have any common opponents.  Can Red Bank pull the upset in Lafayette, or does Macon return to the 'Boro. Who  takes this and why??

Macon wins by 20+ at home, that place will be rocking Saturday night, believe me I know because Meigs got to experience it last year lol, RB will be the bigger team and they will score if they get the ball instead, but they don’t handle the ball very well because they lost their PG to a knee injury, Macon should be able to put a lot of pressure on them and turn them over. I say it will be close the first half and then Macon will pull away.

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

Macon wins by 20+ at home, that place will be rocking Saturday night, believe me I know because Meigs got to experience it last year lol, RB will be the bigger team and they will score if they get the ball instead, but they don’t handle the ball very well because they lost their PG to a knee injury, Macon should be able to put a lot of pressure on them and turn them over. I say it will be close the first half and then Macon will pull away.

In another thread I think you mentioned that Red Bank’s District (6AA) may be the worst in the state. I was looking at Red Bank’s Schedule and noticed they played a lot of bad teams, is their record a result of a poor schedule or are they really just superior to their opponents?

Also you didn’t get the real “Lafayette experience” since the new school and gym have nothing on the old one downtown. That place rocked on a Tuesday night vs Anyone. Putting in those chair back seats ruined the crowd interaction more so than wooden bleachers that “encouraged” people to stand. Plus the school was right in the heart of the town so everyone was involved in the team. 

3 hours ago, Khall555 said:

In another thread I think you mentioned that Red Bank’s District (6AA) may be the worst in the state. I was looking at Red Bank’s Schedule and noticed they played a lot of bad teams, is their record a result of a poor schedule or are they really just superior to their opponents?

Also you didn’t get the real “Lafayette experience” since the new school and gym have nothing on the old one downtown. That place rocked on a Tuesday night vs Anyone. Putting in those chair back seats ruined the crowd interaction more so than wooden bleachers that “encouraged” people to stand. Plus the school was right in the heart of the town so everyone was involved in the team. 

Poor schedule.

12 minutes ago, 90warrior said:

Macon by as many as they want. They are the best team in tn all classifications..

Macon is really good but Bradley is the best team I have seen this year, there size and speed makes it really hard for any team to match up with them. But I do agree that Macon win this game by a lot.

7 hours ago, 85warrior said:

I agree 90warrior. I've seen Bradley and Macon this year and Macon was the better team by quite a lot.

Bradley slips past Tullahoma tonight.

Macon just destroyed Red Bank by as many as they wanted to.

They didn’t want it to be 60 because it could have been Gregory had 22 points Carter had 19 and Red Banks team had 22 when the starting 5 was pulled.

Red Bank got a technical before the game started because a player was wearing a different uniform, has anyone seen this before?

Red Bank had clearly not faced anyone of that caliber this year. They got Frustrated and twice kicked Macon players but The refs took pity on them and didn’t call a Technical (when it clearly should have been) then the refs called a bunch of cheap fouls on Macon’s 3 string players in 4th. to make it appear closer than it was.

26 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

They didn’t want it to be 60 because it could have been Gregory had 22 points Carter had 19 and Red Banks team had 22 when the starting 5 was pulled.

Red Bank got a technical before the game started because a player was wearing a different uniform, has anyone seen this before?

Red Bank had clearly not faced anyone of that caliber this year. They got Frustrated and twice kicked Macon players but The refs took pity on them and didn’t call a Technical (when it clearly should have been) then the refs called a bunch of cheap fouls on Macon’s 3 string players in 4th. to make it appear closer than it was.

The technical was because the Red Bank Coach put down the wrong number for one of the players.