Class A - State Championship Teams

MrMiyagi

2 minutes ago, gcfan2 said:

I still stand by my comments. He is the the best in this year's as far as single A. Roger's is a good coach, but he has a lot of returning players. He's good. IMO Wilkins has done more with less talent. We started a freshman and sophomore who had very little state Tournament experience. The sophomore was high scorer for the game. I'm not bashing Coach Roger's he is a good coach. But, based on "this season", coach Wilkins has done more with less. And I stand by that comment.

I will go along with that about this years team.   Wilkins doesn’t have the two twins that Rogers has on this years team . They are very good scrappy ballplayers that can handle the ball and both score. 

2 hours ago, Lefty4 said:

I saw all the games today. From what I saw, Greenfield and Loretta will be in finals. Should be a good game . Winner will probably be Greenfield if they can contain Weathers.

Loretto needs to get by the defending state champions Gibson County. Remember,  Loretto was the favorite to win it last year. They did beat Greenfield,  which was an accomplishment.  

2 minutes ago, Youknowitstru88 said:

I will go along with that about this years team.   Wilkins doesn’t have the two twins that Rogers has on this years team . They are very good scrappy ballplayers that can handle the ball and both score. 

And they definitely have been there many years. I didn't get a chance to see that game. I did hear they are quick and the twins can take over a game.

59 minutes ago, Youknowitstru88 said:

Pretty large statement to make with Coach Rogers still in the tournament with a big win today.   

I stand by my statement.  How many returning players does Coach Roger's have? Did they loose 70%of their scoring like GC did?

39 minutes ago, Youknowitstru88 said:

I agree totally. Coach Wilkins will always have his team well prepared for every game  Same for Coach Rogers they are well prepared and  play hard    Sad day they cancelled with 4 teams ready to go tomorrow 

Agreed! Its insane! 

11 minutes ago, gcfan2 said:

I still stand by my comments. He is the the best in this year's as far as single A. Roger's is a good coach, but he has a lot of returning players. He's good. IMO Wilkins has done more with less talent. We started a freshman and sophomore who had very little state Tournament experience. The sophomore was high scorer for the game. I'm not bashing Coach Roger's he is a good coach. But, based on "this season", coach Wilkins has done more with less. And I stand by that comment.

Not sure how you can say that being as if you haven't played Clarkrange this season with the exception of playing at camp, and correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure GC lost that game by 20. Just saying...

20 minutes ago, gcfan2 said:

I believe GC coach is a very good coach but it wouldn’t matter this year. Greenfield wins going away. GC not in the same league this year or last.  Greenfields coach lost the game to Loretto last year by playing a ridiculous defense. Loretto shooters open all day and still barely won.  

1 minute ago, smalltownguy1966 said:

Not sure how you can say that being as if you haven't played Clarkrange this season with the exception of playing at camp, and correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure GC lost that game by 20. Just saying...

Didn't say anything about "camp". I'm talking about "coach of the year" which doesn't include summer camp. I still haven't had anyone answer how much offensive and defensive talent did Clarkrange loose from last year? GC literally lost at least 75% of both. Did they loose pretty much their entire starting lineup like GC did?  Your referring to something that may not even materialize. You guys have Greenfield and we have Loretto to get by and advance. That will be a big task for both teams. Just saying.

1 minute ago, Topfan said:

I believe GC coach is a very good coach but it wouldn’t matter this year. Greenfield wins going away. GC not in the same league this year or last.  Greenfields coach lost the game to Loretto last year by playing a ridiculous defense. Loretto shooters open all day and still barely won.  

GC won it last year 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Coach Wilkins derserves Coach of the year for losing a ton of players and still rolling. Coach Rogers is a great coach but he didn’t lose any players. Here you go blasting on GC again. Why are you so jealous of GC?

Coach Rogers had two senior starters to graduate last year. 
All the coaches seem like dedicated and driven coaches. 

5 minutes ago, Topfan said:

Loretto won by 11.  Greenfield's press didn't work against us.