Westview vs Grainger

sportslover88

12 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Westview in a close one. Good draw. 

Westview will have to buckle it up right off the bat. Grainger beat The King’s Academy by almost 30. I watched The King’s Academy for two days and they can play. Have a guard with 8 D-1 offers and could have very easily beat TCA yesterday. They will have to play. 

Edited by pioneer42

3 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

What’s Grainger’s make up? Mainly guard play or big posts inside? 

Tori Rutherford is their best player... I wouldn't say they have a true "big" but they do have a kid with decent size who can knock down the 3.... Westview should win by 10-15...

• Like 2

With 3 out of 5 of Westview’s starters having been there 2-3 years before and playing quality minutes and then freshman Harrison playin well above her freshman years, I feel good about their chances. Covington the other night was an aggressive battle test for them and they pulled through it. I think that game gave them confidence that they can take into the state tournament 

• Like 2

Westview better not overlook Grainger. They are very long, shoot it well and can score in a hurry. Rutherford makes a HUGE case for shoulda been a Miss Basketball finalist. She doesn’t put up flashy stats every night but she makes this team go and does it ALL on both ends of the floor. She is better than one if not two of the chosen ones this year. And Longmire is better than her on some nights. 

1 minute ago, tnchad1980 said:

No, not at all. I respect Westview. But living in East TN...I've had the opportunity to see Grainger play a couple times. They're nothing to scoff at!

Never said they was. Anything can happen at any given moment.  But you also haven't been West to see those westview girls play. 

I give Westview a slight edge due to experience. Having made a deep run the last few years, I think they'll be cool under pressure and get off to a good start. State tournament nerves are a thing. Even though Grainger made the tournament last year, I still think it plays a slight factor. Grainger plays them even the rest of the way. Westview wins by 8.