Class A - State Championship Teams

MrMiyagi

25 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

I also played at every level.  I'm not even 40.  I didn't say it's why they got beat.  I said it plays a factor.  Just like vegas odds change based on home court advantage.  You can play ignorant to fuel your agenda if you like, but everyone knows the truth outside of you homers.

He/She lost me when he/she said Chadwell would come off the bench for Greenfield. That individual does not know Loretto b-ball. Chadwell from Loretto would start over at least 2 others and if she didn't, then it'd be purely political. McBee is fun to watch as well for a freshman. Everyone stay safe and practice some "social distancing". 

27 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

That is how i saw it too. The worst shooting game Greenfield had all season. Im sure playing Loretto who beat them last year, putting ranked 1 and 2 against each other that early, Coach Harper in the stands, and the packed house in attendance which Westview said they can’t remember it being that packed in along time weighed in heavier on Greenfield.  Last years Greenfield  did have some blowouts but the competitive games were always within 10. IMO lack of defense but this year I agree that their staff focused on Defense more. They are alot better rounded team this year than past. I think that if Greenfield had indeed been in their comfort zone that would have been another 20 to 30 point game. hats off to all these girls and coaches that made it. Only bad scouting i saw was on Pickett not face guarding #4 on GC. What was he thinking??? Hope these teams get to finish. 

Just think he pressed and he lives and dies by it. #4 is a family member and lives in my household. Our whole household is shell shocked and Greenfield I know is shellshocked at what has happend. She is a senior and played really well in Murfreesboro this year and last and made the All State Team last year and I am very proud of her as she had a broken foot and had surgery in August and missed three months of practice and training. I watched film on Pickett County all week and I knew she was either going to score a bunch or have a bunch of assists because they pressed all day every day on film and when you break it somebody is open on the back end and lots of times it is a two on one fast break. Kacey Sweatt played great that game handling Pickett’s pressure as well the whole team getting the ball up the floor. Hope they play and I know Greenfield is terribly sick as well being undefeated as well as Loretto, Clarkrange and the rest of the field. 

20 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Yep that makes perfect sense.  I just posted this as a funny, I hope everyone  knows I was only kidding. We just want to finish this tournament for the girls.

Just found out Coach Trevathan sent Macy Neal a letter after she had season ending surgery.  What class! She is a great girl. We kinda adopted that whole family my wife and I did.  Their just good folks! I appreciated what you guys did for her at the last home game we played you guys. I do the announcing for GC ,have for years. Greenfield gave her a loud cheer and standing ovation. Maybe Greenfield isn't that bad after all... lol! Class act though from your coach and team . Come down and holler at me if we play you guys at home. Would like to meet you

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gcfan2 said:

Just found out Coach Trevathan sent Macy Neal a letter after she had season ending surgery.  What class! She is a great girl. We kinda adopted that whole family my wife and I did.  Their just good folks! I appreciated what you guys did for her at the last home game we played you guys. I do the announcing for GC ,have for years. Greenfield gave her a loud cheer and standing ovation. Maybe Greenfield isn't that bad after all... lol! Class act though from your coach and team . Come down and holler at me if we play you guys at home. Would like to meet you

Loretto Coach did as well. They sent her a card and a devotion book. Class acts by both schools. Chloe ‘s dad called her too. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gcfan2 said:

Yes sir. I ride a handicap scooter so I stay up at the top level but stop me sometime and let’s talk. Gibson County has great fans and a great coach and always a good team. Next year it could be Clark Range and Gibson County in the finals. This was our year if we can just finish it. 

2 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Yes sir. I ride a handicap scooter so I stay up at the top level but stop me sometime and let’s talk. Gibson County has great fans and a great coach and always a good team. Next year it could be Clark Range and Gibson County in the finals. This was our year if we can just finish it. 

Didn't realize Loretto and other schools did that for Macy. Pretty cool that Chloe's dad called her! He's teaching his daughter what's important in life. Good for him! That proves there's still good people in this world! The world needs more of that. Because right now, there's a lot of hate and divisiveness in this Country. It's only a game if you think about it......but I sure like winning!

23 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Yep that makes perfect sense.  I just posted this as a funny, I hope everyone  knows I was only kidding. We just want to finish this tournament for the girls.

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Thought it was a defensive game and Greenfield shot pretty bad but created more TO’s than Loretto therefore having more possessions. It was pretty even until Chloe took over the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game. What would have been interesting for Greenfield would have been could they still create the TO’s they did on the bigger floor because they didn’t last year against Loretto. And this is not that it would happen it is the fact that it would have had to happen to beat Greenfield. I will say Greenfield and their coaches done an excellent job of focusing more on defense this year and they were a lot better defensive team. They could have an ugly offensive game and beat you. Not so sure everyone else could.

I would say that Loretto's defense has a lot to do with bad shooting.  The one thing know one talks about was the foul shot differential.  Greenfield shot 20 free throws to Loretto's 7.  That's 13 more opportunities to score.  Loretto plays basically without one of its main guards and in a home court environment and gets only 7 attempts at the charity strip.  To think that there is are not more college able players on our team than Weathers and Chadwell means you have not watched Loretto very much.  Greenfield is a great team, but so is Loretto.  I'd want to see this one on a neutral site and called straight up.

6 minutes ago, gcfan2 said:

Didn't realize Loretto and other schools did that for Macy. Pretty cool that Chloe's dad called her! He's teaching his daughter what's important in life. Good for him! That proves there's still good people in this world! The world needs more of that. Because right now, there's a lot of hate and divisiveness in this Country. It's only a game if you think about it......but I sure like winning!

I personally stick up for my team and have their back a bunch but I know the other guys love their teams as much as I do mine and they have their backs. Thought GC was for sure the Cinderella team and may be a team of destiny type team this year with all the adversity they went through since last March. Know we were playing our best ball and that is what sucks about this whole deal. And that isn’t saying we would have won it but it would have sure been fun trying with a confident bunch who knew they were already underdogs and playing with house money to some sort. But as much as we spar with Greenfield I still feel really bad for them as well as Loretto and Clarkrange as well as the others. 

3 minutes ago, gogold said:

I would say that Loretto's defense has a lot to do with bad shooting.  The one thing know one talks about was the foul shot differential.  Greenfield shot 20 free throws to Loretto's 7.  That's 13 more opportunities to score.  Loretto plays basically without one of its main guards and in a home court environment and gets only 7 attempts at the charity strip.  To think that there is are not more college able players on our team than Weathers and Chadwell means you have not watched Loretto very much.  Greenfield is a great team, but so is Loretto.  I'd want to see this one on a neutral site and called straight up.

Loretto is a great team no doubt and might have won it all. Final Four was set with four really good teams. I would still throw Summertown in there as a really good team as well. Brazier got hurt and Summertown didn’t play well at the end and got upset but I feel they could have made some noise.

22 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Loretto is a great team no doubt and might have won it all. Final Four was set with four really good teams. I would still throw Summertown in there as a really good team as well. Brazier got hurt and Summertown didn’t play well at the end and got upset but I feel they could have made some noise.

My comments were not so much made at GC or Clarkrange.  Both are great teams and good coaches in the championship discussion and should be given credit too.  It seems some on here think that Greenfield shot badly, Loretto does not have a quality starting 5 that can match up, driving 2.5 hours and then playing a game in a home court situation, and count a 6 point win as proof Loretto could not stand a chance against Greenfield.  Loretto shot 7 free-throws to Greenfield's 20.   Come on, these 2 are great teams with good coaches and we may never know what would have happened,  one thing is for sure, no one can know for certainty.

8 minutes ago, gogold said:

My comments were not so much made at GC or Clarkrange.  Both are great teams and good coaches in the championship discussion and should be given credit too.  It seems some on here think that Greenfield shot badly, Loretto does not have a quality starting 5 that can match up, driving 2.5 hours and then playing a game in a home court situation, and count a 6 point win as proof Loretto could not stand a chance against Greenfield.  Loretto shot 7 free-throws to Greenfield's 20.   Come on, these 2 are great teams with good coaches and we may never know what would have happened,  one thing is for sure, no one can know for certainty.

It would be a toss up for sure “if” the matchup took place. GC and Clarkrange both would have been real tough outs.

What no one has talked about at all is the decision TSSAA made to extend the basketball season 1 more week.

Had they left it alone, we would all know who the girl champions are in all classifications. We would also be down to the Final 4 in the boys and TSSAA would surely find a way to finish.

Decisions have consequences and that one has turned out to be devastating.

Edited by MrMiyagi