Pearl-Cohn vs East Nashville

ecu

11 hours ago, Observation said:

Community played the same teams they always play. I am pretty sure it’s for financial reasons because all their non district games are their old district where their student enrollments are closer together than in their own district. The ones they usually don’t play were AAA teams. They beat Warren County and Tullahoma both of which won their districts. They swept Eagleville who had a mr basketball winner and was a sectional team. I believe these schedules are done in spring so hard to tell sometimes who will be good. A friend of mine who would know said they went to camp in Maryville and the BCAT camp in Memphis and played some good competition. Weak schedule had nothing to do with them losing the sectional game. They were up 29-20 at half against East and led most of the third quarter. East went on a run and got the lead and then Community in the 4th started fouling and east made free throws. This was not a blow out by and stretch. Community held their own in this game. I just don’t think it’s fair for everyone to be downing their schedule when in years past no one said anything about any of the other teams in the district schedule. Nolensville played a lot of Nashville and larger schools probably because of travel and they are closer in size and they lost round one of the region at home to Creekwood. Did the tough schedule cause them to lose? Creekwood just probably made more shots that night. I saw Nolensville against Forest and they were a solid team. Community wasn’t only beating teams they did it pretty handily because they defended well and made shots the games I saw. All credit to East they made the plays late to win but Community was right there til the end. 

I know a gentlemen that won 14 small school state championships in another state.  He personally told me that it was his job to make his schedule so difficult that the team would lose around five games throughout the season.  He would not only play the top teams in his state but they would also travel (driving distance) to surrounding states to play their top ranked teams regardless of classification.  He wanted them to not only learn how to rebound from a loss but to also get accustomed as to how you put teams away when you are up, play from behind late in the game but more importantly  he wanted to play teams that played a different style than his team.  You must admit that 14 state championships is pretty impressive regardless of classification.

12 hours ago, Observation said:

Community played the same teams they always play. I am pretty sure it’s for financial reasons because all their non district games are their old district where their student enrollments are closer together than in their own district. The ones they usually don’t play were AAA teams. They beat Warren County and Tullahoma both of which won their districts. They swept Eagleville who had a mr basketball winner and was a sectional team. I believe these schedules are done in spring so hard to tell sometimes who will be good. A friend of mine who would know said they went to camp in Maryville and the BCAT camp in Memphis and played some good competition. Weak schedule had nothing to do with them losing the sectional game. They were up 29-20 at half against East and led most of the third quarter. East went on a run and got the lead and then Community in the 4th started fouling and east made free throws. This was not a blow out by and stretch. Community held their own in this game. I just don’t think it’s fair for everyone to be downing their schedule when in years past no one said anything about any of the other teams in the district schedule. Nolensville played a lot of Nashville and larger schools probably because of travel and they are closer in size and they lost round one of the region at home to Creekwood. Did the tough schedule cause them to lose? Creekwood just probably made more shots that night. I saw Nolensville against Forest and they were a solid team. Community wasn’t only beating teams they did it pretty handily because they defended well and made shots the games I saw. All credit to East they made the plays late to win but Community was right there til the end. 

I say this with nothing but respect.... Community vs East was not close.. If the East coach would've played in pure press chaos the whole game like the 3rd quarter, it would have been a 20+ point game. heck, East won by 14 anyway after playing like a sack of hot garbage in the first half. I was at the game, obviously, and one of the community grandparents (had a grandchild on the team) said himself that they (Community) had played an extremely weak schedule. Those are his words not mine. If you want to be prepared for that type of speed and play, you must play that type of team during the season... Regardless of finances and travel distance. Also....

Nolensville not good

Creekwood not good

Eagleville not good

Warren Co not good

Tullahoma not good

1 hour ago, SavageSpeaks said:

I say this with nothing but respect.... Community vs East was not close.. If the East coach would've played in pure press chaos the whole game like the 3rd quarter, it would have been a 20+ point game. heck, East won by 14 anyway after playing like a sack of hot garbage in the first half. I was at the game, obviously, and one of the community grandparents (had a grandchild on the team) said himself that they (Community) had played an extremely weak schedule. Those are his words not mine. If you want to be prepared for that type of speed and play, you must play that type of team during the season... Regardless of finances and travel distance. Also....

Nolensville not good

Creekwood not good

Eagleville not good

Warren Co not good

Tullahoma not good

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. We didn’t see the same game. When you hold a team to 20 points in a half that is suppose to be one of the best in the state that’s pretty impressive. The other thing about schedule is that girls coaches have a say as well. And the facts are finances do play a role in rural schools when the make the schedule especially a town like unionville. Just the facts. The lead got that way because community was fouling at the end. Had community won it would have been east coaches fault and not what community did? East has a very good team no doubt. I will still disagree schedule had nothing to do with the outcome of that game. 

11 minutes ago, Observation said:

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. We didn’t see the same game. When you hold a team to 20 points in a half that is suppose to be one of the best in the state that’s pretty impressive. The other thing about schedule is that girls coaches have a say as well. And the facts are finances do play a role in rural schools when the make the schedule especially a town like unionville. Just the facts. The lead got that way because community was fouling at the end. Had community won it would have been east coaches fault and not what community did? East has a very good team no doubt. I will still disagree schedule had nothing to do with the outcome of that game. 

I'm not upset, hope you aren't either... There are plenty of high school programs with a good boys and sub-par girls teams... Also, community lost the game in the 3rd quarter period. The coach for the Eagles is 100% to blame for their first half woes... Community came out in that funky match-up zone (great coaching). I would've come out in the same defense or something similar to slow the game down. However, what was the average possession time for East in the first half? 30 sec? 40 sec? IDK but entirely too long. They have superior athletes. Why not take questionable shots at times (Jones, Wilson) and allow the other 3 players to crash the glass? That approach with a balls to the wall full court press wouldn't allow Community to slow it down and also make it very difficult to get set into that zone. However, still a great season for the Vikings. They have no reason to hang their heads.

7 hours ago, SavageSpeaks said:

Nolensville not good

Creekwood not good

Eagleville not good

Warren Co not good

Tullahoma not good

I saw the game too and it wasn't a blow out til late. Community dominated play until middle of 3rd quarter. East did press in first half but was limited because they had many turnovers and couldn't make a shot. Community had turnovers in both halves but in the second half they were turned into points. East won but it isn't like they were a superior team. I guess if you don't play Nashville teams your schedule is weak. Schedule had nothing to do with them losing. Both are very good teams. 

5 hours ago, SavageSpeaks said:

I'm not upset, hope you aren't either... There are plenty of high school programs with a good boys and sub-par girls teams... Also, community lost the game in the 3rd quarter period. The coach for the Eagles is 100% to blame for their first half woes... Community came out in that funky match-up zone (great coaching). I would've come out in the same defense or something similar to slow the game down. However, what was the average possession time for East in the first half? 30 sec? 40 sec? IDK but entirely too long. They have superior athletes. Why not take questionable shots at times (Jones, Wilson) and allow the other 3 players to crash the glass? That approach with a balls to the wall full court press wouldn't allow Community to slow it down and also make it very difficult to get set into that zone. However, still a great season for the Vikings. They have no reason to hang their heads.

No doubt was a great coaching move for the Vikings. That’s why they have been to the sectional 3 of the last 8 years they always play well on defense and get the most of the talent they have. I hate it for the East kids not being able to play in state tourney they deserved it. 

51 minutes ago, ecu said:

I saw the game too and it wasn't a blow out til late. Community dominated play until middle of 3rd quarter. East did press in first half but was limited because they had many turnovers and couldn't make a shot. Community had turnovers in both halves but in the second half they were turned into points. East won but it isn't like they were a superior team. I guess if you don't play Nashville teams your schedule is weak. Schedule had nothing to do with them losing. Both are very good teams. 

East won the game by 14. They led by 14 with 7:05 left in the 4th. This was in the midst of a 20-0 run between the 3rd and 4th quarters. So, i have 2 questions....

What is your definition of "late"? Basically 25% of game remaining at that point.

How many "good" teams, led by Seniors, playing their last Home game ever allow  a run like that to occur? 28-3 / 20-0  ... That is an upward or Jr Pro type run. Spare me with the bs. Community was boat raced in the 2nd half. Fax.

1 hour ago, ecu said:

Never said you have to play Nashville comp to be ready for that scene... But instead of playing Eagleville, Tullahoma, and Warren Co why not play Blackman or Webb School? Both schools are within the proximity of the above teams mentioned.... Test yourself early or get burnt late

22 hours ago, Observation said:

I think again it goes back to girls team having a say in the schedule. Blackman girls against community wouldn’t be fair. Community girls had about 8 freshmen that played varsity this time so I am sure it was a give and take on the schedule. I know community played Webb in a play day at shelbyville and lost by 8 with Johnson. They also scrimmaged Siegal in the pre season. Only so much you can do schedule wise. I will disagree on the boat race. Again I think we just saw the game differently.

10 hours ago, SavageSpeaks said:

Nolensville not good

Creekwood not good

Eagleville not good

Warren Co not good

Tullahoma not good

Didn’t East play Nolensville and only win by 9?